Denzel Washington: Don't Blame The Prison System, 'It Starts At The Home'

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am gonna ask this but don't chew me out. Lets say u born into a ? up poor situation. Poor as heel in the hood. Ur environment isn't ur fault. Its the system white folk created to ? u over and hold down the black community... I agree. Now lets look at the this part. ? start hustling and selling drugs or kicking in doors for money or a female starts stripping then graduates to prostitution/ad scamming... Both are willfully breaking the law for money correct? Ive heard many a ? say I aint working at no McDonald's or Walmart.... cool But if either get arrested and locked up aint no sympathy u just got caught up. So is it the systems fault they get locked up?
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I am gonna ask this but don't chew me out. Lets say u born into a ? up poor situation. Poor as heel in the hood. Ur environment isn't ur fault. Its the system white folk created to ? u over and hold down the black community... I agree. Now lets look at the this part. ? start hustling and selling drugs or kicking in doors for money or a female starts stripping then graduates to prostitution/ad scamming... Both are willfully breaking the law for money correct? Ive heard many a ? say I aint working at no McDonald's or Walmart.... cool But if either get arrested and locked up aint no sympathy u just got caught up. So is it the systems fault they get locked up?

oh boo ? hoo.... so some black people are poor that does not justify doing crime especially violent crime. Generations ago black were even more poor but there was less violence among ourselves.... so the " oh i'm poor i didn't have another choice" can GTFOH.

? today just have inferior moral stands and less disciple.
  • aneed123
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »

oh boo ? hoo.... so some black people are poor that does not justify doing crime especially violent crime. Generations ago black were even more poor but there was less violence among ourselves.... so the " oh i'm poor i didn't have another choice" can GTFOH.

? im agreein wit u. calm da ? down.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

U know that's zombie, right?
  • sunlord
    Options

I know i was just expressing myself
  • sunlord
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »

U know that's zombie, right?

YEAH SO??
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

So to your answer your question again, of course a criminal is responsible for committing a crime. But, if the system has a hand in it, or is penalizing people differently based on race, then the system is responsible too.

We hold guardians responsible for the environment they put their children in, schools responsible for the environments they put their students in, employers responsible for the work conditions they put their employees in, but we "can't blame the system" ?

• sunlord
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

So to your answer your question again, of course a criminal is responsible for committing a crime. But, if the system has a hand in it, or is penalizing people differently based on rase, then the system is responsible too.

We hold guardians responsible for the environment they put their children in, schools responsible for the environments they put their students in, employers responsible for the work conditions they put their employees in, but we "can't blame the system" ?

So black people are children and dependents/slaves of the government??? you don't see how philosophically your way of thinking infantilizes black people yet YOU have the nerve to call me ? .

GOVERNMENT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU. Government is not your father or mother and even if you have a government job government is not responsible for your moral/personal decisions. Committing a crime especially a violent one is a moral decision. This society DOES not operate under a communist or collectivist culture what moral choice you make is your own ? fault and not the fault of the state.

what hand does the system have in making one black man murder another??? did the system force the killer to pull the trigger??? no
  • 7figz
    Options
    Wasn't responding to you, you coconut curry ? MF.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? thread again!!? i tried ignorin this ? ..
    log on see 200+ new posts..

thats how bad i been tryin to avoid this convo..

so what do i do!!?
    my ? say “self.. jus go to the last page and see whats goin on..”

first post aneed..
    bad post.. but not horrible..
    then i see fuckniggazombie 2.0

yeh now im ? ..
    im almost home.. yall hold on. lol
  • sunlord
    Options

curry coconut is ? disgusting.... and what are you a collard greens and cornbread soul food ? . You're a ? slave with a slave victimology

• sunlord
    Options
    If you are a criminal at least be man enough to own that ? ... if you are pimping or selling dope or robbing banks ? that's what you are doing. MAN THE ? UP and own that ? and all the consequences that come with it don't be a ? delusional slave who blames everything on the white man or his mama or poverty or the system.
    blame your ? self

Now if you are getting money and doing things the right way then you deserve your ? respect it wasn't the system that helped you it was your own ? work and genius.
  • 7figz
    edited December 2017
    Options

curry coconut is ? disgusting.... and what are you a collard greens and cornbread soul food ? . You're a ? slave with a slave victimology

Nah ? boy, I got Island roots too but not the slave mentality you got.

