I ? with this, this classic

My favorite movie of the year
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    When was American Terrorist 2?

Lmfao. I was just thinking the same thing, as was everyone else on Facebook.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Also, it's pretty disappointing on the first listen (as is almost everything we've heard lately), not on par with the original American Terrorist.
  • DayDay34
    DayDay34 Members Posts: 1,771
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wack beat. The song could be a 100 times better on a better beat. Overall it's just aight.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i guess i'm the only person who liked it *shrugs
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    this ? is dope.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    vocally and lyrically this sounds like good ol' lupe. but the beat is still on some techno-ish sound. im not sayin his songs all have to have a boom-bap type of beat to be 'real hip-hop' but come on man, he's at least gotta get some beats like fnl and the cool had
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I ? with it..... mostly cause drive my favorite movie this year

the soundtrack is dope as hell btw
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The original is better, but I ? with drive.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I ? with it..... mostly cause drive my favorite movie this year

the soundtrack is dope as hell btw
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    The original is better, but I ? with drive.

lol thats the reason why I like it
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    vocally and lyrically this sounds like good ol' lupe. but the beat is still on some techno-ish sound. im not sayin his songs all have to have a boom-bap type of beat to be 'real hip-hop' but come on man, he's at least gotta get some beats like fnl and the cool had

the beat was nowhere near techno-ish
    this song was dope.
  • RebelliousIntrovert
    RebelliousIntrovert Members Posts: 214
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Unless I've drastically missed something, I don't know how this is American Terrorist III, because I don't remember a Part II, but you know how Part I was, simply amazing, & this is no different. Do like Lupe said on American Terrorist I "close your mind, close eyes, see with your heart".
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    SMH this ? is grabage... Im sick and tired of hearing corny sounding Euro Electronic beats in hiphop get the ? outta here with that ? .
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Like I said in the other thread... this beat is ? terrible... sick and tired of the euro electronic sound ? up the instrumentals to hiphop songs.
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Again lyrical content is 10/10, beat selection is so poor, I will prolly never listen to it again.

He needs to get wit Jake One, 9th.....even Just Blaze.......? it even J.Cole could give the ? a niggaified beat.

This ? is wack.
  • MysticBoy
    MysticBoy Members Posts: 793 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol @ niggafied...
  • RebelliousIntrovert
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1st poster, such an introspective point of view..glad you came in & clicked & listened, your parents would be so proud, ummmm YEA.....anyway.

I have no idea why Lupe keeps using these types of beat, & rapping over techno beats, but I did like the fact he laced that M83-Midnight City beat, is it because he fell out with Pro, either way, yea he should get with Jake-1, or even Statik Selektah, cuz this isn't gonna work for F&L 2, but yea the lyrics are on point, as expected.
  • Ghastly
    Ghastly Members Posts: 121
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Man, it's so sad to hear Lupe on this... Food & Liquor and The Cool is what inspired me to pick up the mic... Smfh Lupe, it's cool, like Jay-Z said, "If you want the old Hov back buy my old album" or some ? like that, .... so... Thanks for F&L & The Cool, Lupe.

This is a product of F&L & The Cool (forward to 0:41 - 1:31 in this song) --> http://soundcloud.com/asfsage/kitchen-knife-ft-lysick
  • Silverfoxxx
    Silverfoxxx Members Posts: 1,066
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The beat is not that bad, but he needs to stop with the beat selection. The song is not bad but he can't really believe that people are feeling is techno side. Interesting line in the song was he said he is going back underground so hopefully that's a good sign of vintage Lupe
  • RebelliousIntrovert
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The beat is not that bad, but he needs to stop with the beat selection. The song is not bad but he can't really believe that people are feeling is techno side. Interesting line in the song was he said he is going back underground so hopefully that's a good sign of vintage Lupe

Word, he hinted at that around the time L.A.S.E.R.S. dropped also, so hopefully.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lupe X Kanye beats=Classic
  • Silverfoxxx
    Silverfoxxx Members Posts: 1,066
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Word, he hinted at that around the time L.A.S.E.R.S. dropped also, so hopefully.

Yea maybe he is doing this techno shot on purpose just to drop s bomb on us randomly like he did with SLR. I really hope FnL 2 will have everything including the poetry intro, matthew Santos, pooh bear, the singing soul chick, hopefully new characters or maybe the return of Micahel young history, Kayne or Nas track, jay electronica collab, more soul meaning soundtrakk production .... Please Lupe make YOUR REAL FANS PROUD!!
  • RebelliousIntrovert
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yea maybe he is doing this techno shot on purpose just to drop s bomb on us randomly like he did with SLR. I really hope FnL 2 will have everything including the poetry intro, matthew Santos, pooh bear, the singing soul chick, hopefully new characters or maybe the return of Micahel young history, Kayne or Nas track, jay electronica collab, more soul meaning soundtrakk production .... Please Lupe make YOUR REAL FANS PROUD!!

Man that'd be amazing, but he got rid of everyone from 1st & 15th except for Sarah Greene aka "the singing chick", Lol. I really liked Matthew Santos though, I remember me & my friends thought he was some Arabic refugee that had this long beard, & looked like a gypsy, then we saw him & he this clean cut white boy & we were like WTF?