Vibe, this threads for you *toast*

Options
ThaChozenWun
ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
edited September 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Here's a little bit of contradictions and different accounts, aint trying to overload you at first.

1. What did they give to Jesus drink?

Matthew 27:34 it was vinegar

Mark 15:23 it was wine with myrrh

2. Who was Josiah's successor?

2CH 36:1 Jehoahaz

JER 22:11 Shallum

3. How old was Ahaziah when he began to reign?

2KI 8:26 22

2CH 22:2 42

4. Nobody can agree on who they see at the tomb?

MAT 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
MAT 28:3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
MAT 28:4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
MAT 28:5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.

MAR 16:5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.

LUK 24:4 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:

JOH 20:12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.

6. Contradicting statements from same gospel.

Matt 5:16 "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." (NIV)

Matt 6:3-4 "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." (NIV)

So Matthew says one time, let everyone see your good deeds, and later says... naw don't, hide that ? so only ? knows.

7. What to judge?

1 Cor 2:15 "The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:" (NIV)

1 Cor 4:5 "Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from ? ."

So again, same gospel, contradicting terms. First Judge everything, next, judge nothing until you die.

I'll stop here for now, once it's settled we will continue.

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    butter.jpg

Anyway, I'll get to this later tonight? I will not nail all of it tonight, I'll take little by little.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    butter.jpg

Anyway, I'll get to this later tonight? I wil nol nail all of it tonight, I'll take little by little.

I got about 100 of them, that's seven, so we'll be on it til Christmas
  • VIBE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Here's a little bit of contradictions and different accounts, aint trying to overload you at first.

What? Matthew 27:34 also says it is wine. I don't see vinegar anywhere.

2 names, same person.

He was 22 and both say so.

MAT 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
    MAT 28:5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.

MAR 16:5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.

LUK 24:4 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:

JOH 20:12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.

To be honest, this I cannot know right now. Just by doing little reading I can't answer it. To me it would seem that there was the 1 angel at first, Mary books it, comes back and now there's 2. BUT I'm not sure, the way certain verses are it makes it seem like there was 1 or 2. I don't think it's a contradiction, we'll see though.

Matt 5:16 "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." (NIV)

Matt 6:3-4 "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." (NIV)

So Matthew says one time, let everyone see your good deeds, and later says... naw don't, hide that ? so only ? knows.

Basically, when you do an 'act of righteousness' do not let it be seen by men but let the work, the result, be seen is okay. Because letting this act be seen is what the Pharisees did so that THEY could get praised for it. What Matt. 6 is saying is not to boast or run about saying, "I did this or that". Don't let others know what you're doing. That's boasting and drawing attention to yourself for praise and honor. Again, what the pharisees did.

7. What to judge?

1 Cor 2:15 "The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:" (NIV)

1 Cor 4:5 "Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from ? ."

So again, same gospel, contradicting terms. First Judge everything, next, judge nothing until you die

Humans all judge things, each other and what not. But ? isn't subject to our judgment. This isn't even giving us permission here to judge anyways. It's just acknowledging that we do do this. The 2nd verse you posted just says to not judge, to wait until the Lord comes and he will do the judging. It's not up to us, it's up to Him.

I've yet to see all this posted as contradictions. I'll see more into the angel at the tomb thing but other than that I'm confused to these being contradictions. Not to mention there are like 3 different versions of the bible being used here. Use one, not 3 or 4 or more.
  • memphis
    memphis Members Posts: 201
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ChosenWun, you should have posted all 100 or so contradictions

my favourites are when the Gospel writers have irreconciable conflicting accounts of what Jesus said or did
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    memphis wrote: »
    ChosenWun, you should have posted all 100 or so contradictions

my favourites are when the Gospel writers have irreconciable conflicting accounts of what Jesus said or did

I will, but it would be hard to have a discussion about all 100 and keep it on track.
  • memphis
    memphis Members Posts: 201
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I will, but it would be hard to have a discussion about all 100 and keep it on track.

ahh, okay, I get it.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What? Matthew 27:34 also says it is wine. I don't see vinegar anywhere.

Maybe it's fixed in yours. Mine is KJV and it clearly says vinegar. The hebrew also is different words in each one.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2027:34&version=KJV

2 names, same person.

Very good.

Question though, how did you find out they were the same person?

He was 22 and both say so.

No they don't, again perhaps the bible you used fixed it. I can post links to bibles also saying the two differences.

To be honest, this I cannot know right now. Just by doing little reading I can't answer it. To me it would seem that there was the 1 angel at first, Mary books it, comes back and now there's 2. BUT I'm not sure, the way certain verses are it makes it seem like there was 1 or 2. I don't think it's a contradiction, we'll see though.

Take your time, I won't up any more until we get these solved.

