Texas CHURCH SHOOTING: 20 Shots fired during service (27 Dead- 20+ Injured)

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

I'm not sure what you are asking or why. But ok. They are "above average" white men who are outliers\aberrations and have no connection what so ever to other whites. You know despite their past and present history of these types of incidents. Better?

I have a problem with you constantly typing things I haven't typed. You have used words like hate, enemy and made a statement in regards to me denying "whites should exist". You should chill on the lying cuz. I don't feel that way nor do I type such things. A Black man ignoring the obvious (dead people) to focus on real issues (white terrorism) isn't emulating whites. whites ignore POC issues while, using their voices, media, politics, law enforcement, votes, financial leverage etc to deny POC opportunity. You're attempts at making some correlation are lame and dishonest.

Did you not say the following?
    Let's address the real issue. white man. "average" white men are shooting and blowing america the ? up while everyone not white pays the price.

Did you means something by that other than the accusation that the white men committing those acts represent the average white man? How exactly did I misrepresent what you said? If anyone is misrepresenting anyone, you're the one doing that to me. I never said you said you hated whites, but I certainly could see that argument being made based on what you do say. Nor did I claim that you said whites shouldn't exist. That's literally some ? you just made up. I already addressed those accusations the first time you made them. I'm not sure why you continue to assert them.

I'm not even sure why you're purposely distorting my comments. Wouldn't it be simpler to just respond to the things I say rather than making up your own ? ? Or maybe you've forgotten the impetus of this discussion. It came from dissension with what others (e.g., @ghostdog123456) said. You basically and others are defending his side, which is fine, but just because I say something about his side doesn't mean I'm directing it towards you. That dude said something like "everyday a lot of white people die is a good day." That's some hateful ? . If that's not how you feel fine, but when you defend that stance you are legitimizing it to some degree.

I also didn't claim you ignoring dead people was emulating whites. I say you're emulating whites because you make the same kind of arguments they make. I made it clear what I was talking about. You saying that these shooters represent the average white person is no different than racists saying gangbangers that pull drivebys represent the average black person.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @The Lonious Monk I like that fam, " Go after the right people.". With that said, in the words of the late Baba Gregory that'd be the head of Yale, Walgreens, FedEx, UPS, Wal-Mart, Verizon etc who all fund ( along with the Koch brothers) Stand ya ground laws! We've been mad @ the wrong white folks and u know I don't cape 4 them @ all. Trump has given the Green light for debauchery and now we have a nation of degenerates committing atrocities nationwide. The ones I named R the REAL WHITE FOLKS! They'll get u killed or missing, hidden hand or shadow players. ? with them we'd now be playing with power. Power we don't currently possess. Cut the head off, the body dies. Cats like this animal r the hate that hate created. Product of his beliefs just like some brehs become products of their environment. Just change the faces, colors and places and it's all the same game. Stay up!
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure what you are asking or why. But ok. They are "above average" white men who are outliers\aberrations and have no connection what so ever to other whites. You know despite their past and present history of these types of incidents. Better?

I have a problem with you constantly typing things I haven't typed. You have used words like hate, enemy and made a statement in regards to me denying "whites should exist". You should chill on the lying cuz. I don't feel that way nor do I type such things. A Black man ignoring the obvious (dead people) to focus on real issues (white terrorism) isn't emulating whites. whites ignore POC issues while, using their voices, media, politics, law enforcement, votes, financial leverage etc to deny POC opportunity. You're attempts at making some correlation are lame and dishonest.

Let's address the real issue. white man. "average" white men are shooting and blowing america the ? up while everyone not white pays the price.

Did you means something by that other than the accusation that the white men committing those acts represent the average white man? How exactly did I misrepresent what you said? If anyone is misrepresenting anyone, you're the one doing that to me. I never said you said you hated whites, but I certainly could see that argument being made based on what you do say. Nor did I claim that you said whites shouldn't exist. That's literally some ? you just made up. I already addressed those accusations the first time you made them. I'm not sure why you continue to assert them.

