Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    “It’s starts at home”

“We making it easy for them”

Why does this offend you ? ?

Because people always want to blame the white man

I mean its way easier to do that for some of these ?
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    In “Roman J. Israel, Esq.” Denzel Washington plays an idealistic defense attorney whose beliefs are tested when he joins a new law firm.

The Oscar winner says making the film did not make him more cynical about the justice system and, when asked about the prison-industrial complex, the “Malcolm X” star offered a surprising take.

“It starts at the home,” he told reporters at the film’s downtown New York premiere. “It starts at home.”

When prodded to expand on his answer, the 62-year-old Mount Vernon native replied: “It starts with how you raise your children. If a young man doesn’t have a father figure, he’ll go find a father figure.

“So you know I can’t blame the system,” he continued. “It’s unfortunate that we make such easy work for them.”

Washington came into the project with an insider’s edge on writer-director Dan Gilroy; he spars at the same gym as Jake Gyllenhaal, who starred in Gilroy’s critically acclaimed 2014 film “Nightcrawler,” and the actor gave Washington a full briefing on Gilroy.

“I got to learn a little bit about Dan in advance, and to see the great collaboration they had together,” Washington explained. “So it was easy, it was seamless and it was invigorating.”

(Washington declined to answer questions as to whether he or Gyllenhaal would win in the boxing ring).

The Oscar winner has played a lawyer before (“Philadelphia”), but his reasons for taking on this role weren’t so much because he wanted to return to a courtroom.

“It really didn’t have much to do with that,” he said. “It was just that Dan wrote a good script, a good story, the guy happened to be a lawyer. Law wasn’t the thing that attracted me to the story.”

Roman Israel — a legal savant — is certainly a departure for the actor. Washington told the Daily News that he based the character’s eccentricities on those of a friend’s son who is on the autism spectrum.

“He knew all the laws and everything, so I did a lot of research on Asperger’s, and the spectrum, and went in that direction,” he revealed.

Washington says he is not worrying about what his fans will make of this film.

“I just do what I do,” the “Training Day” star said. “I can’t be concerned. I don’t know what they’re going to think, so that’s not something that comes into my head. . . . If it’s something I’m interested in, then I do it if I can, and we’ll find out what they think about it.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/denzel-washington-don-blame-prison-system-article-1.3653432

If someone else said this then I'd feel different, but Denzel's speaking as a father and he's been legit for like 35 years in the black community and spoken and acted very positively on our behalf. Also, he's kinda right. Not all the way right b/c the system is to blame,but parents are too blame also AS WELL as the damn individual that commits a crime. I'll let y'all argue with who's more to blame.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    sunlord wrote: »
    The ? is really going all out for his right to blame white people for ? ? up

You definitely a ? .
    Huey_C wrote: »

Beta male problems

Now DL Hughley, Willie D, and Immortal Tech are beta males ?

Or maybe yall MFs just some Denzel worhsipping groupie MFs - beta male / ? ?

You still dont get it.
    Denzel is talking about a part of the problem that is often not spoken of within the black community : WHAT ARE THE VALUES THAT WE CAN TEACH OUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS SO THAT THEY DONT END UP IN JAIL?

IS MATERIALISM LEADING US TO JAIL?
    IS GREED LEADING US TO JAIL?
    Is ENVY LEADING US TO JAIL?

see there are a lot of questions we can ask ourselves in order to stay away from jail. As far as im concerned i can understand stealing to get something to drink, eat and feed your children. I cannot understand dope dealing and gangbanging for MATERIAL STUFF!! I just cant. And thats what Denzel is talking about imo.

That being said AINT NO DUMBER THAN SOMEBODY FALLING INTO THE SAME TRAP OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

MATERIALISM is doing worse to the black community than druggs. I got out of that game cause the rules of the materialism game are made so i end up in jail.

I have chosen MINIMALISM. Goodbuye the malls and black friday. Goodbuye big car debt and maintenance. Goodbuye stuntin in the club and making it rain.Goodbuy stress and envy.

