"He Knew What He Signed Up For"

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited October 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
tkztdgehuldgfwlng6cf.jpg
Just when you think it can’t get any worse, the dotard-in-chief does something else that leaves us all collectively facepalming and asking ourselves, what the ? ? This time, it is his comments to a grieving Army widow that have us shaking our head as a nation.

U.S. Army Sgt. La David Johnson died in a deadly ambush in Niger on Oct. 4. It took the president nearly two weeks to reach out to Johnson’s widow, and when he finally did on Tuesday, Local 10 reports Trump told Myeshia Johnson, “He knew what he signed up for … but when it happens it hurts anyway.”

Imagine being the president of the United States and not having the tact or sensitivity to properly address the pregnant widow of a soldier who died in service to the country you are currently running into the ground with your ? . For real, bruh?

Trump called Mrs. Johnson at 4:45 p.m., shortly before her husband’s remains arrived at Miami International Airport.

Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Miami Gardens) witnessed Mrs. Johnson, who is the mother of a 2-year-old son and 6-year-old daughter, leaned over the American flag draping her husband’s casket and sobbed uncontrollably.

Sgt. Johnson, 25, was a former Walmart employee who became a member of the 3rd Special Forces Group at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. He died during a mission fighting alongside Green Berets. His group was ambushed by 50 Islamic militants using rocket propelled grenades and machine guns. Five Nigerian soldiers also died in the ambush.

Johnson’s body was not recovered for 48 hours after he died.

The other three victims of the attack were Staff Sgt. Bryan C. Black, 35, of Puyallup, Wash.; Staff Sgt. Jeremiah W. Johnson, 39, of Springboro, Ohio, and Staff Sgt. Dustin M. Wright, 29, of Lyons, Ga., according to officials with the Department of Defense.

http://www.theroot.com/donald-trump-to-army-sgt-s-pregnant-widow-he-knew-wha-1819636941

Comments

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    hold on because this story might be being politicized by both parties and no one has the facts...
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like something I would say, I'm terrible at comforting people.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

fortyacres wrote: »
    hold on because this story might be being politicized by both parties and no one has the facts...

Ur right...I mean a democrat ? said it..

Its a war on man as we know it
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok...quick question...

what was we expecting trump to say?

was trump wrong? or just not sugarcoating?
    didnt furious tell you ? ?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like something I would say, I'm terrible at comforting people.

Shame on you.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't wack me! It's not my fault I wasn't cuddled as a kid!
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna hear about military people before I make up my mind on this.

People that was in the military, or had family in the military, how would yall feel if someone says this if you or a member of your fam died in service?
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Better question why are troops over there to begin with?

First thing I said when I heard about it.

President Tang gives no ? .
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don’t the president usually have a generic comment “he died honorably” or “he died a hero” something along those lines?
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But this the same guy screaming BLUE LIVES MATTER smmfh
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    Don’t the president usually have a generic comment “he died honorably” or “he died a hero” something along those lines?

I think it would be better if all presidents moving forward just had a pre-written card and they just personally sign it. Let that be given to the family of the dead soldiers.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Better question why are troops over there to begin with?

Because there is a new totally independent offshoot of ISIS operating in that region
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it seems like there is too much military technology for an ambush in 2017 but alas.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he wouldnt of said dat ? if it was a cracka instead of ?

? aint surprising at all

the other three are craccas
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

it seems like there is too much military technology for an ambush in 2017 but alas.

Those companies still sell the military ? and faulty equipment.

So I easily see how this could happen.