Let's talk about child custody for a sec...

Options
2»

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    When you say things like "go after their child " and "go take your child"

It sounds vindictive ....

why does it have to sound vindictive when "keeping a child away" or "pay support" doesnt?

go after their child is what any parent should do.

would you go after your child if you know i had our child smoking at 11? or talking bad about you?
    why cant take your child be associated with a father wanting to give his child the best and remove them from a negative situation?

are you making this about your gender? are you only thinking about your gender?
    because if you was thinking about what better for any child then you would sy the child should always be better with the parent willing to put in the work to make the child the best they can be and not stop a relationship from building with the other parent.

How does it sound if I was telling my girlfriend to do that?

Never once have said anything you're implying

but you implied that "go after my child" and "go take your child " sounds vindictive.

it depends on your frame of mind and if you understand the situation correctly...for it to sound vindictive.

would you tell your son to go get his child if a chick was keep your grand child away? or would you say..file for only visitation and let her raise the kid?

@MsSouthern
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options

why does it have to sound vindictive when "keeping a child away" or "pay support" doesnt?

would you go after your child if you know i had our child smoking at 11? or talking bad about you?
    why cant take your child be associated with a father wanting to give his child the best and remove them from a negative situation?

because if you was thinking about what better for any child then you would sy the child should always be better with the parent willing to put in the work to make the child the best they can be and not stop a relationship from building with the other parent.

but you implied that "go after my child" and "go take your child " sounds vindictive.

it depends on your frame of mind and if you understand the situation correctly...for it to sound vindictive.

would you tell your son to go get his child if a chick was keep your grand child away? or would you say..file for only visitation and let her raise the kid?

@MsSouthern

I'd call my bff and have her file for joint custody. I'm not going to punish my grandchild by keeping him/her from her mother
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

@MsSouthern

I'd call my bff and have her file for joint custody. I'm not going to punish my grandchild by keeping him/her from her mother

but who said you'd be keeping them away?

its simply taking control.

a person taking custody most likely will be under a microscope so to keep the child away would be pointless.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    how you doing today @MsSouthern ?

whats for dinner?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »
    5 grand is a ?

Ol 2+2= triangle ass ?

OK, I'll play along.

Why am I a ? ?
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options

whats for dinner?

I think we are saying pretty much the same thing but using different words lol

I think kids need equal time with both parents

I'm great ....getting ready for a Vegas next week

You ?

Sunday dinner -

Baked chicken ? stuffed with stuffing
    Green bean casserole...not my fav but my kid loves it
    Mashed potatoes and gravy
    Honey butter Rolls

:)
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

whats for dinner?

I think we are saying pretty much the same thing but using different words lol

I think kids need equal time with both parents

I'm great ....getting ready for a Vegas next week

You ?

Sunday dinner -

Baked chicken ? stuffed with stuffing
    Green bean casserole...not my fav but my kid loves it
    Mashed potatoes and gravy
    Honey butter Rolls

:)

butternut squash and blue cheese cassarole with mango, pineapple and melon salad.

just some thrown together stuff
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

The bold does sound vindictive
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

right...but its never met with the same stigma as a father wanting his child...

its like.....a man could only want his child for evil intentions towards the mother.

only evil minded people think like that .....

an fukk it ...yea im a bit guilty...fukk yall
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »
    5 grand is a ?

Ol 2+2= triangle ass ?

can he even count to potato?
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont like kids
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

its like.....a man could only want his child for evil intentions towards the mother.

It points to the idea, as was touched on in the thread you just started, that it's viewed by many, both women and men, that when it comes to being able to care for a child a man's ability is secondary when compared to a woman's...so for a man to want full custody of his child must mean he's doing it to get at the mother instead of actually being the person better able to care for them.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow women! " Saying the same thing but using different words?". What a professional blowoff! Wow!
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It points to the idea, as was touched on in the thread you just started, that it's viewed by many, both women and men, that when it comes to being able to care for a child a man's ability is secondary when compared to a woman's...so for a man to want full custody of his child must mean he's doing it to get at the mother instead of actually being the person better able to care for them.

Just because many ppl have the same opinion doesn't make it right. The whole notion that a man wanting full custody of his children just to get back at the mother is propagnda spewed by womens orgs like NWO. That sad song of "poor me, he wants to take my kids away from me to be mean" is a ? tactic used by women to get the upper hand in family court. Truth be told a lotta these women nowadays wouldnt want full cusotdy if a check wasnt attached to it.

On one hand everybody claim they want men to step up and be dads but then when a man says ok I want full custody then its "oh he's doing that out of spite"

There are plenty men out here that are better parents than the mother.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mom never put my dad on child support (even tho she probly should have but that's another story) and it gave me a different outlook on it...especially since one of my sister's mom's put him on it.

I won't say I don't think cs is bad in and of itself, but I feel like it already starts the co-parenting game off on the wrong foot...and sets your kid up to automatically think of the non-custodial parent as a failure.

So yo momma tried to trap two ? and neither one worked out?

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    My mom never put my dad on child support (even tho she probly should have but that's another story) and it gave me a different outlook on it...especially since one of my sister's mom's put him on it.

I won't say I don't think cs is bad in and of itself, but I feel like it already starts the co-parenting game off on the wrong foot...and sets your kid up to automatically think of the non-custodial parent as a failure.

So yo momma tried to trap two ? and neither one worked out?
    ????

Half sisters bruh....same dad diff moms...
    My mom didn't put my dad on cs but my sister's mom did and we see our dad differently because of it. Not solely because of that cuz we each got our own relationship with him, but time spent in court and not being able to see or talk to each other did a number on their relationship, whereas those restrictions didn't apply to mine.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »

Just because many ppl have the same opinion doesn't make it right. The whole notion that a man wanting full custody of his children just to get back at the mother is propagnda spewed by womens orgs like NWO. That sad song of "poor me, he wants to take my kids away from me to be mean" is a ? tactic used by women to get the upper hand in family court. Truth be told a lotta these women nowadays wouldnt want full cusotdy if a check wasnt attached to it.

On one hand everybody claim they want men to step up and be dads but then when a man says ok I want full custody then its "oh he's doing that out of spite"

There are plenty men out here that are better parents than the mother.

exactly....like you just said.....if a check wasnt attached to it. i mean from the dad or welfare.

even if a check wasnt attached to it....the chick that are working for they own money tend to be miserable and mad at the world. they want to be out poppin it, an holding drinks and turning ? down. they dont want to be trapped with a kid.

didnt we have a thread about women who are bitter about having kids?

and i also agree....chicks want dads to step up. but its not really about the kid...its about them and they selfish ass.

they want all the glory and the man foot the bill. they want the glory of having a free babysitter. they dont want the stigma of "its something wrong with that ? " if she loses her child because thats what she would say about another woman.

? .....if she wants to party...go ahead...have fun. go get a baller...but why cant the child live and be with the father or the man who wants to be a father.