AP21 wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    mdy4rjgvhy73.gif

That's considered a good win?

? y'all got low expectations

i mean, they were up 20, gave up the lead, battled back and won

idk what tf you be looking for when you watch basketball, but in years past, there is no way they come back from a team rallying from that. Idc if its a lottery team or not

at this point, well let me speak for myself, after 3 games, i expected them to be 1-2...they are 1-2

what else you want brah ~shrugs~

Did you not watch that game? They played horribly especially with ill advised passes every other possesion and then on top of that they blew a huge lead to the lakers. Im not hating by saying you didn't earn the win but you can't feel good about that win. Because play like that will get you washed when you play a team that's not the lakers

i think we just talking at each other right now brah lol

rondo is out, and they signed Jameer like a day before the game

yeah, it was sloppy at times, but again, like i said, in the past, they would've given up the lead and it would've just gone downhill from there...they battled back and secured the victory. Yes, its one game, but there are still positives to be taken away from it brah lol

Nah you got two players at the top of they position on the same team and a one time all star. Blowing leads to the lakers, playing like ?

Ima tell you how I told a heat fan after the pacers game, I guess you can be happy the team got it's 1st win but that's a win you can't even feel good about. And if you do, your expectations and standards are low

Top two players who are bigs which requires a game manager to set them up. Sadly, Nelson is like the first game manager AD ever played with so we shall see how we look tonight against Portland.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdy4rjgvhy73.gif

idk what tf you be looking for when you watch basketball, but in years past, there is no way they come back from a team rallying from that. Idc if its a lottery team or not

at this point, well let me speak for myself, after 3 games, i expected them to be 1-2...they are 1-2

Did you not watch that game? They played horribly especially with ill advised passes every other possesion and then on top of that they blew a huge lead to the lakers. Im not hating by saying you didn't earn the win but you can't feel good about that win. Because play like that will get you washed when you play a team that's not the lakers

yeah, it was sloppy at times, but again, like i said, in the past, they would've given up the lead and it would've just gone downhill from there...they battled back and secured the victory. Yes, its one game, but there are still positives to be taken away from it brah lol

Nah you got two players at the top of they position on the same team and a one time all star. Blowing leads to the lakers, playing like ?

Ima tell you how I told a heat fan after the pacers game, I guess you can be happy the team got it's 1st win but that's a win you can't even feel good about. And if you do, your expectations and standards are low

ok...i see what you saying

but after two lackluster seasons with a top 5 player in the league on the roster, it can only go up from there
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    mdy4rjgvhy73.gif

ok...i see what you saying

but after two lackluster seasons with a top 5 player in the league on the roster, it can only go up from there

Listen y'all had ryan Anderson, jrue, tyreke, and AD and got one playoff sweep out of it I have no confidence in y'all

Y'all obviously in that Kings/suns/Lakers/mavs territory

You beat the lakers who barely beat the Suns who have lost to everybody except the Kings

Wait until you play a team like detroit or Utah

Reality gonna set in

But I'm contradicting myself because I'm telling you to have higher standards...ah well
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If you gon keep entertaining this mfer then you might as well close the thread and do it in the NBA thread. This back and forth is looking sad as ? .
  • AP21
    Options
    nah...i get your pov now

season is still early, and roster is still unsettled unfortunately

it would be nice to not have the mental lapses, but one thing i saw on my TL was two plays in a row where they tried to go to Boogie in the post. Same post action

once was with Moore i think, and the other was with Nelson.

Nelson, clearly with the higher bball IQ noticed what they were doing with boogie. Attempted once or twice to get it, saw it wasnt there...put the ball on the floor towards the goal, drew the defense in, and kicked it out to Moore who hit that 3 to put he pels up by 8 iirc.

Moore kept pumping and pumping and pumping, and took like 8 secs off the clock trying to do so

i think if they remain healthy at key positions and the roster gets settled, its my hope to start seeing wins against more quality opponents
  • Beta
    Options
    nah...i get your pov now

season is still early, and roster is still unsettled unfortunately

it would be nice to not have the mental lapses, but one thing i saw on my TL was two plays in a row where they tried to go to Boogie in the post. Same post action

once was with Moore i think, and the other was with Nelson.

Nelson, clearly with the higher bball IQ noticed what they were doing with boogie. Attempted once or twice to get it, saw it wasnt there...put the ball on the floor towards the goal, drew the defense in, and kicked it out to Moore who hit that 3 to put he pels up by 8 iirc.

Moore kept pumping and pumping and pumping, and took like 8 secs off the clock trying to do so

i think if they remain healthy at key positions and the roster gets settled, its my hope to start seeing wins against more quality opponents

I feel you. Jameer Nelson actually a good pickup

Almost makes me feel like rondo not needed if jrue started at PG
  • Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    If you gon keep entertaining this mfer then you might as well close the thread and do it in the NBA thread. This back and forth is looking sad as ? .

Shut the ? up you nerd ass geriatric ? if you got nothing to contribute

Me and AP having an actual conversation

• caddo man
    Options

Shut the ? up you nerd ass geriatric ? if you got nothing to contribute

Me and AP having an actual conversation

Bruh nerdass geriatric? That is best you got. Keep trying bruh. You got time. It aint Friday but..........
    qPgnEeu.gif

• AP21
    Options
    tough loss

pretty much held CJ and Dame in check for practically the entire game

got killed on the boards. This was just a strange game. A lot of rebounds portland got was b/c two pels were fighting over the ball lol

AD goes down...negative MRI, so that obv changed what they were able to do, but they still had their chances.
  • caddo man
    Options
    My reaction to the AD news.................tenor.gif
  • AP21
    Options
    its negative tho Caddo lol
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • caddo man
    Options
    Nah man just another ? injury. And to top all that Jrue scores 14 points.................................Etwaun Moore playing better than him.
  • AP21
    Options
    but did you see what happened? lol

i've had that ? happen before man...it aint some "oh he hurt himself getting out the bed" injury...that would've happened to anybody
  • AP21
    Options
    BOOGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The ? is a caw caw?
  • caddo man
    Options
    The ? is a caw caw?

giphy.gif
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? is a caw caw?

giphy.gif

• silverfoxx
    Options
    The ? is a caw caw?

giphy.gif

• silverfoxx
    Options
    Nelson has been a top 20 pg for us so far. When boogie is focused, dude is a top 7 player.

I'm flapping!!!!!! Only one CAW for that game though since the first half was ass.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Nelson has been a top 20 pg for us so far. When boogie is focused, dude is a top 7 player.

I'm flapping!!!!!! Only one CAW for that game though since the first half was ass.

I’m not impressed with our defense especially our help defense.
  • caddo man
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The defense should get better as people start getting back healthy.

AD known for defense.
    Rondo known for defense.
    Hill known for defense.

Jrue, Allen, and Moore did their thing in Portland. If Davis would have played the whole game that was a win.

That is why the All Star game deadline for this team to click is hard to swallow. February 2018! Rondo will be back by December but Hill wont be back by February. Oh and I know no one cares but Ajinca will be back by the end of February. He can give some minutes at the 5 and sometimes the 4.

I hope Frank Jackson comes back in time to get some work in. At least let them see how he looks in practice.
  • caddo man
    Options
  • silverfoxx
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We not gon get guard play like that offensively the rest of the season.