Lupe Fiasco=Future G.O.A.T.??

Options

Comments

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    DayDay34 wrote: »
    lupe the killer, theme music to a drive to.......to lasers. lmao.
    co-sign....those are two tracks I'd bump repeatedly on my ipod....how the ? you go from dropping ? like that to whatever you call that ? on "Lasers"...the idiot blamed the label, but I have a feeling this ? was in a comfort zone when releasing that wack ? . "Lasers" only had 3 dope songs, "All black everything", "I'm beamin" and "Shining Down"...
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lupes Lasers a WOAT nerd rap
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    funny

however i can stomach lu's rants more so than kanye's diva antics...
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    M not a fan of the synthy foreign beats but its not like using weird beats is a new concept to lupe or his fans. The cool and f&l weren't filled with boom bap beats and heavy soul samples yet people still love it.

If jay z can use the song from annie and people nuthug that, or kanye can use daft punk and get away with it, why can't lupe think outside the box.

Truthfully his new stuff ain't appealing to my ear but I just deal with it.

Enemy of the state was cool because he rapped on "hiphop" beats, but this is still cool too even if the beat isn't normal. I do think his flow has fell off though or like he tries to hard to be different at times.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    this ? to whiny
  • RebelliousIntrovert
    RebelliousIntrovert Members Posts: 214
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lol, fans are so ? fickle, dude gives you 2 classic albums, a plethora of solid, dope mixtapes from past & present, & this is what people think? Like I've said before, Lupe's MESSAGE in his music has never changed, beats changed, other things have changed, but the message, flow, lyrics, delivery are still VERY VERY present. The real reason he was ? is because DDot brought up his OCD in order to get his attention & talk down on him, if you remember, DDot is the same ? who snuck into the WTT recording party, video'd parts of it, & threw it on the internet. I can see if some of this was constructive criticism, but it's just opinion.

Also there are waaay much more posts than this, him & DDot went back & forth for quite a while earlier today.
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    is lupe basically canibus 2.0?
  • DayDay34
    DayDay34 Members Posts: 1,771
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    co-sign....those are two tracks I'd bump repeatedly on my ipod....how the ? you go from dropping ? like that to whatever you call that ? on "Lasers"...the idiot blamed the label, but I have a feeling this ? was in a comfort zone when releasing that wack ? . "Lasers" only had 3 dope songs, "All black everything", "I'm beamin" and "Shining Down"...

lupe is done. ? is lost now. ? needs to get gemini and the crew back together. lol at him lying to his 1st and 15 crew.
  • dizzmatic89
    dizzmatic89 Members Posts: 721
    edited December 2011
    Options
    knights wrote: »
    If he really thinks his new ? is hot as his old stuff, there's no need to even tweet him. Delusion of that level can only be helped with antipsychotics.

co-sign, that ? is on some other ? ...SMH @ me thinking he was going to be one of the greatest
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lol, fans are so ? fickle, dude gives you 2 classic albums, a plethora of solid, dope mixtapes from past & present, & this is what people think? Like I've said before, Lupe's MESSAGE in his music has never changed, beats changed, other things have changed, but the message, flow, lyrics, delivery are still VERY VERY present. The real reason he was ? is because DDot brought up his OCD in order to get his attention & talk down on him, if you remember, DDot is the same ? who snuck into the WTT recording party, video'd parts of it, & threw it on the internet. I can see if some of this was constructive criticism, but it's just opinion.

Also there are waaay much more posts than this, him & DDot went back & forth for quite a while earlier today.

Co-sign...? in here are fickle as ? .

You talking about the same D Dot that use to roll with Diddy and produced this?
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lyrically Lupe hasn't changed, the production he's using now is so drastically different that it's alienating his fans that have been down for him since the beginning. He's still one of my favorites but I'd be lying if I said that any of his new stuff compares to Emperor's Soundtrack or Failure. Then again he's much more socially conscious with his music which might explain why he's switched to music that would get more play globally rather than just nationally

To say he fell off though? When you're trying to top The Cool and Food and Liquor you're bound to come up short more often than not
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options

Listen, ? all of that. His new ? is far far below quality than what it used to be. Fans are fickle, true, but you can't throw that card here. He had a spark when he started but now he's just garbage.

