Jeezy - Pressure Official Album Discussion 12/15

Options

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Church in these streets was forced, a terrible theme and a bad album all around. ? that and trap or die 3. His post prime starts at 103, He gave away 2 to 3 albums in the form of mixtapes before 103. He also did his thing on it’s tha world, which is better than both post seen It all albums.

Seen it all is the best thing since 103.

The first it’s tha world was cool too.

Politically correct should have been the theme album not church in these streets lol.

Lost Souls, holy water, scared of the dark, j bo, no other way, title track, I feel ya, ?

Nah he did his thing on church in these streets
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Church in these streets was forced, a terrible theme and a bad album all around. ? that and trap or die 3. His post prime starts at 103, He gave away 2 to 3 albums in the form of mixtapes before 103. He also did his thing on it’s tha world, which is better than both post seen It all albums.

Politically correct should have been the theme album not church in these streets lol.

Lost Souls, holy water, scared of the dark, j bo, no other way, title track, I feel ya, ?

Add Sweet Life, Grind State, New Clothes, Gold Bottles was straight, as well as Hustlaz Holiday.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Add Sweet Life, Grind State, New Clothes, Gold Bottles was straight, as well as Hustlaz Holiday.

Aight now ? .......
  • Lefty_
    Options

Facts. The skippables were just too much for me, and the theme wasn't executed. And ? the title track. Sounds like he did it because he needed a title track.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Aight now ? .......

Different strokes...
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOVE the video....BUT that beat isn’t for Jeezy. That’s where he keep missing it, he’s doing these off brand beats that make his flow seem choppy and his simplistic lyrics seem dull. What we’ve love about Jeezy is his ability to create visuals without having to oversaturate the music with words. It’s always been clean crisp lyrics that everyone could resonate with mixed into a beat that stayed in the background. Lately his beats been overshadowing his lyrics, perfect example this song right here. A Zaytoven beat would’ve killed this concept of black luxury and hoes because it would’ve been a smooth trap beat with piano keys dancing throughout.

Jeezy’s new team keep dropping the ball because they tryna reinvent the sound he help create BUT he doesn’t have too, just mature his lyrics to exhibit his growth. One thing Joe was right about is that his fan base gonna ride with him regardless but secretly we still playing TM 101 over everything lol

P.S.
    Woman’s POV: GOT DAMN, that weightloss is the best thing that every happened to my chocolate zaddy :p<3
  • jazzybella
    Options

Aight now ? .......

Hustle Holiday and Sweet Life were good. JBO and scared of the dark could’ve been bigger if marketed right imo
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He showed progression on the recession, he showed progression on 103. He showed progression on seen it all.

On trap or die and 101 he sounded like a run of the mill hustler, but he set himself apart because it was so authentic, on 103 he sounded like he had the squares in some og ? . on seen it all he sounded like he was reflecting after he stopped movin around, and on politically correct and the recession he was trying to make sense of the world around him and make it vibe with the world he existed in.

The best albums for homie now are going to be reflective, or one taking on a larger world view. He soundin like he tryin to make music for ? that still hop in and out of cars at hotels side streets and gas stations, he ain’t been there in a long time. He’s pretty smart when he’s not trying to purposely make stupid music.

Make an album going inside Jay Jenkins mind and have the same people around who helped on seen it all because that album had great direction. And coming from my perspective, a lot of it made sense. ? almost 40, you slowin down, slow the music up too.

? Jeezy really Needed to hear this.
    You broke his entire career down psychologically
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    jazzybella wrote: »

LOVE the video....BUT that beat isn’t for Jeezy. That’s where he keep missing it, he’s doing these off brand beats that make his flow seem choppy and his simplistic lyrics seem dull. What we’ve love about Jeezy is his ability to create visuals without having to oversaturate the music with words. It’s always been clean crisp lyrics that everyone could resonate with mixed into a beat that stayed in the background. Lately his beats been overshadowing his lyrics, perfect example this song right here. A Zaytoven beat would’ve killed this concept of black luxury and hoes because it would’ve been a smooth trap beat with piano keys dancing throughout.

