Options
    jay the goat
    ya too dumb to pick up his double/triple entendres
    so ? outta here
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    real talk...does Jay Z has a record everyone knows and is touched by like Dear Mama? what about a anthem for the dead that ? can recite word for word like Life Goes On. What records have Jay Z went in on that gives you the chills like Only ? Can Judge Me? what about a compelling story like Teardrops and Closed Caskets? seriously what material does Jay Z have that reaches deep like these tracks?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    real talk...does Jay Z has a record everyone knows and is touched by like Dear Mama? what about a anthem for the dead that ? can recite word for word like Life Goes On. What records have Jay Z went in on that gives you the chills like Only ? Can Judge Me? what about a compelling story like Teardrops and Closed Caskets? seriously what material does Jay Z have that reaches deep like these tracks?

I don't know but your bitterness is blowing my high son
  • elmasduro
    elmasduro Members Posts: 319
    edited August 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »

i dont post in the reason high anymore son
    people like him be on some other ?
    its not worth it
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Jay has some good CDs

volume 1
    RD
    the blueprint
    AG
    the black albUm

RD was good...that's about it to me. The other ones had a few songs from each album that were good, but the albums in their entirety weren't that good.
  • tompetrez3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »

this dont have nothing to do with bitterness. this is a real discussion.
  • LifezOriginal
    LifezOriginal Members Posts: 56
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So for every Pac song on his cds ya'll dont skip the next 5? I can't believe it.

The only album Pac has that is listenable all the way through is 7 Day Theory.

Jay wins this.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    elmasduro wrote: »
    jay the goat
    ya too dumb to pick up his double/triple entendres
    so ? outta here

"We don't believe you, you need more people."
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Shed So Many Tears>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any song Jay ever made, matter fact its alot of Pac songs I can say the same thing about
  • tompetrez3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    like i said its these crackbabies from the 1990s who dont know anything about hip hop. ? just cause you on the IC and have the luxury to download songs instanly and wiki facts about Jay Z dont mean you know his catalog. what the ? does someone under 22 know about pac
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    locksmith1 wrote: »
    LoL @ the voting ballot. Jayz losing by a landslide. The Camel will never win in IC.
    L
    Anyway, my voting goes to Jayz. Reasonable Doubt is better than any Pac's album. In My Lifetime Vol. 1 >>>>>>Makaveli.

he never wins in real life neither
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Shed So Many Tears>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any song Jay ever made, matter fact its alot of Pac songs I can say the same thing about

You know I can agree with this....So Many Tears and Dear Mama are probably some of the best hip-hop songs ever....IMO....but Jay still wins this to me...
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    this dont have nothing to do with bitterness. this is a real discussion.

in every thread though, you gonna keep kicking this Jay-Z ain't ? thing until ppl start believing it too huh
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    he never wins in real life neither

He got Beyonce....hw wins at life by default...
  • locksmith1
    locksmith1 Members Posts: 293
    edited August 2010
    Options
    When ? talk about Jay being a GOAT, its less to do with his MUSIC and more to do with his Business moves

all these rap ? wanna be Jay, i.e because his career is more than music

thats why i dont regard Jay as the GOAT's rapper...

however he is close to being the greatest of all times business rapper

No, you are wrong. People give more credit to "Jayz the Rapper" not "Jayz the Famous Business Acumen" --that has a picture on Forbe's magazine. You can go to any HipHop Forums and see for yourself that are threads about Jay the Rapper not the businessman. When the last time you ever see people in a HipHop forum discussed his business moves before his skills ? People deciphered his rhymes and commented on his overall performance on each of his albums before they talk about his money and Beyonce..
  • elmasduro
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "We don't believe you, you need more people."

the prelude thread says different i know most ? here arent even too familiar with his catalogue and they aint listening with an open mind neither thats how jay stay flying over 90% of the reason come on how many here even listen to Libary Of A Legend 11 discs worth of classic songs freestyles etc.
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So for every Pac song on his cds ya'll dont skip the next 5? I can't believe it.

The only album Pac has that is listenable all the way through is 7 Day Theory.

Jay wins this.

i dont skip one song on MATW..classic

All Eyes On Me i only ever skipped one song...Whats ya phone number, the beat was wack and i didnt like the way pac flowed on it...

Makaveli album is my fav album, never skipped a song

his earlier stuff i did skip songs

i tend to skip on alot of jays songs, most of his catalogue has many turds...i find jays best songs are the ones which blaze produced...
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited August 2010
    Options
    fuuk this thread if pac was alive j would not have a catolgue he'd have 1 mayb 2 albumz & im bein NYCE!
    brazilblur wrote: »
    i guess too each his own... but
    G-UNIt in its prime is better then the outlaws IMO
    you got banks, buck and 50, hell even alot of GAMES best work was under G-UNIT

stupid white gurl shut ya YUNG faceless scary azz up da gggay-unit aint got ? on da outlawz wit pac & yak!
  • tompetrez3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Fake ass Jay Z fans. U ? was 5 or 6 when RD dropped. GTFOH with all that lifetime fan ? . SMH @ Library of a Legend bootlegging ? never bought a Jay Z album.

*waiting for the first 90s crackbaby to come in here and say "Yeah I went to go cop that RD the first day it came out after my mom picked me up from Preschool"
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lmao how does one ? rapping (without physical prompting) stop another ? from rapping and making music... that ? don't make any sense whats so ever...
  • elmasduro
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ooooooooooweeeeeeeee haters out here in full effect
    yea boy!
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Fake ass Jay Z fans. U ? was 5 or 6 when RD dropped. GTFOH with all that lifetime fan ? . SMH @ Library of a Legend bootlegging ? never bought a Jay Z album.

*waiting for the first 90s crackbaby to come in here and say "Yeah I went to go cop that RD the first day it came out after my mom picked me up from Preschool"

I was twelve, I remember hearing some of the songs being played in cars and boxes
  • tompetrez3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    t. webb wrote: »
    He got Beyonce....hw wins at life by default...

MH, Usher, Darius Miles, Nas, Kobe, Nelly, Jagged Edge, Mos Def, Mekhi Phifer been stretched that ? out before Jay Z put his cape on and saved her
  • thesynthesis
    edited August 2010
    Options
    locksmith1 wrote: »
    No, you are wrong. People give more credit to "Jayz the Rapper" not "Jayz the Famous Business Acumen" --that has a picture on Forbe's magazine. You can go to any HipHop Forums and see for yourself that are threads about Jay the Rapper not the businessman. When the last time you ever see people in a HipHop forum discussed his business moves before his skills ? People deciphered his rhymes and commented on his overall performance on each of his albums before they talk about his money and Beyonce..

i give credit to jay fr making these ? want more than a rap career.....but at the same time thats the only real GREAT thing he's given to the game..musically he might have made ? wanna spit over hotter beats, but overall he'll never be considered the GOAT's by the majority....pac ran away with that tile...maybe some ? will come along in 20 years to take it off pac

If jay had retired after the black album, his legacy for the throne would be very strong, but he came dropped average ass music, a shadow of his former self...which is sad

musically as an artist nas>jay

and i'm not even going to bring up how beyonce did wonders for his profile...
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    fuuk this thread if pac was alive j would not have a catolgue he'd have 1 mayb 2 albumz & im bein NYCE!

stupid white gurl shut ya YUNG faceless scary azz up da gggay-unit aint got ? on da outlawz wit pac & yak![/QUOTE]

lmao............