AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Missed the game but saw the highlights

My goodness
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    As long as Jrue can contribute 20 and Etwaun average double digit. I love the 10 min contribution of Josh Smith. An athletic big body. That is all that is needed.
  • AP21
    Options
    Bad loss

? poor effort
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Bad loss

? poor effort

? lost and ? coaching, and ? effort from AD , who has been playing ? defense the whole season so for.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might as well call this the Saints/Pelicans thread.

• Shizlansky
    Options
    Who would have bought our defense is actually doing a good job with all those rookies starting
  • AP21
    Options
    nah man...lol

lets keep this one strictly for the pels
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    nah man...lol

lets keep this one strictly for the pels

Ima need a legit reason why.
  • AP21
    Options
    its only maybe me an you talking about the saints in the nfl thread

and me you silver and caddo (haf part time) talking about the pels in here
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    its only maybe me an you talking about the saints in the nfl thread

and me you silver and caddo (haf part time) talking about the pels in here

I watch the Pels games. I don’t post because they make me legit mad at them.
  • AP21
    Options
    this guy lol

anyway

i dont wanna see nothing else about KAT being an up and coming leader of the league. AD stay giving him the business and Boogie almost got him fouled out

but this team man...just puzzles me so much.

You held Jimmy and KAT in check, and for the most part Wiggins, and still lose.

Jrue gotta get benched or something. He is playing so uninspired. AD missed some uncharacteristic FTs late.

Ian Clark needs more burn. Period. He is the most consistent player outside of AD and Boogie.

I would roll out

Nelson
    Holiday
    Allen
    AD
    Boogie

1st subs:
    Moore
    Clark
    Cunningham

• silverfoxx
    Options
    I won't even front, AD lack of defense and confidence this year is worrisome. Dude been trash AF on defense and you look at his effort he barely even tries.

Boogie is pretty much doing all the work and visually his frustration was showing last night when Jrue was doing a ? cut. Jrue is just a typical sheltered middle class California ? who just lack ambition to be great at anything and "go with the flow" ? . Dude will never reach his potential due to his lack of desire to be great, and he lacks major confidence to be dominant. It's literally all mental for dude. I can't stand players like that. The ones with all the talent but lack the drive or mental toughness to reach their potential.
  • AP21
    Options
    silver, what games are you watching brah lol

AD defense is trash? lol
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    silver, what games are you watching brah lol

AD defense is trash? lol

Yes, so far this year AD defensive intensity has been very lacking. I don't count the LAST situation since it's natual for AD to have a rivarly with him, plus KAT was in foul trouble the whole night. Go back to our Orlando magic lost (Speights going dumb from the three point line) to the Cleveland game with Love doing the same. His periemeter defense has been horrible, to his help defense. He is not fully engaged yet, and whenever the game is on the line he lacks the confidence to make a clutch free throw or shot. Boogie went perfect from the free throw line including in clutch moments. AD had his head down and ? potting when the team needed him to make shots.

Boogie and AD is clearly carrying the team, but Boogie impact is what carrying us to our punny lol three wins so far. AD needs to step up his defensive efforts, his leadership skills, and the whole other team gotta play like ? NBA players. Cunningham is sorry AF, and Holiday is too brittle for us to be anything. Boogie gonna get tired of our ? soon a request a trade first if things dont improve....watch
  • AP21
    Options
    i guess our expectations are vastly different fam...i dont see none of that stuff you talking bout regarding AD

cosign on Dante and Jrue
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    My brother im telling you just watch AD periemeter D and help defense next game. Come back and tell me what you see. Im praying dude converts back to his effort from last year which he was on the all defense team.

Natually AD should be better on defense, he is still biting on pump fakes and ? . Dude should be more advanced and have a higher defensive IQ.
  • AP21
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    My brother im telling you just watch AD periemeter D and help defense next game. Come back and tell me what you see. Im praying dude converts back to his effort from last year which he was on the all defense team.

Natually AD should be better on defense, he is still biting on pump fakes and ? . Dude should be more advanced and have a higher defensive IQ.

the thing is, it sounds like you are blaming him for the mistakes of others in the scheme. If he is blowing his assignment, thats one thing, but if he trying to direct everyone where they should go and they dont do that, whose fault is that?
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

Jrue gotta get benched or something. He is playing so uninspired.

been trying to let him make it but ?

all the my bads and my faults is noble but sometimes its like he dont care

• silverfoxx
    Options

the thing is, it sounds like you are blaming him for the mistakes of others in the scheme. If he is blowing his assignment, thats one thing, but if he trying to direct everyone where they should go and they dont do that, whose fault is that?

I am honestly blaming him. AD is not as vocal on the defense standpoint. I can make a argument that losing Solo was a huge blow to our defensive schemes because he was the main communicator. AD lack of of leadership is not something new, he spoked about trying to improve it this season in media day, as well as Gentry. Example, when AD goes up for a rebound, dude is not vocal communicating that he has it, which in the case at times creates turnovers . I just don't ever see AD being the team leader he should have been at this point, it's not a mistake that Boogie is carrying us in winnng games this season while AD is doing his traditional Demigod empty stat line that doesn't contribute to winning basketball which he has been doing before Boogie got here. Dude started the season off last year averaging like 38 ppg in the first 5 games or something and we still lost all of them. I just don't see AD being that guy that knows how to win games yet as a leader.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am honestly blaming him. AD is not as vocal on the defense standpoint. I can make a argument that losing Solo was a huge blow to our defensive schemes because he was the main communicator. AD lack of of leadership is not something new, he spoked about trying to improve it this season in media day, as well as Gentry. Example, when AD goes up for a rebound, dude is not vocal communicating that he has it, which in the case at times creates turnovers . I just don't ever see AD being the team leader he should have been at this point, it's not a mistake that Boogie is carrying us in winnng games this season while AD is doing his traditional Demigod empty stat line that doesn't contribute to winning basketball which he has been doing before Boogie got here. Dude started the season off last year averaging like 38 ppg in the first 5 games or something and we still lost all of them. I just don't see AD being that guy that knows how to win games yet as a leader.

Talk to em pac!
  • AP21
    Options
    This is a strange issue to get triggered over

Who else was scoring at a consistent clip over those stretch of games?

I mean, if he doesn't, then they are blown out at every chance. And nobody on this Earth would ever evaluate AD statline as hollow. This not a dude intentionally playing volleyball with rebounds to get stats.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    AD is playing great D tonight. This is the effort I wanna see from him every night. Dude in the zone right now.
  • AP21
    Options
    aight...pels have a better record on the road so far in the season

lets see if they can ride the dallas win into two in a row to get back to .500 tonight
  • AP21
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ugly win

5-5 after 10 games with 4 wins coming on the road

Next game is Tuesday. They need to get super rested.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

Rajon Rondo aims to make a return to the court on November 17th against the Denver Nuggets.