But he absolutely ANNIHILATES the NFL @ 4:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsvXrpN8WTI
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    This deserves a celebration
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Still aint watching or supporting. This is damage control.

Exactly; no celebration needed
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, and it’s still ? the NFL
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Party popper ass ?

lol....I know it seems that way, but we as a people tend to get distracted by minor and/or insignificant victories. While you want to be happy for the decision, you really have to look at it for what it was. This should have never been an issue in the first place. These mfs were basically pulling the ? card trying to punk ? into standing down on their issues and grievances. How are you going to try and force a person to do some ? that they're not even legally obligated to do? How are you going to try and completely change the message and make it into something that it's not even about and vilify people for "peacefully" standing up against oppression and tyranny? The NFL gets zero props for this because it was some ? from jump, and their reason for changing their mind is completely insincere. Once they realized people weren't going to back down, they had to do what they had to do to protect those $s and their image/brand. The thought of losing that almighty dollar will force a cac to buckle sooner than later. I know we like to take every W that we can get, but we still need to keep the pressure on them and stay focused on the greater agendas. Kap still ain't got a job. Cacs still tripping and deflecting about everything. ? still getting murdered by cops and by each other. Social injustices against minorities are still going on day in and day out. We still have a racist idiot running this country...etc...etc.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    When Kaepernick gets a job it will be a victory.

It wont.. im glad he is going to the courts now.. Figuratively hed be caged by being in the NFL. some concessions would have to be made on his part.. as far as the "optics" of him kneeling .. I think him not being in the NFL actually serves a purpose well the catalyst.. that led players to protest and made players look outside of themselves and off of the assembly line and take a stand.. As much as he deserves to be in the NFL.. I think he saw that ship has sailed and may be seeing a bigger picture..
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the local news reported that their are only SIX players in the league now that say they will continue to protest...
    Anyone else hear this?
    ? kinda cowards in the league? Buncha fall for anything ass ? smh
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the local news reported that their are only SIX players in the league now that say they will continue to protest...
    Anyone else hear this?

Not sure how true this is, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Goes back to what I said about people being distracted by minor victories.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone else hear this?

I didnt think that there was that many doing it
    In the 1st place, the dudes on 49ers, lynch, and the bennets are the only ones that i can think of off the top of my head
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Farrakhan destroys the NFL in this clip

But he absolutely ANNIHILATES the NFL @ 4:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsvXrpN8WTI

I said damn near exactly what Farrakhan said @:43-1:00 on here a while ago and ? flagged my ? .
  • playmaker88
    Options
    I think that number is a lie. they are trying to diminish it.. but the truth is most of them are cowards. The 9ers had la gang of cats kneeling
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    Anyone else hear this?

In the 1st place, the dudes on 49ers, lynch, and the bennets are the only ones that i can think of off the top of my head

True, but that number grew immensely over the last two weeks...
    So it was all just for show?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone else hear this?

my ? Peters been doin it since last year..

fi0yn0v3ujgv.jpeg
  • playmaker88
    Options
    I think Kap should come out and say this and only this.. in some form or fashion. I prepared myself to play in the nfl i believe i deserve an opportunity to play in this league. That i have had success in. Unfortunately powers greater than me havent allowed me to continue.. But i will continue to fight for my people.. blah blah blah..

Nip that ? right in the bud... because at this point NFL wont sign him....if they did it would not be because they really wanted him. its would be another move to pacify.. The NFL martyred him embrace it and dont give the nfl an out.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whatever happens, Kap will always be a hero in the Black community.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone else hear this?

Grew immensely?? Nah bro it grew for that one sunday after trump called them sobs, damn near everybody did it but that was just saying ? trump, after that it went back to normal which is a handful of dudes
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Anyone else hear this?

That happened cuz of trump saying what he said...not all of them was down for it til it became about saying "? trump"
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There was never a rule anyway

The NBA has a rule
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1st Amendment>>>>>Roger Goddell
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Kap should come out and say this and only this.. in some form or fashion. I prepared myself to play in the nfl i believe i deserve an opportunity to play in this league. That i have had success in. Unfortunately powers greater than me havent allowed me to continue.. But i will continue to fight for my people.. blah blah blah..

Nip that ? right in the bud... because at this point NFL wont sign him....if they did it would not be because they really wanted him. its would be another move to pacify.. The NFL martyred him embrace it and dont give the nfl an out.

True. Hopefully he has the right people in his ear.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y’all getting to caught up in the protest.

Most of these dudes is ONLY doing the protest. I’m trying to find out what they doing off the field and it’s hard to find ? on some of these dudes.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

The NBA has a rule

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf already fought that fight!

white ppl wanted to crucify him back in the day for not standing
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's funny how ? are still willing to protest the NFL over this

yet nobody has a problem with the NBA even tho it has a mandatory rule to stand for the anthem

the cognitive dissonance is hilarious to me

all the leagues should be subject to a protest by black people IMO
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

The NBA has a rule

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf already fought that fight!

white ppl wanted to crucify him back in the day for not standing

Yea and Adam Silver wants the players to stand for the anthem
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's funny how ? are still willing to protest the NFL over this

yet nobody has a problem with the NBA even tho it has a mandatory rule to stand for the anthem

the cognitive dissonance is hilarious to me

all the leagues should be subject to a protest by black people IMO

It's because a lot of these ? didn't really ? with the NFL from the start, and they're big into the NBA. I agree with you. If you're going to boycott one, then you might as well boycott them all. ? , it's like you said; in the NBA, you are forced to stand per rules