So the world ends tomorrow and a few thousand years down the line....

Options
daz156
daz156 Members Posts: 163
edited September 2010 in The Reason
a new breed/race of people now inhabit the earth and find an ancient relic, a CD and the machine to play it on, what CD would you hope it would be ?

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Aquemini.........
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The teacha krs-one
  • enomujacku
    enomujacku Members Posts: 992
    edited August 2010
    Options
    definitely illmatic!
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Serious answer - Food & Liquor

Hilarious answer - any album that has crunchy black's timeless masterpiece, u say u from the hood
  • daz156
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i am caught between Edutainment by BDP, Soul Food by Goodie Mob and Illmatic by Nas......

Edutainment, and i dont think it is KRS greatest album - maybe his second best and Soul Food & Illmatic I feel are better albums but it has a broader range of topics and concerns on it....
  • refcortez
    refcortez Members Posts: 377 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the infamous and it was written.
  • daz156
    edited August 2010
    Options
    refcortez wrote: »
    the infamous and it was written.

But the thing with The Infamous is.....well, what would it tell that next race of people about us as people or could it teach them anything (aside from not frucking with Queens ninjas)......
  • bankrupt baller
    edited August 2010
    Options
    some pac ?

his deep ? .......
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    shop boyz - rockstar mentality
  • daz156
    edited August 2010
    Options
    his deep ? .......

so which album then ??
  • wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I hope they find a soulja boy CD, so that way they can laugh at how ? stupid humans were.
  • daz156
    edited August 2010
    Options
    shop boyz - rockstar mentality

not an album I am familiar with, i am guessing that quote about a skeeze you have.....well it would lead me to believe that shop boyz m,ight not really have anything to say to a new race of people a few thousand years down the line....maybe i am wrong and making assumptions i shouldn't ? correct me if i am wrong....
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It wouldn't matter because they probably wouldn't even speak or understand our language. Anyway, i would say Marvin Gaye's I Want You album.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hopefully it will be some classical music so they can think humanity had some brains

rap is ? and an embarrassment to the world
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lil wayne They will be amazed that this pre historic life form Half raptor/Muppet baby..
  • bankrupt baller
    edited August 2010
    Options
    daz156 wrote: »
    so which album then ??

me against the world

if they found his greatest hits they would think hes bi polar lol
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    not an album I am familiar with, i am guessing that quote about a skeeze you have.....well it would lead me to believe that shop boyz m,ight not really have anything to say to a new race of people a few thousand years down the line....maybe i am wrong and making assumptions i shouldn't ? correct me if i am wrong....

are you implying that a future race of people would have no interest in partying like a rockstar? if so, i anticipate that your claim is based upon sound premises
  • daz156
    edited August 2010
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    It wouldn't matter because they probably wouldn't even speak or understand our language. Anyway, i would say Marvin Gaye's I Want You album.

well the assumption would be that they could understand the language regardless of it was West coast or East coast slang or wherever even though it is all essentially english and prob would not be the language they speak in the future....
  • daz156
    edited August 2010
    Options
    are you implying that a future race of people would have no interest in partying like a rockstar? if so, i anticipate that your claim is based upon sound premises

no i am not implying anything, i was just wondering if that would be the sole message that a shop boyz album might convey to a future race or was there more to them than i had initially assumed, even though i guess that is not one of their lines......
  • enomujacku
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hopefully it will be some classical music so they can think humanity had some brains

rap is ? and an embarrassment to the world

exactly why i said illmatic. really i hope they find anything that reflect intelligence. a 2pac joint would be good too.
  • daz156
    edited August 2010
    Options
    enomujacku wrote: »
    exactly why i said illmatic. really i hope they find anything that reflect intelligence. a 2pac joint would be good too.

But if you think rap is ? why do you listen to it ? And also, why would you hope for something reflecting intelligence and there is a Soulja Slim quote and a Scarface avi on your profile ?

Could you elaborate ?
  • enomujacku
    edited August 2010
    Options
    But if you think rap is ? why do you listen to it ? And also, why would you hope for something reflecting intelligence and there is a Soulja Slim quote and a Scarface avi on your profile ?

Could you elaborate ?
    i wasnt agreein on wat he was sayin about rap is ? , i was speakin on the findin somethin with smarts statement. i shoulda bolded wat i was responding to but. as far as the scarface and slim thing im not a one sided dude and i definitely wouldnt say they was stupid but they represented bein true and i admire that despite they ways.
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    R U Still Down or 2pac's Greatest Hits (even though its missing some classic songs)
  • daz156
    edited August 2010
    Options
    enomujacku wrote: »
    i wasnt agreein on wat he was sayin about rap is ? , i was speakin on the findin somethin with smarts statement. i shoulda bolded wat i was responding to but. as far as the scarface and slim thing im not a one sided dude and i definitely wouldnt say they was stupid but they represented bein true and i admire that despite they ways.

yeah i get what you sayin, and i wasnt meaning that as a shot or anything to you...