I definitely aint cut from the same cloth as you self-hating, sellout MFs. Stop seeking conversation wit me tho, batty man. You startin to look like the "natural ? " you claim the white man to be.
  • sunlord
    Options

Nah ? boy, i got Island roots too but not the slave mentality you got.

I definitely aint cut from the same cloth as some you self-hating, sellout MFs. Stop seeking conversation wit me tho, batty man. You startin to look like the "natural ? " you claim the white man to be.

? you cut your mother panty crotches that is the only cloth you cut from..... fassy.

conversation with you??? no ? this was about stopping the spread of your fuckery ? like you lead black people astray with your poisonous perspectives .
  • 7figz
    edited December 2017
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Not gonna really go into it, but it doesnt start home. Lets say a baby is born today, in 2017. The system has been trying to ? that babies parents and destroy their sense of right of wrong for all of their lives. Now in some cases the system succeeds and in other cases it does not. In a case where it succeeds, the destruction of the baby born in 2017 started way before he or she was born into the "home"

They dont hear you tho. They think you're not trying to take responsibility, or you must jobless, in and out of jail, etc... etc...
  • aneed123
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »

so what do i do!!?

first post aneed..

yeh now im ? ..

whats wrong with my post
  • CapitalB
    Options
    think about this..

they about to start prosecuting kids for fighting in middleschool..

poor black boys and girls bout to get ran through the system..
    but let me me guess “shouldnt be fighting.” right!

my ? when u hungry what are u also?!
    irritable right!?

these kids get hit wit so many obstacles amd they waitin for them to ? and soon as they do theygood as gone..
    these muthafuckas know what they doin..

amd u smarty art ass ? know too but to sit here and try and place blame or judge.. man thats some ? ? ? ..

my ? soon as u get a record u as good as done..

u black.. u a male.. and u got a record all before u hit highschool “but” they suppose to know better!!? smmfh

FOH wit that ? ..
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stats don't lie and stats record black people doing a disproportionate amount of crime which only fuels greater police presence and pressure on our communities which then in turn adds more to those stats which justifies the greater police pressure which keeps the cycle rolling

is the bolded really true tho?

or is there already an increased police presence that seems to find more black people who commit crime?

looking at stats from the drug war, technically there are more white drug users and dealers just by increased population numbers vs. black folks

why aren't those same numbers reflected in the prison population?

are u really suggesting that black people as a whole commit more crime for the 13% black free population to justify the 50% black confined population?

Black people do the most crime but that only means we get caught and convicted more Maybe whites do sell and use more drugs. They are the largest population so that assumption would make sense HOWEVER since they don't get caught and convicted as much we can never really know WHICH race is actually doing more crime. We can only know who gets caught more, Stats reflect who is getting caught not who is actually doing more crime

Why don't whites get caught as much??? because the police don't scrutinize them as much..... why??? because those communities don't give them as much reason to. white people sell and use drugs but they don't turn their neighborhoods into shooting galleries in other words it's the concentration of murders and violence in black communities that draw increased police pressure which leads to higher rates of imprisonment. On top of that black people are stigmatized as criminals always have been but today we play into the stigmatization our youth fuels this native image by their violent stupid behavior.

One of the most violent groups in America is probably outlaw bikers, these are mostly white male gangs but outlaw bikers don't murder or assault nearly as much people as gangsta disciples, vice lords or the various blood and Crip organizations,

it's hard to believe the bolded when majority of the offenses cats are locked up for are nonviolent drug crimes

white people do sell and use drugs more..........but police presence isn't in their neighborhood at the same rates as black neighborhoods.........yet u are naive enough to really think that black folks are not targeted for other reasons

SMH @ u thinking it's just cuz black people are more violent

there are too many instances where white people have been violent and those same white folks have been treated better than black folks when being arrested, tried and sentenced

the Bureau of Prisons shows as of 25 Nov 17 that majority of folks in prison are there for drugs..........all the other crimes are broken out and don't even compare in number to say police only care about violent crime

https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_offenses.jsp

this chart below shows that currently the incarcerated population is almost 40% black even tho if u look at latest census as of 2010 black people are only approximately 12% - 14% of the entire US population

https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_race.jsp

even if u reasonably consider a pretty big margin of error in those stats, there is no way u can't be alarmed at a 40% prison population coming from a 12-14% overall population

at some point the numbers have got to make u realize something is wrong
  • aneed123
    Options

so what do i do!!?

first post aneed..

yeh now im ? ..

whats wrong with my post

cause hindsiight is 20/20

u made it out thats fine and dandy..
    but we go sir here and act like by the time a nogga figures this out it aint already too late??

i mean yeh ? is fuckups.. but so is everybody else.