Basically, when you do an 'act of righteousness' do not let it be seen by men but let the work, the result, be seen is okay. Because letting this act be seen is what the Pharisees did so that THEY could get praised for it. What Matt. 6 is saying is not to boast or run about saying, "I did this or that". Don't let others know what you're doing. That's boasting and drawing attention to yourself for praise and honor. Again, what the pharisees did.

Well wouldn't Matt 6 being saying don't let anything shine through?

Humans all judge things, each other and what not. But ? isn't subject to our judgment. This isn't even giving us permission here to judge anyways. It's just acknowledging that we do do this. The 2nd verse you posted just says to not judge, to wait until the Lord comes and he will do the judging. It's not up to us, it's up to Him.

Again good job, you should see the ? DoU posted for that one a while back lmao.
    I've yet to see all this posted as contradictions. I'll see more into the angel at the tomb thing but other than that I'm confused to these being contradictions. Not to mention there are like 3 different versions of the bible being used here. Use one, not 3 or 4 or more.

Yea they're contradictions, when there is conflicting reports from different gospels on things, that is contradicting it being the word of ? . If one gospel says one thing in accordance with something and the next doesn't make the same statement it's contradicting the other. Which do you know is right?
  • VIBE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Maybe it's fixed in yours. Mine is KJV and it clearly says vinegar. The hebrew also is different words in each one.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2027:34&version=KJV

Strange, I thought I looked it up in the KJV but it was the NKJV I clicked that says 'wine'.

Mark 15:35-37
    35 When some of those standing near heard this, they said, "Listen, he's calling Elijah."

36 One man ran, filled a sponge with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink. "Now leave him alone. Let's see if Elijah comes to take him down," he said.

37 With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.

So it's still wine, just wine vinegar and I guess you can call it whatever though. It's the same thing.

Very good.

Question though, how did you find out they were the same person?

My brother in law and his friend were discussing this one day. I remember his friend saying it was a conflicting story in names, so he explained it. I don't remember how he did but when I seen it mentioned here I remembered slightly. But I did refer to my bible really quick, in the footnotes to make sure it was the right one I was remembering.

Well wouldn't Matt 6 being saying don't let anything shine through?

It's up to one's interpretation then I guess. I looked at other versions to see what they had to say and it was pretty much what I thought it was. Just to do your mess in secret but don't share what you've done, don't brag about it.

Yea they're contradictions, when there is conflicting reports from different gospels on things, that is contradicting it being the word of ? . If one gospel says one thing in accordance with something and the next doesn't make the same statement it's contradicting the other. Which do you know is right?

It could be many things, like translations or the translators interpreting it to what they think it means or what they would want it to say. I don't know. But the overall message is key, not whether one or two angels are chillin' in a tomb. I know, if that's wrong or can't be decided then what else is? I get that, but I don't sweat the small stuff that are very non-essential.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Strange, I thought I looked it up in the KJV but it was the NKJV I clicked that says 'wine'.

Mark 15:35-37
    35 When some of those standing near heard this, they said, "Listen, he's calling Elijah."

36 One man ran, filled a sponge with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink. "Now leave him alone. Let's see if Elijah comes to take him down," he said.

37 With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.

So it's still wine, just wine vinegar and I guess you can call it whatever though. It's the same thing.

No it isn't whatever. You always ask where the bible was changed. The old version say vinegar, they were changed to wine in the later versions..... hmmmm.

It could be many things, like translations or the translators interpreting it to what they think it means or what they would want it to say. I don't know. But the overall message is key, not whether one or two angels are chillin' in a tomb. I know, if that's wrong or can't be decided then what else is? I get that, but I don't sweat the small stuff that are very non-essential.

Or ? ups, I know you dont think its possible, but until you explain them all and tell me why things that don't match (even in original writing) are made to match later then I cannot accept that it wasnt ? up.
  • kids in america_
    kids in america_ Members Posts: 213
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ay oh whey oh, ay oh whey oh...
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ay oh whey oh, ay oh whey oh...

This thread is not for you, this is for Vibe
  • kids in america_
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This thread is not for you, this is for Vibe

OH I didn’t know that. The “Vibe, this threads for you...” title kind of threw me off. So excuse me.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    OH I didn’t know that. The “Vibe, this threads for you...” title kind of threw me off. So excuse me.

Not a problem. I know you bible believers get meanings confused sometimes.
  • kids in america_
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Not a problem. I know you bible believers get meanings confused sometimes.

Not I, Said the Cat.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Not I, Said the Cat.

Cats don't talk ?
  • kids in america_
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Cats don't talk ?

Cats do talk silly. You just don’t understand the language of cats. One day, I will give you a lesson or two on how to speak fluent cat.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Cats do talk silly. You just don’t understand the language of cats. One day, I will give you a lesson or two on how to speak fluent cat.

Fo sho.....
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

7. What to judge?

So again, same gospel, contradicting terms. First Judge everything, next, judge nothing until you die.

