So what is there to do in heaven for eternity?

Options
TX_Made713
TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
If you live by the bible and are one of the few chosen to enter..what do you think there is to do?

would you be on your knees all day every day worshipping ? and telling him how wonderful he is endlessly

what is the "glory" the preachers speak about

no diss or hate thread..serious question

imgoing you really look forward to this glory so explain it

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    When I used to believe I used to think you just moved onto another universe and lived an eternal life with the option to stop. The difference being the new worlds were utopian societies. There were no currency systems, no drugs, no violence, etc..

It was a place where there no feeling of things like hunger, greed, envy, jealousy, etc...
  • memphis
    memphis Members Posts: 201
    edited September 2010
    Options
    there's mansions, ferrari's, hot ? , and lots of wine. So you live large, drive fast cars, get ? and ? hot ?
  • TX_Made713
    edited September 2010
    Options
    people always say i got a mansion waiting for me in heaven with a golden robe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjfroh_7P9xJXI9WF5UX9T3Kh7qdefoZq_7VmYc5n4Az7OAYg&t=1&usg=__8AVZDaF_mJ8cu_u_tz1tezZUR1E=

so i guess you wil be floating on a cloud giving hugs to people all day
  • universaltruth
    universaltruth Members Posts: 193
    edited September 2010
    Options
    When I used to believe I used to think you just moved onto another universe and lived an eternal life with the option to stop. The difference being the new worlds were utopian societies. There were no currency systems, no drugs, no violence, etc..

It was a place where there no feeling of things like hunger, greed, envy, jealousy, etc...

This, but this "utopia" could be here on earth if not for humanities foolish ways
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This, but this "utopia" could be here on earth if not for humanities foolish ways

Well, ? is a helpful cause in the foolish ways.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    If you live by the bible and are one of the few chosen to enter..what do you think there is to do?

would you be on your knees all day every day worshipping ? and telling him how wonderful he is endlessly

what is the "glory" the preachers speak about

no diss or hate thread..serious question

imgoing you really look forward to this glory so explain it

The glory that preachers speak about is peace of mind, contentment, and unlimited progress.
  • universaltruth
    universaltruth Members Posts: 193
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dont blame ? for peoples mistakes
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Heaven is whatever you want it to be...
  • TX_Made713
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Heaven is whatever you want it to be...

what if you want it to be a gentlemens club
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Word, forever is a mighty long time. I made a thread like this in the third generation IC and nobody had a good answer.
  • memphis
    memphis Members Posts: 201
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Word, forever is a mighty long time. I made a thread like this in the third generation IC and nobody had a good answer.

because tehre is no answer, it's merely conjecture
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    im thinking i get to ? the baddest ? i ever seen, play professional football and smoke perfectly rolled blunts for ever and ever!!!
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

That would have to be false. Lucifer fell how? Pride, envy, jealousy of ? correct? So that's false.

Then what happened? War in Heaven? Violence? So isn't that wrong as well?

From what I was told by someone a long time ago, you can still sin in Heaven and fall. I would say that seems more along the lines of correct, we seen Lucifer do it and take many angels with him.
  • Thanuyoka
    Thanuyoka Members Posts: 102
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    You walk streets of gold
    You live in a mansion
    You get some virgins (depending on the religion package you accepted on earth)
    You get some wings
    You to sing
    You get to get ?

Basically a materialist dream come true.

Now the devil says get that shut yourself right now.........but that's evil

son where do u get this from? thats sooo inaccurate, in heaven we would be souls, separated from our flesh and all physical tissues. the material things of this world that provide pleasure to our bodies wouldnt even be a memory up there. we would be in a state free from pain and negativity that we cant even fathom. youd basically never desire anything again
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Thanuyoka wrote: »
    son where do u get this from? thats sooo inaccurate, in heaven we would be souls, separated from our flesh and all physical tissues. the material things of this world that provide pleasure to our bodies wouldnt even be a memory up there. we would be in a state free from pain and negativity that we cant even fathom. youd basically never desire anything again

How did souls have sex with Earth women?
  • Thanuyoka
    edited September 2010
    Options
    How did souls have sex with Earth women?
    ??????????
    im gonna guess(correct me if im wrong) that ur talking about the conception of Jesus? so let me clear this up for you ? who created the universe and all that put apart of himself into an embryo that grew inside the ? of a ? that birthed Jesus Christ who lived a completely sinless life in order to be crucified as an offering of atonement of mankinds sins to be resurrected aftter three days which is the basis of Christianity
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ??????????
    im gonna guess(correct me if im wrong) that ur talking about the conception of Jesus? so let me clear this up for you ? who created the universe and all that put apart of himself into an embryo that grew inside the ? of a ? that birthed Jesus Christ who lived a completely sinless life in order to be crucified as an offering of atonement of mankinds sins to be resurrected aftter three days which is the basis of Christianity

No I'm talking about the book of Enoch.
  • Thanuyoka
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No I'm talking about the book of Enoch.
    enoch's not in any bible ive ever come across so im just gonna go ahead and stay in THAT lane
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    enoch's not in any bible ive ever come across so im just gonna go ahead and stay in THAT lane

My point exactly about religion. Maybe you should study the lost gospels as well, they were just as important to the Jesus story as the used gospels.
  • Thanuyoka
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My point exactly about religion. Maybe you should study the lost gospels as well, they were just as important to the Jesus story as the used gospels.
    i have certain beliefs, so me entertaining "lost" gospels wouldnt really do anything for me, i might as well study buddhism or rastafari
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i have certain beliefs, so me entertaining "lost" gospels wouldnt really do anything for me, i might as well study buddhism or rastafari

Or parts of the bible story.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    BTW If you knew your bible and had your beliefs and knew those beliefs, you would know the Earth Women and Angels mating is in Genesis, I knew you were a preacher follower the minute I said it was in the Book Of Enoch and you didn't know either it, or the verse.
  • Thanuyoka
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Inaccurate?
    How can you be sooooo sure? Have you been to heaven? No anyone who has?
    The mansion, wings, streets of gold etc is what your bible ? offers as told to your ministers.

BTW if you knew your book well you would know that angels was ? earth women.

its deductive reasoning from common sense
    the human is comprised of a physical and spiritual our senses help our spiritual translate the input from the physical. when we die wut need would we have for our physical? it wont exist, there is no need for lungs or eyes or blood if there is no physical matter around us. strets of gold is used in a metaphorical sense as to be wonders in which the human mind has never dreampt of. and what verse is that?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Then double check you bible Enoch is in the bible. A small mention but still there. You just haven't come across it.
  • kids in america_
    kids in america_ Members Posts: 213
    edited September 2010
    Options
    BTW If you knew your bible and had your beliefs and knew those beliefs, you would know the Earth Women and Angels mating is in Genesis, I knew you were a preacher follower the minute I said it was in the Book Of Enoch and you didn't know either it, or the verse.

That is certainly not true.