Jeezy’s new team keep dropping the ball because they tryna reinvent the sound he help create BUT he doesn’t have too, just mature his lyrics to exhibit his growth. One thing Joe was right about is that his fan base gonna ride with him regardless but secretly we still playing TM 101 over everything lol

P.S.
    Woman’s POV: GOT DAMN, that weightloss is the best thing that every happened to my chocolate zaddy :p<3

You do realize he sampled Three 6's Tear Da Club Up, right? That alone makes this dope af. Not to mention him borrowing Mannie's flow from Get Ya Roll On. That's homages to a handful of our Southern GOATs. There's nothing wrong with this song and the video is equally dope.

@ the bolded, pass me whatever that is you smoking, lil mama. This is literally the least amount of words Snow has ever put in a song. Are we listening to the same thing?
  • jazzybella
    Options

P.S.

You do realize he sampled Three 6's Tear Da Club Up, right? That alone makes this dope af. Not to mention him borrowing Mannie's flow from Get Ya Roll On. That's homages to a handful of our Southern GOATs. There's nothing wrong with this song and the video is equally dope.

@ the bolded, pass me whatever that is you smoking, lil mama. This is literally the least amount of words Snow has ever put in a song. Are we listening to the same thing?

Who cares who or what he sampled, this isn’t a beat for him to rap on because he sounds stupid and forced. And if you read the bolded to comprehend and not just respond, I was saying Jeezy is known for having simple lyrics that compliment his beats. This beat with those lyrics sound dumb
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

P.S.

I thought the Get Ya Roll On Flow was dope, but NOT for the whole entire song. It should have been for the hook and then he go to his usual flow for the verse w/ maybe a switch back (to the Big Tymer flow) for a couple of bars during the verse, then switch back. It's like he needed a real producer in the studio w/ him to help him construct the song better.

Basically using that flow came off a tad bit lazy imo. Even w/ that said, I ? w/ the song.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    edited December 2017
    Options

P.S.

Who cares who or what he sampled, this isn’t a beat for him to rap on because he sounds stupid and forced. And if you read the bolded to comprehend and not just respond, I was saying Jeezy is known for having simple lyrics that compliment his beats. This beat with those lyrics sound dumb

So you mean to tell me you listened to the majority of this ? 's discography and this beat was drowning out his lyrics.

Not this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uaILz2Z7KA&amp;list=PLHaSQMpY11UKtAADCN8Hz7Nz8GqZRhhZo&amp;index=1

Or this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un0GryrRtD4&amp;index=1&amp;list=PLy2TTB4sWRULhL8LyIGLJC7qI_kJJbHoE

Or any of the other bombastic ass beats in this ? 's entire catalog?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGiGnc8l4ps&amp;index=2&amp;list=PLy2TTB4sWRULhL8LyIGLJC7qI_kJJbHoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taKDUzfRHwc&amp;index=10&amp;list=PLy2TTB4sWRULhL8LyIGLJC7qI_kJJbHoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-zaZy1d5wU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGJHM9SS3U&amp;list=PLy6AgDTVHEArzw6M9UHNRVfInVqw93ZR1&amp;index=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlXdni-yrnE&amp;list=PLy6AgDTVHEArzw6M9UHNRVfInVqw93ZR1&amp;index=4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9chJZcHU6_o&amp;index=6&amp;list=PLK7m7zzud4dWMA1VqsY2a5htRP6jkY4KN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9S-oyAvt0&amp;index=2&amp;list=PLK7m7zzud4dWMA1VqsY2a5htRP6jkY4KN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCUS3yeND9c&amp;list=PLvjKm0J6pZ66CtkXUReIcCsO9Dh-Y29g0&amp;index=5

You got it...
  • Lefty_
    Options
    I just heard that bottles up. Got the triple 6 sample with the get your roll on flow. That ? ridin too.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I actually like that Bottles Up song
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually like that Bottles Up song

I thought it was kind of an ode to the Big Tymers since he’s using the “Get your roll on” flow. He also sampled 3 6’s 97 Tear the club up....I thought the song was dope...
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yea, that bottles up song fire to me. I know that’s gone set the club off
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bottles up str8, I can see the laziness complaint but I'm all for any homage paid to the mafia
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

P.S.

Dont call women hoes
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

P.S.

i strongly disagree

that beat is classic Jeezy

paying homage to two southern legends at the same time

the tear the club up beat, and the big tymers get ya roll on flow

that ? is gonna be added to the gym playlist.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Miami always the place to go for nice visuals B)
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? wit diddy is wack and that tee grizzly track