Allen Iverson

Options

Comments

• Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Iverson had stackhouse,Tim thomas,larry hughes they were all top 10 picks who were hyped outta college they never became the key piece.Eventually he got Igoudougla,webber then had melo

Him and stackhouse got into a fight his rookie year

Cant front that iverson crossover on jordan used to burn my soul cuz he crossed mike ugly but a 35 year old Iverson couldnt stick a 22 year old Derrick rose same thing wit mj and iverson mike was 34 and iverson was 21

But he did get him,It was still good D by mike but iverson was way to fast
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »
    I think the way Iverson ended his career opened him up to more criticism than he deserved....granted he was stubborn but I don't understand how ppl say he's a ballhog and not a winner but nobody can agree that he never had complimentary player night in and night out who can pick up his slack....

Jordan had Pippen
    Kobe has Gasol
    Wade about to have LeBron

Who did Iverson have????

Its unfair to argue that Kobe and LeBron didn't have a "sidekick" and thats why they never won, but nobody wanna argue in Iversons case smh.....

Iverson could co-exist with another scorer.. he preferred people with out and ego.. He had 3 point shooters.. rebounders.. defenders.. a team of hustlers.. so he could do his thing. And coaches who loved him and put up with him to a fault..

They say he is influential.. but his major influences.. were

his tats.. although he wasnt first..
    his braids.. ..
    his "rapper" eque i dont give a ? perception..
    His sleeve..
    Most definitely his crossover..
    He inspired many people short as hell to think they are him and dribble the ball around aimlessly and go to the hole and get blocked.. because they werent Ai
    He brough hiphop to the game in a bold way.. by his brashness and streetball style
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Iverson was the type dude the only way he was going to win was him being THE GUY and a bunch of bench players

he went to Denver w/ Melo and they got bounced 1st round both years am I right?
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Iverson had stackhouse,Tim thomas,larry hughes they were all top 10 picks who were hyped outta college they never became the key piece.Eventually he got Igoudougla,webber then had melo

Him and stackhouse got into a fight his rookie year

Cant front that iverson crossover on jordan used to burn my soul cuz he crossed mike ugly but a 35 year old Iverson couldnt stick a 22 year old Derrick rose same thing wit mj and iverson mike was 34 and iverson was 21

But he did get him,It was still good D by mike but iverson was way to fast

Stackhouse, Tim Thomas, and Larry Hughes proved even after playing with Iverson that they werent "sidekick" material

Melo, while still a great player, has shown several lapses in maturity and has yet to evolve as an all around player...

Its not Iversons fault.... ppl gotta look at the bigger picture....can we really say Iverson had a true great complimentary player??
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I disagree stackhouse put up good numbers while being a 'sidekick' to grant hill

They tried to help Iverson its not like he never had nothin.You cant compare every sidekick to havin help like Shaq,kobe,gasol or pippen some people were perfect for their roles
  • yroholla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I disagree stackhouse put up good numbers while being a 'sidekick' to grant hill

They tried to help Iverson its not like he never had nothin.You cant compare every sidekick to havin help like Shaq,kobe,gasol or pippen some people were perfect for their roles

Despite how well you think Stackhouse played, truth is they never made it far in the playoffs....even missed the playoffs when he scored his career best lol...he never shot particularly well from the field... funny how u say he put up good numbers shootin like 40% from the field but Kobe's a "role player" shooting terribly at 44% lol...

Fact still remains he never had his true "sidekick"... dont let his ugly departure from the NBA define him ...he was a monster who deserved a ring imo...
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nobody deserves a ring and kobe shot 36% in the 04 finals while shaq was killin ben wallace thats why I roast kobe thats horrible numbers to put up while you Hog and take shots away from Shaq who had a mismatch

You also left out the fact that Grant hill wasnt there when stackhouse put up them career best scoring numbers(00-01).I was talkin about the season and half he played wit grant hill he did good and had career high FG % he was Never a good shooter his career percentage is 40

Pistons never advanced cuz thats when the east was the dominating conference.Its the same as melo,Kg or tmac not advancing past the 1st round for years.They teams werent good enough
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Iverson could co-exist with another scorer.. he preferred people with out and ego.. He had 3 point shooters.. rebounders.. defenders.. a team of hustlers.. so he could do his thing. And coaches who loved him and put up with him to a fault..