But I don't get pleasure out of hating on him. If he were to drop some classic ? tomorrow, I'd literally put my foot in my mouth.
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lyrically Lupe hasn't changed, the production he's using now is so drastically different that it's alienating his fans that have been down for him since the beginning. He's still one of my favorites but I'd be lying if I said that any of his new stuff compares to Emperor's Soundtrack or Failure. Then again he's much more socially conscious with his music which might explain why he's switched to music that would get more play globally rather than just nationally

To say he fell off though? When you're trying to top The Cool and Food and Liquor you're bound to come up short more often than not

Yeah but Lasers is a HUGE departure, no excuses. I don't understand why Lupe gets such a pass now. The man fell off something serious, I'm sorry.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ktulu a big nose jew made this thread
  • RebelliousIntrovert
    RebelliousIntrovert Members Posts: 214
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Co-sign...? in here are fickle as ? .

You talking about the same D Dot that use to roll with Diddy and produced this?

Nah, you're talking about DDot Angelette or whatever, this dude is just some fickle, corny ass blogger type guy.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I like his music,but homie is looking wack out here.Only clowns argue on twitter.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ktulu a big nose jew made this thread

• supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yeah but Lasers is a HUGE departure, no excuses. I don't understand why Lupe gets such a pass now. The man fell off something serious, I'm sorry.

I like Lasers, you can't name too many albums within this decade that deal with the content that he put on that album he's talking about real stuff, I have admitted that the production has had to grow on me but i don't understand how you can say somebody's fell off just because they're doing something different musically

you don't like it that don't mean they fell off just means you're not feeling their new stuff
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol@ Lupe having any classic albums right now.
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I like Lasers, you can't name too many albums within this decade that deal with the content that he put on that album he's talking about real stuff, I have admitted that the production has had to grow on me but i don't understand how you can say somebody's fell off just because they're doing something different musically

you don't like it that don't mean they fell off just means you're not feeling their new stuff

When I say someone fell off, I mean they went from being dope to wack, which is what Lupe is bordering on right now...wackness.

His content has always been off the chain, but before he was able to make great concious music that had great quality. Now he's making wack songs with Trey Songz. Smh

People can evolve musically, I always support that. But if you evolve then your albums must still maintain the same level of quality, or better. Take Kanye for instance, none of his albums sound similar, but he always puts out quality ? , and he is one of the most diverse artists ever in the genre

Lasers is no where near The Cool, or even Food and Liquor. The Cool, for instance, sounds a lot different than Food and Liquor, but it was still dope as ? . One of my favorite albums ever. I just don't see how people can co-sign Lupe or give him a pass at this point. There's no excuses for why Lasers was so bad. I understand the label situation, but The Cool came out in what, 07? You mean to tell me he couldn't make a great album while still satisfying label demands in that time period?

I used to be like some of the fans, finding all types of excuses for him, because I honestly believed he was the truth, my favorite rapper at some point. But I just can't co-sign his post-Empire ? . It has been terrible IMO, and that includes that new Friend of the People mixtape
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    lol@ Lupe having any classic albums right now.

*I've never listened to a Lupe album* post
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This ? said dubstep is king....
  • narkotikbeats
    narkotikbeats Members Posts: 13
    edited December 2011
    Options
    his new tape had a couple ok songs on it..but idk y ppl ride dudes ? so ? hard
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If he acted like everyone else it would be boring. Who cares? I care bout the music and hoping he releases another classic.
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited December 2011
    Options
    his new tape had a couple ok songs on it..but idk y ppl ride dudes ? so ? hard

Listen to his first two albums and his pre f and L stuff and you would see.