I'm not even sure why you're purposely distorting my comments. Wouldn't it be simpler to just respond to the things I say rather than making up your own ? ? Or maybe you've forgotten the impetus of this discussion. It came from dissension with what others (e.g., @ghostdog123456) said. You basically and others are defending his side, which is fine, but just because I say something about his side doesn't mean I'm directing it towards you. That dude said something like "everyday a lot of white people die is a good day." That's some hateful ? . If that's not how you feel fine, but when you defend that stance you are legitimizing it to some degree.

I also didn't claim you ignoring dead people was emulating whites. I say you're emulating whites because you make the same kind of arguments they make. I made it clear what I was talking about. You saying that these shooters represent the average white person is no different than racists saying gangbangers that pull drivebys represent the average black person.

Did you means something by that other than the accusation that the white men committing those acts represent the average white man?

Obviously because, I didn't type anything in regards to "representation". The average white man means exactly that. Working stiff, maybe with a family, pays bills and takes his labrador to the vet.

So, now to address your lies. You did adequately address any of this. I just didn't feel the need to respond.
    You typed:
    "The problem is with you dudes the "support white supremacy indirectly" part comes down to them simply existing.
    You very clearly say here that I "dudes" have a problem with whites existing. I do not believe remotely close to your trash statement.

What sense does it make to hate someone because of the consequences of things that may not even be in their control?
    No one accept you typed "HATE" of any kind. You clearly say here that I and others "HATE" whites. And you are looking for answer as to why.

No distortion necessary. It's right there.

whites aren't saying anything remotely close to what I am saying. The majority don't even want gun control. So, comparing me to them is your ability to be honest. I get you are capping for someone in your family, wifey, mom or dad so I aint even mad. It's your job to defend the indefensible.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    @The Lonious Monk I like that fam, " Go after the right people.". With that said, in the words of the late Baba Gregory that'd be the head of Yale, Walgreens, FedEx, UPS, Wal-Mart, Verizon etc who all fund ( along with the Koch brothers) Stand ya ground laws! We've been mad @ the wrong white folks and u know I don't cape 4 them @ all. Trump has given the Green light for debauchery and now we have a nation of degenerates committing atrocities nationwide. The ones I named R the REAL WHITE FOLKS! They'll get u killed or missing, hidden hand or shadow players. ? with them we'd now be playing with power. Power we don't currently possess. Cut the head off, the body dies. Cats like this animal r the hate that hate created. Product of his beliefs just like some brehs become products of their environment. Just change the faces, colors and places and it's all the same game. Stay up!

There's truth here. However, the people that you have pointed out are a very small percentage. It's the average white majority that are supporting this behavior thus making it more difficult to go after the big fish.

I told a couple of my white co-workers. Black peoples fight or points of contention aren't against "INDIVIDUAL" whites. It's against the govt, big business and those who create policy\laws. The problem is, the MAJORITY of everyday average whites do not want to stand nor sit with Blacks in opposition to the power structure. And what makes joinging with Blacks MOST important is, if, things are made right for Blacks they are made right for ALL. Because, Blacks have shown that in our own pursuit of equality we will include ALL and fight for ALL..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Kwan Dai Thank U brother, Dope prespective!
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The Hue wrote: »
    It's all cause and effect.

Cause: Not giving a damn when these kids were murdered.

jd469syuizb9.jpg
    sgeioyxl2lhh.jpg

Effect: Not giving a damn when their kids are murdered.

You cannot expect every black person to be down with the "turn the other cheek" narrative. No one here has the right to tell the next black man or woman how they should feel or react to white folks dying. It's ? up but a lot of us out here tired of the ? .

So no white people care when black kids die? That's what some of ya'll don't seem to get about my stance. I don't care that you have a "if it's ? me, then it's ? them" attitude. If that's how you feel, it's how you feel. My point is that you guys seem to base your reasoning for that mentality on this idea that the majority of whites are these unrepentant psychopathic racists, which really isn't true.

14 people in a Cuyahoga county grand jury didn't care when 12 year old Tamir Rice was murdered by the Cleveland PD. If the racial composition of that grand jury matched the racial composition of the county that means that 2/3 of the people on that jury were white and not enough of them gave a ? about that child's death to demand a trial.