They say he is influential.. but his major influences.. were

his tats.. although he wasnt first..
    his braids.. ..
    his "rapper" eque i dont give a ? perception..
    His sleeve..
    Most definitely his crossover..
    He inspired many people short as hell to think they are him and dribble the ball around aimlessly and go to the hole and get blocked.. because they werent Ai
    He brough hiphop to the game in a bold way.. by his brashness and streetball style

• DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Greatest little man to ever do it in the NBA. To the guys who said he's not a leader he did get a team to the NBA Finals his MVP year. Dude's an alltime great IMO and he doesn't need to win a 'ship to prove that. Nowadays people get too wrapped up in how many championships you have to try to gauge how great you are; it really only happens when we talk basketball.

that game was a ? classic the whole entire game. a.i. was shittin on em he had 48 somethin points

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79WSHpMU894
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

Lmao that ? is so funny to watch and play against
  • Focal Point
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »

he was a monster who deserved a ring imo...

How the hell you deserve a ring... you earn that ? real talk
  • yroholla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    How the hell you deserve a ring... you earn that ? real talk

I think his prime years were wasted away without a true complimentary player imo.... obviously you dont win a ring if you dont earn it... he was just a one of a kind talent, smaller than everybody and actually being the best in the NBA at one point....my overall point is ppl always talk about how their fav player dont have any help and no "sidekick" and its just surprising nobody ever tries to defend Iverson with the same argument...seems like he gets more criticism than he should because of recent events as well.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

one of my favorite players, but he was one crying ?
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited August 2010
    Options

best iverson move ever is when he crossed antonio daniels* TWICE*
    bwhahahhaah..then daniels tried to blame a teammate..look at him...
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    U need a specific team to build around ai to succeed.
  • DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    U need a specific team to build around ai to succeed.

they needed a big PG at least 6'5 to guard the SG's. two 3pt shooters and a big man with a low post game and a solid bench
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    they needed a big PG at least 6'5 to guard the SG's. two 3pt shooters and a big man with a low post game and a solid bench

Exactly

people act like you couldve thrown any star next to iverson

here's a team that can win a chip with ai being the best player

pg-Chauncey
    Sg-Ai
    Sf-Bruce Bowen
    pf-Pau gasol
    C-Mutumbo

ai can shoot all day he has 3 great defenders around him, pau can be a great post option.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    my 2nd fav player of all time behind mike of course.............

i wonder who the short ? got to look up to now..........all the pg's are about 6'4 now lmao..........
  • Kid Dynasty
    Kid Dynasty Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    A.I. was great, single handedly took the Sixers to the finals and won game one at the Lakers. He's going to the Hall of Fame. Too bad what's become of him.
  • Focal Point
    edited September 2010
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »

i wonder who the short ? got to look up to now..........all the pg's are about 6'4 now lmao..........
    shoot with AI at 6ft can short ? even considered him short
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

EarlBoykins.jpg

cmon son..............
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    Options

brandon jennings.........
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Miami6 wrote: »

best iverson move ever is when he crossed antonio daniels* TWICE*
    bwhahahhaah..then daniels tried to blame a teammate..look at him...

when i saw that...it was instantly my top 5 fav AI crossover. nnnniiiiicccceeeee

i wonder who the short ? got to look up to now
    ..........all the pg's are about 6'4 now lmao..........
    ...this guy?
    021810_NateRobinson.jpg&t=1
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

? stepped over tyronn lue like Lue a piece of trash