BUT WR’RE TARGETED..
    i dont think u ? truly grasp the weight of that ? ..

blak was jus postin about it on this very page..

everybody does crime..
    muthafuckas is literally gettin rich sellin weed now and ? still sittin in jail for it..
    Hugh Hefner PimPd and Pandered into his fortune..

we aint doin ? nobody else is doin but we persecuted and prosecuted for it..

so lets jus call it what the ? it is..
    its illegal to be black..

white kid steals they call his parents he gets picked up from the store.. black kid goin in the back of a police car goin to the station gettin fingerprinted and picture taken..

why is that? to get him in the system..

i reconditioned the way i think on my own..
    i realize my reality at the time was built on a lie.. i wanted to be mad at my mom but how could i be mad at her and not my grandmother for raisin her like that?? and hell if imma be mad at her then i gotta be mad at my great grandma..

they can only teach what they know..

u ? is outside lookin in castin judgement and that ? irks me..

u dont realize ur poor til ur around an environment that isnt..

u said it, the game is ? rigged.. aint no but aftet that unless its “but i made it”
    ill congratulate a ? who made it but ull never see me admonish someone for failing when the system IS DESIGNED for them to do jus that.

u ? come off as real gumps when topics like this arise..

i hear u. but at the end of the day if u make a choice to do something and get caught u gotta accept responsibility and eat the consequences... u cant blame
  • 7figz
    Options

so what do i do!!?

first post aneed..

yeh now im ? ..

whats wrong with my post

but we go sir here and act like by the time a nogga figures this out it aint already too late??

BUT WR’RE TARGETED..

everybody does crime..
    muthafuckas is literally gettin rich sellin weed now and ? still sittin in jail for it..

white kid steals they call his parents he gets picked up from the store.. black kid goin in the back of a police car goin to the station gettin fingerprinted and picture taken..

i realize my reality at the time was built on a lie.. i wanted to be mad at my mom but how could i be mad at her and not my grandmother for raisin her like that?? and hell if imma be mad at her then i gotta be mad at my great grandma..

u said it, the game is ? rigged.. aint no but aftet that unless its “but i made it”
    ill congratulate a ? who made it but ull never see me admonish someone for failing when the system IS DESIGNED for them to do jus that.

i hear u. but at the end of the day if u make a choice to do something and get caught u gotta accept responsibility and eat the consequences... u cant blame

Bruh, MFs just explained the last 2 pages for you and you still on the same ? . Even you partially explained the ? in your own post. You sayin the system is "rigged", how the ? can you not hold also hold it accountable ? smh - lost cause.
  • CapitalB
    Options

so what do i do!!?

first post aneed..

yeh now im ? ..

whats wrong with my post

BUT WR’RE TARGETED..

everybody does crime..

system purposely starves u..
    some will die slow..
    others will steal food..

yo dyin slow ass in here is callin those who dare wanna eat a thief..

“yeh they starvin u but stealin is bad” ass ? ..

we thieves but meanwhile they GIVIN FOOD AWAY to every other ethnic group..

shame on us right!!?
    we the criminal in this equation correct??
  • CapitalB
    Options
    “u got a choice to sit here and starve like the rest of us.” ass ?
  • CapitalB
    edited December 2017
    Options
    and this what makes Denzel a cold piece of ? work..

wouldnt nobody play the lotto if there was never a winner..
    same wit successful black people..
    if not for ? like Denzel we as a people wouldve said “? the system!” long time ago

the reason he’s ? winnin is so the rest will starve and “feed” off hope..

so this ? is a “selected” muthafucka wit nerve to fix his ? mouth about the rejected-dejected.

some ? nerve.
    i they could starve every last single one of us and get away wit it his ? ass would be right wit everyone he calls himself bein critical of..

he’s part of the ? problem.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's why you teach your kids about life... It starts at home.

Y'all explain 360 reasons why you need to keep your kids on the straight and narrow. Teach them about being a good person. Teach them about consequences. Teach them about how life isn't fair.