Black people should stay out materialism and go minimalism.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of y'all acting the jailhouse is full of innocent niqqaz..some of them muhfuckaz need to be there or act least far away from the general public..
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

You definitely a ? .

Beta male problems

You still dont get it.
    Denzel is talking about a part of the problem that is often not spoken of within the black community : WHAT ARE THE VALUES THAT WE CAN TEACH OUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS SO THAT THEY DONT END UP IN JAIL?

see there are a lot of questions we can ask ourselves in order to stay away from jail. As far as im concerned i can understand stealing to get something to drink, eat and feed your children. I cannot understand dope dealing and gangbanging for MATERIAL STUFF!! I just cant. And thats what Denzel is talking about imo.

That being said AINT NO DUMBER THAN SOMEBODY FALLING INTO THE SAME TRAP OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

MATERIALISM is doing worse to the black community than druggs. I got out of that game cause the rules of the materialism game are made so i end up in jail.

I have chosen MINIMALISM. Goodbuye the malls and black friday. Goodbuye big car debt and maintenance. Goodbuye stuntin in the club and making it rain.Goodbuy stress and envy.

I'm out of ways of trying to explain this ? .

Read what Immortal Tech wrote earlier, and directly respond to it.
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IT STARTS at home ? immortal technique and his communist garbage.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You definitely a ? .

Beta male problems

You still dont get it.

Im using my words and not others. Feel free to use yours bruh. I know Immortal Technique. I respect him yet he is not a ? . His views can be challenged.

Im a conservative. I m an advocate of responsibility. If you teach your children that material stuff wont make you a respectable being you seting them to be out of gangbanging and drug dealing. They wont pop somebody for a phone or shoes. They wont be at the pole for fake hair and Gucci. They wont divorce in order to get alimony.

• 7figz
    edited December 2017
    Options

You definitely a ? .

Beta male problems

You still dont get it.

Im using my words and not others. Feel free to use yours bruh. I know Immortal Technique. I respect him yet he is not a ? . His views can be challenged.

Im a conservative. I m an advocate of responsibility. If you teach your children that material stuff wont make you a respectable being you seting them to be out of gangbanging and drug dealing. They wont pop somebody for a phone or shoes. They wont be at the pole for fake hair and Gucci. They wont divorce in order to get alimony.

People who don't agree with Denzel have been "using their words" all thread bro - makes no sense to repeat it. I did it earlier just to get the grass lower - not today.

I mention the Immortal Tech post because he's saying the same ? we are, so like I said - respond directly to it, otherwise this conversation is several types of logical fallacies and not worth the time.

The most I'll do is re-post this ? , and several of the counter-arguments - again, for MFs too lazy, or unwilling to read or see both sides:

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Denzel literally pointed out that they out to get us.

And stated stop making it easily for them.

I just don’t get how y’all and ? like IT not getting it.
  • 7figz
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Points out that they're "out to get us" but "can't blame them" and has no problem blaming "us".

Nothing wrong with that statement tho, but everybody else is the "? ".
  • sunlord
    Options
    Points out that they're "out to get us" but "can't blame them" and has no problem blaming "us".

Nothing wrong with that statement tho, but everybody else is the "? ".

soldiers at war don't really blame the soldiers on the other side for shooting at them because that's what soldiers do

however if members on your own squad don't fire back then you blame them for being scared or worse stupid.
  • 7figz
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Not interested in any analogies that would further convolute the discussion. Keep it simple and respond directly to those tweets.
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Both contribute

This would be the /thread, but MFs too arrogant to concede.