I'll stop here for now, once it's settled we will continue.

1. mat 27: 34They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.
    mark 15: 23And they gave him to drink wine mingled with myrrh: but he received it not.

the greek word in mathhew, is oxos, meaning

1) vinegar

a) the mixture of sour wine or vinegar and water which the Roman soldiers were accustomed to drink

step your game up

2. shallum and jehohaz are the same person...COME ON MAN.

2) the 3rd son of king Josiah of Judah and subsequent king of Judah; reigned for 3 months before he was taken captive to Egypt where he was placed in chains and later died

a) also 'Jehoahaz'

shallum was his birth name, but he took the thrine under jehoahaz

step your game up

3. its a clerical error, king james was'nt perfect...there was alos another ahaziah whop ruled the northern kingdom.

step your game up.

the rest is just left up to the readers interpretation...that why you should leave the scriptures alone, they aint for you...you probably are'nt even the seed of abraham...because scriptrues were written by israelites, for israelites...so what point are you even trying to proove, lol you're compeltelt and total idiot..u got no idea about how to even precieve and interpret the scriptures or about the deception that has come in the form of religion and the church.

have u even read the bible ?...its like u woke up one day n decided to make a thread making yourself look like ? black reprobate.....your just lost...stop trying to be smart..all u did is copy half ass supposed contradiction, thought up by edomites...and funiily enough your probably an edomite yourself.

lmaoooooooooooooo

the new testament was written in greek YOU ? ? !!!!!!!!!!!

how can anybody be this stupid ?
    No it isn't whatever. You always ask where the bible was changed. The old version say vinegar, they were changed to wine in the later versions..... hmmmm.

lmaooooo

first off u shou'nt even be reading anything other than the KJV 1611....because apart from the obvious clerical errors...the new versions are written by edomites, and they change up n switch up ? in order to keep ? idiotsd like u brainwashed...

theres many scriptures int eh kingjames describing the israelites as black...for example..

jeremiah 14:2Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up.

job 30: 30My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.

lamentations 5: 10 Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine.

song of solomon 1: 5I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

6Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.

the words ^^^^ kedar means dark in hebrew...

now try n find these scriptures in the new international version or other demonic versions and u wont even see the word black...

your so ? caught up on tryign to dispoorve the scriptrues n u dont even relaise that the majoirty of the old testament has been prooved accruate by scholars...study ancient hsitory, its all recorded in the old testament...infact the scriptures were 1 of the first sources of information...watch the moive 300, alexander, study ancxient mesopatamian and phenicaian mythology...all the ancient dities from babylon all the wya up to greek and rome, are mentioned in scriptures......read a ? book...study ancient egypt...the bible covers it all, it just tells it from the perpective of the hebrew israelites, gods chosen people...

so if the OT is accurate, then i suggest u read the books of the prophets...because they predicted a whole lot of ? before it came true, and have been dated before the events even happened...people such as king xexers (300), king darius, , king cyrus, alexander the great, roman ceasors and emporers egyptians pharoahs...they rpedicted all the great empires and their downfalls....

if u acttually read the bible, u'd already know this..u'd also know america features prominently in the bible, even the slave trade...but dumb ? dont read...so just keep making ? threads n wait for russia to drop dem missles on your dumb black ass.

u R&R nigagz are simply redundant...none of u know scriptures, just how to make fools of yourselves.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Spliff I aint readin that ? , I asked vibe, I know the answers to them.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Spliff I aint readin that ? , I asked vibe, I know the answers to them.

lool..stop acting dumb..u read it...n if anybody else read my post, they'd see just how ? dumb u are...

u need to wake the ? up and suck sucking esau's ? .

its 2010 n u ? still got a ? slave mentality.
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Do i need to come in here and say it once more and again like i say it 1390238 times on these religiouse threads...the devil knows the bible like the back of his hand..the devil knows every pralm and and word of the lord why becuase lucy lue's work depends on it...ok good bye ;)
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Do i need to come in here and say it once more and again like i say it 1390238 times on these religiouse threads...the devil knows the bible like the back of his hand..the devil knows every pralm and and word of the lord why becuase lucy lue's work depends on it...ok good bye ;)

When we havin that threesome ma?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    lool..stop acting dumb..u read it...n if anybody else read my post, they'd see just how ? dumb u are...

u need to wake the ? up and suck sucking esau's ? .

its 2010 n u ? still got a ? slave mentality.

Lol naw I didn't read it. Look at me and Vibe's conversations in here. The ones he got the answer right on I told him he did, the ones he half assed I kept asking. ? out of here.

And learn to spell ? .
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited September 2010
    Options
    when we havin that threesome ma?

i may raise an eyebrow to that thought when u get holy ghost filled weater baptised
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i may raise an eyebrow to that thought when u get holy ghost filled weater baptised

Word? I'll go get baptized tommorow morning then me n my girl will be over later.