I guess ALBUMS are being replaced by MIXTAPES????

Options
onepunch
onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
edited August 2010 in The Reason
I just peeped the ad for Fabulous new album disguised as a "mixtape" .......i guess that what these artist are hiding behind when they make a ? album...Oh that's just my mixtape, wait till the album drops.....smh at these wack rappers.....

Comments

• InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yeah your right thats wat they do, they spend a lot time makein wack music n wen the label wont put it out it becomes a mixtape..
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LMAO... thankfully my fave rappers don't put out too much tapes out there

So, I can differentiate between albums and tapes when they drop...
  • Deckster
    Deckster Members Posts: 735 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    idk if fabs ? is wack or not but hes probably doing it cause his label wont let him drop and album cause he aint got hits....so hes discising an album as a mixtape so he can put ? out without his label ? with him....cause if a rappers was to just say ? it and leak there album out the label could sue for breech of contract or some b.s
  • onepunch
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Chalee_Boi wrote: »
    Mixtapes allow creative control. The label heads dictate what's on the album...

But arren't they both the same thing? Mixtapes just use a few old beats, same rhymes they would use on an album....I just want an artist to call it what it is....
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you can thank 50, wayne & gucci mane for that
  • Deckster
    edited August 2010
    Options
    onepunch wrote: »
    But arren't they both the same thing? Mixtapes just use a few old beats, same rhymes they would use on an album....I just want an artist to call it what it is....

nah mixtapes are free.....
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you can thank 50, wayne & gucci mane for that

you can thank Gucci the most

his label made websites like datpiff take his mixtapes off cuz he was doin songs w/ original beats instead of jackin beats like 50 & Wayne for the most part
  • Deckster
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i really dont like tapes with original beats.....i think tapes should be for rappers to show they can flow on beats that they dont normally use, or to ether ? on they own ?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Mixtapes are for nigggas who can't create original music from scratch imo.
  • onepunch
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I heard mixtapes with original beats but for the most part they basically are the same. That's why when judging an artist I go by the work on the mixtape as well as the album.

makes sense....
  • onepunch
    edited August 2010
    Options
    False...

How do you think upcoming artists get their music out?

You can always just do it the old fashion way....record an album and promote it like it was a mixtape...do some shows and gain some fans.....it use to work that way before the internet..
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    onepunch wrote: »
    You can always just do it the old fashion way....record an album and promote it like it was a mixtape...do some shows and gain some fans.....it use to work that way before the internet..

Thats exactly what they are doing. Yelawolf for example put out 4 mixtapes and toured and thats how he got his name out there in order to get a major record deal.
  • Brian B.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Mixtapes are for nigggas who can't create original music from scratch imo.

so.. how do you explain Gucci usin original beats & creating original music from scratch?

weather you think its good or not is another question
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? I bumped Fab's There Is No Competition 2 more than any album of his since his first one...alot of times artists best material can be found on their mixtapes because they aren't being forced to write or make music for radio play...they can just be creative and that can lead to some dope ass verses
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The Warm Up>>>bp3. The mixtapes I have been checking out lately have been better than a few albums.
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    so.. how do you explain Gucci usin original beats & creating original music from scratch?

weather you think its good or not is another question

I don't consider what Gucci Mane creates, music!
  • onepunch
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What about artists without deals? For instance, this is Los. He was looking for a major album deal...so instead of killing rappers on their beats....he made a mixtape of all original material to show he can craft an album.

? , then just call it an album....He might be able to sell it to the public...when you say mixtape, i immediately think it's abunch of throw away verses
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    The Warm Up>>>bp3. The mixtapes I have been checking out lately have been better than a few albums.

Take away all the reused beats from The Warm up and what do you have? Take away Dead Presidents, Last Call, Just to get by,93 till infinity and Royal Flush, then half the album would be gone. It's easy to build on other establish songs and beats template
  • Brian B.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I don't consider what Gucci Mane creates, music!

so... basically you jus got stumped... ok
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes, mixtapes are the new albums for the commercial artists who have no control over what goes on their studio album.
  • Deckster
    edited August 2010
    Options
    what about ? who only got a mic and instrumentals???...not everybody can find good producers or have the money to.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Seriously though.I can´t ? wit fab anymore anyways homie.

Word to Jay Electronica.His mixtapes bump all day.
  • onepunch
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes, mixtapes are the new albums for the commercial artists who have no control over what goes on their album.

best response so far....
  • Brian B.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? w/ all this mixtape talk yall need to get my new ? , in my sig

I made most of the beats, only jacked 2
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    so... basically you jus got stumped... ok

LOL yes, Gucci Mane is truly making timeless and skillful music and his debut album surely was a classic and surely went gold, oh no it didn't