I'm not going to say that ALL white people could careless about black children being murdered but its clear that at least 2/3 of white people in the Cuyahoga County grand jury pool don't give a ? . I'd lying if I said idgaf about a 5 year old white child being murdered but unfortunately I understand why the next brother could feel that way.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    a2fwj2t5zil7.png

Yeah this was done in my area of GA
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad ? . RIP to all those who lost their lives. Prayers up to all those who were affected.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    The Hue wrote: »
    It's all cause and effect.

Cause: Not giving a damn when these kids were murdered.

jd469syuizb9.jpg
    sgeioyxl2lhh.jpg

Effect: Not giving a damn when their kids are murdered.

You cannot expect every black person to be down with the "turn the other cheek" narrative. No one here has the right to tell the next black man or woman how they should feel or react to white folks dying. It's ? up but a lot of us out here tired of the ? .

So no white people care when black kids die? That's what some of ya'll don't seem to get about my stance. I don't care that you have a "if it's ? me, then it's ? them" attitude. If that's how you feel, it's how you feel. My point is that you guys seem to base your reasoning for that mentality on this idea that the majority of whites are these unrepentant psychopathic racists, which really isn't true.

14 people in a Cuyahoga county grand jury didn't care when 12 year old Tamir Rice was murdered by the Cleveland PD. If the racial composition of that grand jury matched the racial composition of the county that means that 2/3 of the people on that jury were white and not enough of them gave a ? about that child's death to demand a trial.

I'm not going to say that ALL white people could careless about black children being murdered but its clear that at least 2/3 of white people in the Cuyahoga County grand jury pool don't give a ? . I'd lying if I said idgaf about a 5 year old white child being murdered but unfortunately I understand why the next brother could feel that way.

Didn’t some black ppl vote on that not guilty charge
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    That’s not even ANTIFA MO
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    So a dude just so happen to be there with his own AR to shoot it out with dude.

That town is all ? woh ppl just casually walking around with ARs

• skpjr78
    Options
    Idk b/c the grand jury proceedings are supposed to be secret. Black people make up 30% of the Cuyahoga county population and if the jury makeup represented the county that leaves you with a maximum of 4 votes. In and of it self that's not enough to indictment anyone. You need those 9 white votes which is what 2/3 of that grand jury pool looks like in Cuyahoga county. That clearly didn't happen.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Did you means something by that other than the accusation that the white men committing those acts represent the average white man?

Obviously because, I didn't type anything in regards to "representation". The average white man means exactly that. Working stiff, maybe with a family, pays bills and takes his labrador to the vet.

So, now to address your lies. You did adequately address any of this. I just didn't feel the need to respond.
    You typed:
    "The problem is with you dudes the "support white supremacy indirectly" part comes down to them simply existing.
    You very clearly say here that I "dudes" have a problem with whites existing. I do not believe remotely close to your trash statement.

What sense does it make to hate someone because of the consequences of things that may not even be in their control?
    No one accept you typed "HATE" of any kind. You clearly say here that I and others "HATE" whites. And you are looking for answer as to why.

No distortion necessary. It's right there.

whites aren't saying anything remotely close to what I am saying. The majority don't even want gun control. So, comparing me to them is your ability to be honest. I get you are capping for someone in your family, wifey, mom or dad so I aint even mad. It's your job to defend the indefensible.

lol @ you playing word games now. By represent, I clearly only meant that you were saying those guys are "average" white guys. As far as the "average" qualities you just listed, I don't really see what any of the things you listed have to do with the discussion though, since those usually aren't the primary factors that contribute to these dudes pulling this ? . It's typically the ? that takes them out of the average (e.g., mental health or extreme racist views) that lead to these incidents.

I said your problem with whites indirectly contributing to white supremacy boils down to them existing. I'm not saying you personally don't want white people to exist. I'm saying that their indirect contribution is likely a product of their existence and not fully something they can control.

If you said "I want to murder every white person in the world," you didn't say you had a problem with white people, but it's fair for me to extrapolate that from your comment. I already gave an example of some hateful ? that was said in this topic. You personally haven't said anything that extreme, but you certainly make a lot of generalizations and accusations, definitely enough to suggest you have some animus directed towards them.

