Options

Comments

• UK.HIPHOP
    UK.HIPHOP Members Posts: 76
    edited March 2010
    Options
    not feeling lupe

he's not wack by any means

buti dnt ? with his style, he is 1 of those guys that tries too hard 2 sound intelligent, i would rather listen to cube,styles p, scarface, pac, those type of rappers,

who are conscious, but yet at the same time are not condescending
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i really dont get why cats act like lupe spitting quantum physics...i understand everything the boy spits...some ? hot some ? is not...imo lupe just missing a certain something to be a superstar...he's the new nas
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I gotta disagree with t/s Lupe's beat selection isn't that bad, he do be picking some rock/pop type beats but overall it doesn't take away from his amazing lyrics and flow on tracks. If anything I would say it shows his skills even more that he can spit over any type of beat. I also notice that the whackest rappers have the best type of beat selection, because they lack any real lyrical skill so they hide behind good beats for ? to play their music.
  • UK.HIPHOP
    UK.HIPHOP Members Posts: 76
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i really dont get why cats act like lupe spitting quantum physics...i understand everything the boy spits...some ? hot some ? is not...imo lupe just missing a certain something to be a superstar...he's the new nas

Nas is in a different league 2 lupe
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited March 2010
    Options
    some of the beats on F&L were wack...but not all

the cool had top notch production imo, and overall that is why it's a better album for me
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    UK.HIPHOP wrote: »
    Nas is in a different league 2 lupe

u think so?
  • paper_boy
    paper_boy Members Posts: 165
    edited March 2010
    Options
    y do ppl think beats make a rapper now a days f&l had some crazy beats same with the cool but f&l was better overall
  • You Mad
    You Mad Members Posts: 234
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't like Lupe's beat selection either. I thought F&L had better production than The Cool. I agree that this is holding him back from the next level. Anyone who says Lupe can't rhyme is straight hating. I understand if you don't feel his style, but lyrically, not many are ? with him right now.

P.S. What the ? happened to Just Blaze? Has he been doing anything lately? I feel like I haven't heard anything from him in a minute.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You Mad wrote: »
    I don't like Lupe's beat selection either. I thought F&L had better production than The Cool. I agree that this is holding him back from the next level. Anyone who says Lupe can't rhyme is straight hating. I understand if you don't feel his style, but lyrically, not many are ? with him right now.

P.S. What the ? happened to Just Blaze? Has he been doing anything lately? I feel like I haven't heard anything from him in a minute.[/QUOTE]

Making beats to ? who ain't never gonna blow up (Saigon, Jay Electronica).
  • InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He Stopped ? With Prolyfic Right After Food And Liquor...And No I Dont Think Hes Beats Are Whats Holding Him Back From THe Next Level..I Think He Is Next Level And People Just Havent Caught Up.....Why Get Beats From J Blaze Ye Or No ID WHen You Have Very Talented In House Producer Who Caters To His Sound And Most Likely Doesnt Charge Ridicolous Prices For His Instrumentals... The Fact Is Lupe Is Creating His Own Lane And His Own Sound....? Just Need To Smarten Up

c/s

lupe is well known.. he just got his own style
  • You Mad
    You Mad Members Posts: 234
    edited March 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

Making beats to ? who ain't never gonna blow up (Saigon, Jay Electronica).

Are they nice beats though? I might have to check out Saigon and Jay Electronica. I've heard only good things about Jay.
  • usmarin3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Are they nice beats though? I might have to check out Saigon and Jay Electronica. I've heard only good things about Jay.

yeah, dope beats. Check out Exhibit C and Can't believe it
  • jonoaries
    jonoaries Members Posts: 183
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lupe's beats arent all that bad his lyrics help them alot (like Nas) the beat just needs to fit his voice and lyrics thats it.
    Nas ? fits Nas, Lupe's ? fits Lupe.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

P.S. What the ? happened to Just Blaze? Has he been doing anything lately? I feel like I haven't heard anything from him in a minute.

He did Jay Electronica Exhibit C beat
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lupe's new album is supposed to have 2 Neptunes tracks and Danja Handz is reportedly doing a good bit of the album as well. IMO, that's a great combination especially if he's gotten some of Danja's more anthemic beats.
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i dont know what it is about Lupe but i cant really get into dudes music all that much, and i'm def a lyrics guy, and he's got mad skill

I think what it is is that i just dont hear a lot of emotion or hunger in his voice/songs.

After listening i just kind of thinking ok here is a robot that can rap his ass off. If he woulda came out when i was younger i'm sure i'd be a much bigger fan.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    His subject matter is keeping him from reaching the next level.
  • usmarin3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    i dont know what it is about Lupe but i cant really get into dudes music all that much, and i'm def a lyrics guy, and he's got mad skill

I think what it is is that i just dont hear a lot of emotion or hunger in his voice/songs.

After listening i just kind of thinking ok here is a robot that can rap his ass off. If he woulda came out when i was younger i'm sure i'd be a much bigger fan.

His music is a lil robotic and doesn't seem personable.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Food & Liquor had decent production perfectly matched with Lupe's style. The Cool was pretty inconsistent in production department. I wish his beats would sound more hip-hop (aka Premo or Buckwild style). He would rip this ? .
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lupe can spit but he laccs charisma and swag some times
    His beats are ok for the most part but he do need better beats
    cant believe dudes say he go be the new Nas
    dude lyrics>>>>Nas'
    He just need to get better beats and put more expression in his music
    dude rap like he half computer or something
    a few good features wouldnt ? him either
    another Jay feature, Bun B, Kanye, and maybe Drake
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? rhyming on those bland ass beats, who the ? do he think he is, Nas. Dude needs to stop ? with Prolyfic, Soundtrakk, etc; them ? remind me of Salaam Remi (hit or miss, more miss). You hear how dope dude sounds on other peoples beats, or should i say dope/great producers beats (No i.d., Kanye, Just Blaze,Ski,etc). Dude will never be nothing more than a midlevel rapper success wise if he continues down this path, dude needs to expand his sound. Lyrics is only one aspect of being a dope mc, if you have ? production you are essentially one of those poetry slam ? to me.
    i agree with err word of dis post, cept da nasir part.....
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    better beats=more money which Lupe may not have,or be willing to spend along with the label
  • ItzGravitation
    edited March 2010
    Options

u musta missed the memo that hes producing 6-7 tracks (or maybe even more at this point) for Eminem's Relapse 2.

lol this might be the most ridiculous statement ever, depending on how u meant it. what about his subject matter, specifically, keeps him from reaching the next level?

because if anything, his subject matter is what separates him from everyone else. content wise, hes covered more ground in 2 albums than 99% of the mainstream rappers today or of yester-year EVER will.

everybody cant relate to robots, skateboasrds, and anime
  • ItzGravitation
    edited March 2010
    Options

and in contrast......everybody cant relate to selling dope, ? all the "bad ? " and gettin more money than they can count and blowing it all on clothes or the bar.

u just pretty much told me that you aint listening to dude. hes probably rapped about those things on one or two songs a piece; daydreamin, kick push (and kick push 2), and spray paint and ink pens.

everything else is more or less a narrative of urban life, the plight of urban youth and social narrative....which is why hes able to talk about drug dealers, ? , immigration, the threat of fast food, the love for hip hop, child soldiers and more ALL on the same album.

i'm currently listening to The Cool
    He raps about them on more than one or two songs
    its also the swag he got
    he's almost swaggerles
    he dope but he really need better beats and ? ppl can relate to more