Way too easy to oversimplify, change the subject, & keep blaming Black people.
  • sunlord
    edited December 2017
    Options
    the analogy was simple and far from convoluted you just don't want to listen because it would shift a greater responsibility onto black people which would destroy your victim mindset.

do both the unfair justice system and black american pathology contribute to over incarceration??? yes but what's important is percentage. I would say that more than 85% of the problems black people face in america we brought onto ourselves because we continue to behave in ways we know are destructive to our collective well being.
  • 7figz
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'd trust scholars who have written on the subject of prison system discrimination more than percentages pulled out some IC ? 's imagination.
  • sunlord
    Options
    stats don't lie and stats record black people doing a disproportionate amount of crime which only fuels greater police presence and pressure on our communities which then in turn adds more to those stats which justifies the greater police pressure which keeps the cycle rolling
  • sunlord
    Options
    I'd trust scholars who have written on the subject of prison system discrimination more than percentages make up by IC ? .

You are the real ? and those scholars who point to symptoms and don't look at the real causes of problems are part of the problem.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    crackers rigged the game but got damn have some accountability for ur actions. its a lot of aint ? be ur friend instead of ur parent ass moms and dads out there.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Denzel literally pointed out that they out to get us.

And stated stop making it easily for them.

I just don’t get how y’all and ? like IT not getting it.

thi sums it all up......if you know they want to off us all....why are you making it easier for them. now instead of them getting 3 out of 10 innocent men......fukk ? make it 8 out of 10 black men.

while the system is a major part....we can not exclude the fukk ? ? do to make innocent ? a target.

while every black man aint guilty.....every black man is not innocent
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stats don't lie and stats record black people doing a disproportionate amount of crime which only fuels greater police presence and pressure on our communities which then in turn adds more to those stats which justifies the greater police pressure which keeps the cycle rolling

is the bolded really true tho?

or is there already an increased police presence that seems to find more black people who commit crime?

looking at stats from the drug war, technically there are more white drug users and dealers just by increased population numbers vs. black folks

why aren't those same numbers reflected in the prison population?

are u really suggesting that black people as a whole commit more crime for the 13% black free population to justify the 50% black confined population?
  • 7figz
    edited December 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    crackers rigged the game but got damn have some accountability for ur actions. its a lot of aint ? be ur friend instead of ur parent ass moms and dads out there.

That's obvious tho. The only people in here justifying unaccountability are the people not holding the system accountable.
  • 7figz
    Options

or is there already an increased police presence that seems to find more black people who commit crime?

looking at stats from the drug war, technically there are more white drug users and dealers just by increased population numbers vs. black folks

are u really suggesting that black people as a whole commit more crime for the 13% black free population to justify the 50% black confined population?

That dude's such a self-hatin ? that he probably really is suggesting that.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think this argument will always go sideways...

? talking about the same people but different people at the same time.

we are allowing fukk ? to live amongst us and we hide and protect them. that allows the system to harrass us all.

if we have our own system...where we punish those that help them do their job of harassing then all the problem is on the system. and we can say it without a doubt an make corrections to stop it.

how you gonna stop some ? when you have judas ass ? killing us from within?
  • sunlord
    edited December 2017
    Options

Black people do the most crime but that only means we get caught and convicted more Maybe whites do sell and use more drugs. They are the largest population so that assumption would make sense HOWEVER since they don't get caught and convicted as much we can never really know WHICH race is actually doing more crime. We can only know who gets caught more, Stats reflect who is getting caught not who is actually doing more crime

Why don't whites get caught as much??? because the police don't scrutinize them as much..... why??? because those communities don't give them as much reason to. white people sell and use drugs but they don't turn their neighborhoods into shooting galleries in other words it's the concentration of murders and violence in black communities that draw increased police pressure which leads to higher rates of imprisonment. On top of that black people are stigmatized as criminals always have been but today we play into the stigmatization our youth fuels this native image by their violent stupid behavior.

One of the most violent groups in America is probably outlaw bikers, these are mostly white male gangs but outlaw bikers don't murder or assault nearly as much people as gangsta disciples, vice lords or the various blood and Crip organizations,
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You definitely a ? .

Beta male problems

You still dont get it.

If you don't get the ? outta here with that ? !!

That very thing is always talked about just cause the white media don't talk about it and put it at the forefront don't mean black people and organizations ain't talking about it.

You crazy as ? to type that garbage