So what is there to do in heaven for eternity?

Options
2»

Comments

• kids in america_
    kids in america_ Members Posts: 213
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Shockingly there's no mention in the bible of people going to heaven after they die. That theology has no biblical basis.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? ? and smoke weed all day.....what else is there to do?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That is certainly not true.

So you don't believe the fallen angels were having sex with earth women? How do you know?
  • kids in america_
    edited September 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    So you don't believe the fallen angels were having sex with earth women? How do you know?

Where in Genesis does it say the angels are fallen?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Where in Genesis does it say the angels are fallen?

Why don't you just post up the 'correct' meaning of the verse that you know everyone is talking about instead of being so mysterious about it.
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You lost if you still believe in a fairy man in 2010.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    there is no such thing as utopia. What is utopia for me is different than what is utopia for you etc.

Not for the mind set we have currently. Our level of consciousness won't allow us to come together for us to create such a universal utopia.
  • kids in america_
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Why don't you just post up the 'correct' meaning of the verse that you know everyone is talking about instead of being so mysterious about it.

A more plausible explanation is that the “sons of ? ” of Gen. 6 were men/ human <mortal>. What the “sons of ? ” did in Genesis 6:2 are described in verse 5 as “the wickedness of humankind”, which was “great in the earth (I’m paraphrasing here)… every inclination of the thoughts of their hearts was only evil continually.” A more careful considerate reading of Genesis 6 shows that the “sons of ? ” must have been men not cosmic beings.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited September 2010
    Options
    A more plausible explanation is that the “sons of ? ” of Gen. 6 were men/ human <mortal>. What the “sons of ? ” did in Genesis 6:2 are described in verse 5 as “the wickedness of humankind”, which was “great in the earth (I’m paraphrasing here)… every inclination of the thoughts of their hearts was only evil continually.” A more careful considerate reading of Genesis 6 shows that the “sons of ? ” must have been men not cosmic beings.

On point!
    Plus the scriptures states angels can't reproduce nor have sex... but in short the son's of ? that's spoken of in Gen 6. can be found
    in Luke 3:21-38 (that's the lineage which started w/Seth after cain killed Abel)....
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Genesis 6:4*(New International Version)

*4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of ? went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

What's a nephilim?

A giant.....
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Shockingly there's no mention in the bible of people going to heaven after they die. That theology has no biblical basis.

on point again, Not sure why people love to make up stuff.... the scriptures tell us that both the Son's & Father's kingdom will be placed on earth at there appointed times... No one has gone to heaven or is in heaven other than HE who came from heaven & the holy angels.
  • kids in america_
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Genesis 6:4*(New International Version)

*4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of ? went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

What's a nephilim?

H5303
    נפל נפיל
    nephı̂yl nephil
    nef-eel', nef-eel'
    From H5307; properly, a feller, that is, a bully or tyrant: - giant.
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited September 2010
    Options
    do apes go to heaven too cuz their dna is what like 98 to 99 % like ours and if they do go to heaven do bad apes go to hell
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    That would have to be false. Lucifer fell how? Pride, envy, jealousy of ? correct? So that's false.

Then what happened? War in Heaven? Violence? So isn't that wrong as well?

From what I was told by someone a long time ago, you can still sin in Heaven and fall. I would say that seems more along the lines of correct, we seen Lucifer do it and take many angels with him.

this is ether right here LOL
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    If you live by the bible and are one of the few chosen to enter..what do you think there is to do?

would you be on your knees all day every day worshipping ? and telling him how wonderful he is endlessly

what is the "glory" the preachers speak about

no diss or hate thread..serious question

imgoing you really look forward to this glory so explain it

I could be wrong, but I think that is it isn't necessarily about what is done in Heaven, but what Heaven represents in the reasoning for doing anything in this place. I believe Heaven represents a place in which all the wrongs of life are made right.