I gave you an exact example of the parallels between what you're saying and what they say, and you instead ignore that and talk about gun control, which is not a point I even addressed. Then you accused me of caping for white people. I'm not caping for them. You can take white out and insert Mexican, Chinese, Martian, whatever the ? you want. My issue is not with you attacking white people, but with the illogical and hypocritical premises many of you keep pushing. I've said on many occasions, ya'll care about white people a hell of a lot more than I do. Outside of the ones in my family, I don't really give a ? about white people. I tend not to subscribe to this group thought that you guys and the white racists embrace so much.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Here is a pretty good article on the case:

https://www.gq.com/story/tamir-rice-story

For the many on here that don't want to read, what happened is basically that the DA didn't want to indict the cops, so instead of actually doing what prosecutors are supposed to do, he basically acted as the defense for the cops during the Grand Jury trial. He set it all up so that the cops looked like they had no choice but to shoot. That's what both the Tamir's family and the witnesses they hired got from the whole event.

So we can all argue that the jurors should have been able to see through the ? and still indict, but to imply that the sole reason they didn't indict those cops was because they didn't care about Rice dying is a misrepresentation. They were led in the direction the DA wanted them to go and voted that way. That's why I keep saying its the institutions in place and not the average everyday white person that bears most of the responsibility for the ? we go through.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White guy on cnn said its only terrorism if theyre doing it for political or social reasons.

https://youtu.be/fYcQu0h8aqk

But the dictionary disagrees

1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

2.the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    They did the same thing during Vegas.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    White guy on cnn said its only terrorism if theyre doing it for political or social reasons.

https://youtu.be/fYcQu0h8aqk

But the dictionary disagrees

1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

2.the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

I didn't watch the video, so I'm not sure how far they got into it. But the legal definition as far as how terrorism charges go is:
    The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives

So the motivations do have to be political or social in nature in order for a charge of terrorism to be declared.
  • skpjr78
    edited November 2017
    Options

Here is a pretty good article on the case:

https://www.gq.com/story/tamir-rice-story

For the many on here that don't want to read, what happened is basically that the DA didn't want to indict the cops, so instead of actually doing what prosecutors are supposed to do, he basically acted as the defense for the cops during the Grand Jury trial. He set it all up so that the cops looked like they had no choice but to shoot. That's what both the Tamir's family and the witnesses they hired got from the whole event.

So we can all argue that the jurors should have been able to see through the ? and still indict, but to imply that the sole reason they didn't indict those cops was because they didn't care about Rice dying is a misrepresentation. They were led in the direction the DA wanted them to go and voted that way. That's why I keep saying its the institutions in place and not the average everyday white person that bears most of the responsibility for the ? we go through.

The bolded undercut whatever argument it was that you were trying to make. And if it's that obvious to see what the DA was doing the question must be asked why did he feel so comfortable doing it in the first place? People don't seem to realize that district attorney is an ELECTED office. Tim Mcgintity only got 30% of the black vote but he still won over 50% of the white vote. His whole re-election campaign strategy was based on A ) black ppl not voting and B ) the overwhelming majority of white people in Cuyahoga County not giving a ? about the Tamir Rice case. That's why he felt so comfortable doing what he did. Even though he lost the election 51% of white people proved they didn't give a ? about Tamir's murder by voting for him.

The point is you can't absolve the "average everyday white person" for their racist attitudes and behaviors by blaming "institutions". At the end of the day in a democratic society the voters are the only institution that matters. The majority of white voters still voted for Mcginity even after seeing the ? he pulled on Tamir Rice. The majority of voters in Cuyahoga County are white and all jury members come from the voter rolls. Racism, bigotry and hatred matters in a majority rules democratic society. The voters determine who control these institutions and if you have at least 50.1% of voters who are racist you end up with Tamir Rice type situations.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? turning this tragedy into a think piece thread
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    to be black is to always have to take the higher ground.

while other take the lower ground to cut us from below so we cant stand with them when they stand up.

Why lower yourself to the standards of those who have proven to be less than?

we all dont have to but at some point someone has to.

this high horse mighty ground aint been working for quite a while.

Its not a high horse to have better morals than those you consider to be without them. I understand operating for the world as it is as opposed to how you want it it to be...I also am weary of people becoming the very thing they criticize and call out rightfully so as being evil and inhumane. There's a fine line and most don't know how to toe it and instead of just being numb you get people thinking laughing at dead kids is funny