Options
    NFL been a racist org

Good ol boys club

Has a team that is actually named after a racial slur

The NBA is far more progressive in many aspects
  • OnnaThursday
    OnnaThursday Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Options
    Those "patriots" gonna have Goodell head for this ?
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read on another thread that Jerry Jones was the only ? head in the meeting being extremely obtuse.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    it's funny how ? are still willing to protest the NFL over this

yet nobody has a problem with the NBA even tho it has a mandatory rule to stand for the anthem

the cognitive dissonance is hilarious to me

all the leagues should be subject to a protest by black people IMO

I think part of that is because the NBA players are more outspoken anyway and after the ? with the dress code has been more embracing of the fact that its a majority black league and using that fact in its marketing where the NFL has taken th3 MLB route of focusing on "history" and trying to emphasize the past aka less black folks playing. Think about how many NBA players and coaches openly speak out. Hell 3 of their top coaches in Pop, Kerr and Stan Van Gundy damn near hold weekly press conferences calling Trump an idiot
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    it's funny how ? are still willing to protest the NFL over this

yet nobody has a problem with the NBA even tho it has a mandatory rule to stand for the anthem

the cognitive dissonance is hilarious to me

all the leagues should be subject to a protest by black people IMO

I think part of that is because the NBA players are more outspoken anyway and after the ? with the dress code has been more embracing of the fact that its a majority black league and using that fact in its marketing where the NFL has taken th3 MLB route of focusing on "history" and trying to emphasize the past aka less black folks playing. Think about how many NBA players and coaches openly speak out. Hell 3 of their top coaches in Pop, Kerr and Stan Van Gundy damn near hold weekly press conferences calling Trump an idiot

^^^all of this still doesn't erase the fact that the NBA makes standing for the anthem a rule

it's so easy to forget that the whole dress code issue was a result of the league being made to be more presentable to white customers...........so it still doesn't make sense to give the NBA a pass for appearing progressive when it still has the national anthem rule

the NBA is just more effective at marketing and it seems that the fans fall for it