2Pac or Jay Z? (Better Catalog)

Options

Comments

• Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't know why people hate jay z, and treat tupac like he was the son of ? .

We dont hate Jay,the problem is that the media(mtv,bet etc) try to fool the masses that Jay is GOAT which is blatantly false...this ? gets shoved down our throats..If you analyse Jay's catalogue in close proximity u'll realise that he's not as talented as the media lets us believe...Pac dropped 5 records in 5 years(3 classics & 2 dope Albums) like Gee said, if Pac had lived Jay wud hav been non-existent. Pac is the Jordan of this rap game while Jay is Olajuwon. Havin said that 7 day theory,2pacalypse,Aeom>>>>Jay.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Hail Mary> DP2(an thats my fav jigga song)

If we're talking about vids, "Hail Mary" wins hands down because it was eerie as ? ....but DP & DP2 takes a diarrhea ? over "Hail Mary". Pac had more substance but Jay would rap circles around him without breaking a sweat
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    We dont hate Jay,the problem is that the media(mtv,bet etc) try to fool the masses that Jay is GOAT which is blatantly false...this ? gets shoved down our throats..If you analyse Jay's catalogue in close proximity u'll realise that he's not as talented as the media lets us believe...Pac dropped 5 records in 5 years(3 classics & 2 dope Albums) like Gee said, if Pac had lived Jay wud hav been non-existent. Pac is the Jordan of this rap game while Jay is Olajuwon. Havin said that 7 day theory,2pacalypse,Aeom>>>>Jay.
    I respect this post I'd take MATW over any other 2pac album but that's me
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Really? ? outta here with this ? , Pac catalogue ? all over Jay ?
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

vs this

Jay Z cant even conduct an interview without being awkward and crying like a ? about "vulgarity"

Pac being the natural born leader and letting ? know how it is. not kissing ass like Jay Z does

? JAY
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    If we're talking about vids, "Hail Mary" wins hands down because it was eerie as ? ....but DP & DP2 takes a diarrhea ? over "Hail Mary". Pac had more substance but Jay would rap circles around him without breaking a sweat

The 3rd verse of dp2 is RAW......
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »

This is what goggles me when ? go crazy over Pac. Lyrically, he was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below so many damn rappers out during his time....
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Jay Z, by a lil' bit.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jonathand wrote: »
    This is what goggles me when ? go crazy over Pac. Lyrically, he was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below so many damn rappers out during his time....

But fam, not alot of rappers could see his all around game till this day
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I respect this post I'd take MATW over any other 2pac album but that's me

MATW wuz my favorite Pac record until 7 Day theory dropped. That record gives me the chills & makes me fight back tears everytime i bump it... Whitemanz world,Blasphemy,Hail Mary,against all odds,Me & my Girlfriend,Krazy are Imo one of the most deepest,Creative & Greatest joints ever recorded in Hiphop
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That record gives me the chills & makes me fight back tears everytime i bump it...

? please...
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    MATW wuz my favorite Pac record until 7 Day theory dropped. That record gives me the chills & makes me fight back tears everytime i bump it... Whitemanz world,Blasphemy,Hail Mary,against all odds,Me & my Girlfriend,Krazy are Imo one of the most deepest,Creative & Greatest joints ever recorded in Hiphop

I like makeveli but there's too much ? talking on that album. I have to be ? or INa certain mindframe to bump that album.
    MATW I can pop that ? in any time, and listen front to back. It's more focused IMO
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? please...

Lol........
  • locksmith1
    locksmith1 Members Posts: 293
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LoL @ the voting ballot. Jayz losing by a landslide. The Camel will never win in IC.
    L
    Anyway, my voting goes to Jayz. Reasonable Doubt is better than any Pac's album. In My Lifetime Vol. 1 >>>>>>Makaveli.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    locksmith1 wrote: »
    LoL @ the voting ballot. Jayz losing by a landslide. The Camel will never win in IC.
    L
    Anyway, my voting goes to Jayz. Reasonable Doubt is better than any Pac's album. In My Lifetime Vol. 1 >>>>>>Makaveli.

ROFL! @ RD being better than MATW 7DT or AEOM
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pac. Pac's content was much deeper.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ROFL! @ RD being better than MATW 7DT or AEOM

RD is better then all eyz on me, arguable The makeveli album, no way it's better then mATW
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Me personally....I can only listen to certain songs from Pac where as I can listen to whole albums of Jay....
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pac easy...

Jay has some good CDs

volume 1
    RD
    the blueprint
    AG
    the black albUm
  • locksmith1
    locksmith1 Members Posts: 293
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pac content is deep, so is Jay's lyrics in Reasonable Doubt and In My Lifetime. Pac and Jay are two different emcees that took different approaches in their music. Both rappers are respectably great rappers with multiple classic albums. But who have the better catalogue ? I sticking with my opinion--Jay got the better catalogue. Jay execution on Reasonable Doubt is superior to Pac's execution on Me Against the World and Makaveli.

D'Evils, 22 twos, Regret, Dead President II , Friend or Foe, Feelin It , Bring It On, Can I Live, etc...There are too many great classic songs in Reasonable DOUBT.

In My Lifetime-- Friend or Foe 98, Imagery Player, Lucky Me, You Must Love Me, Where I From, Street is Watching, etc..

I'm sorry Pac's best albums cant touch this..
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? please...

? Please...
  • elmasduro
    elmasduro Members Posts: 319
    edited August 2010
    Options
    too many pac stans to make this thread and for the record people act like pac was selling mad records when he was alive like that sure he sold WHEN he was beefing wit other ? but WHEN he died he sold more just like big sold more WHEN he died...
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd say Jay...
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    When ? talk about Jay being a GOAT, its less to do with his MUSIC and more to do with his Business moves

all these rap ? wanna be Jay, i.e because his career is more than music

thats why i dont regard Jay as the GOAT's rapper...

however he is close to being the greatest of all times business rapper