Official legion of doom mixtape thread

Options

Comments

• RedPandaSan
    RedPandaSan Members Posts: 63
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Does that mean I'm in? LOL. ..

Oh. .. And good looking out Tony. .. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. ..
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Does that mean I'm in? LOL. ..

Oh. .. And good looking out Tony. .. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. ..

Im more than sure you'll have a track if not some on here, I'll send you some beats and see if they land on the mixtape.
  • Roster Player #99
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    I'll rap on a track

do u actually rap?
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i haven't made a track for a few months, but I was aight when I was doing it on a regular basis.

dis nicca gone be rappin bout muffins and ish.

we need a real rapper.
  • drematic
    drematic Members Posts: 234
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • RedPandaSan
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Let me know what's good and we'll get it popping. ..
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aiite - what y'all got? y'all ready???????????
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aiite - what y'all got? Y'all ready???????????

i got beats for days but no rappers.

Redpanda....

Send me your email address!
  • Roster Player #99
    edited November 2010
    Options
    money mob wrote: »
    i got beats for days but no rappers.

Redpanda....

Send me your email address!

right! i tried to find ? on myspace....? is crazy, producers gotta beg for rappers now!
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited November 2010
    Options

im not that bad.

way better than 2012 :P

u pretty good boi

that take off is raw.

u sound different from everybody else.

put this nicca on the tape!!

only 1 or 2 tracks tho.. lol
  • RedPandaSan
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I PM'ed you Money.

To any other producer, check out my YouTube. Send me some tracks if you think I can hop on em. My style is little different than anyone on the radio getting spins right now so if you want to send me a track, please check out the channel first and at least peep the last 3 joints to get a sense of my style. That way you don't send me a beat that is way off my rythym. The best producers are the ones who work with the artist. At least in my mind.

Let's get this ? moving. ..
  • Roster Player #99
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I PM'ed you Money.

To any other producer, check out my YouTube. Send me some tracks if you think I can hop on em. My style is little different than anyone on the radio getting spins right now so if you want to send me a track, please check out the channel first and at least peep the last 3 joints to get a sense of my style. That way you don't send me a beat that is way off my rythym. The best producers are the ones who work with the artist. At least in my mind.

Let's get this ? moving. ..

i'll send u some joints when I get back in town, pm that email address doe...
  • money mob
    edited November 2010
    Options

i GOT MY LIL HOMIE COMING UP THIS WEDNESDAY SO THAT WILL BE CRUNCHTIME.

WE WILL BE IN THE STUDIO ALL NIGHT WORKING ON THESE AND SOME OTHER PROJECTS.
  • RedPandaSan
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I got the beats from Money and Tony. .. I've picked one from each of them to go in on. .. I'm calling myself Alexander Luthor. .. That way I can talk as much ? as I want. .. Be on the lookout.
  • Roster Player #99
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I got the beats from Money and Tony. .. I've picked one from each of them to go in on. .. I'm calling myself Alexander Luthor. .. That way I can talk as much ? as I want. .. Be on the lookout.

good because hopefully the ? you drop will make the tape (i dont see why not) and then I may have like two more joints comin in from my mans and Mag..
  • RedPandaSan
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm over here writing a freestyle to one of Money's beats and it dawned on me that I don't know what direction the mixtape is headed in as a whole. Is there like a PG-13 advisory or anything like that? I'm putting myself in the Lex Luthor mindset which to me is one where you don't give a damn because you can do anything you want. So I'm talking reckless on beat, maybe too reckless for some. So before I get any crazier with this Lex persona, is there anything that is off bounds? Or a limit to cursing or whatever?

Lex is a super villain and he's human, so I imagine in real life this cat is going to be a wild rapper. Very loose with his thoughts and says whatever he feels like, when he feels like.

Let me know so that I don't end up writing something that is defaulted off the tape for explicit lyrics.
  • Roster Player #99
    edited November 2010
    Options
    itrs legion of doom, so im sure nothn is off limits that has a dark edge..
  • RedPandaSan
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What's the deadline on this joint? I got Money's freestyle on lock but I haven't got a bead on the subject matter for Tony's yet. ..
  • money mob
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'm over here writing a freestyle to one of Money's beats and it dawned on me that I don't know what direction the mixtape is headed in as a whole. Is there like a PG-13 advisory or anything like that? I'm putting myself in the Lex Luthor mindset which to me is one where you don't give a damn because you can do anything you want. So I'm talking reckless on beat, maybe too reckless for some. So before I get any crazier with this Lex persona, is there anything that is off bounds? Or a limit to cursing or whatever?

Lex is a super villain and he's human, so I imagine in real life this cat is going to be a wild rapper. Very loose with his thoughts and says whatever he feels like, when he feels like.

Let me know so that I don't end up writing something that is defaulted off the tape for explicit lyrics.

First things first.....

If you have an option to be grimey, disrespectful, nasty on ANYTHING I produced, please feel free to do so.

Second...

The Lex thing, in my opinion, no one should be Lex. Lex was the leader of the L.O.D. and that persona is no one here.

If THAT were the case....I would have BEEEEN chose Lex! LOL
  • money mob
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What's the deadline on this joint? I got Money's freestyle on lock but I haven't got a bead on the subject matter for Tony's yet. ..

Supposed to be this week but I need some extra time as well for Im recording tonight so as soon as you have it done, just send it to us.

Anyone else is ready now?
  • RedPandaSan
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The cartoon version of the L.O.D.'s leader was Lex, but all bets are off when it comes to the mixtape right? I mean, I'm Vietnamese. .. Lex was a straight white boy. There is no real comparison. The entire freestyle is already laid out from the standpoint of Alexander Luthor so if there are any issues with name placements I'd have to go back in and rewrite the entire 2.30 minutes.

I ain't claiming no leadership status or nothing like that. Plus, he's about the only human on the whole squad. Rapping as though I have superpowers and ? like that is a little bit far fetched for me. All that superpower ? interprets well for the beats because you can go wherever you want with the sounds, as a rapper though I don't know that there is any clever way to spin that. It's basically Luthor spitting on YOUR beat, regardless of leadership status or not it's all a team effort. /shrug

Plus. .. I really don't want to go back and rewrite this joint. Haha! I'd have to rework the angle I'm planning on hitting Tony's beat too. ..
  • money mob
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The cartoon version of the L.O.D.'s leader was Lex, but all bets are off when it comes to the mixtape right? I mean, I'm Vietnamese. .. Lex was a straight white boy. There is no real comparison. The entire freestyle is already laid out from the standpoint of Alexander Luthor so if there are any issues with name placements I'd have to go back in and rewrite the entire 2.30 minutes.

I ain't claiming no leadership status or nothing like that. Plus, he's about the only human on the whole squad. Rapping as though I have superpowers and ? like that is a little bit far fetched for me. All that superpower ? interprets well for the beats because you can go wherever you want with the sounds, as a rapper though I don't know that there is any clever way to spin that. It's basically Luthor spitting on YOUR beat, regardless of leadership status or not it's all a team effort. /shrug

Plus. .. I really don't want to go back and rewrite this joint. Haha! I'd have to rework the angle I'm planning on hitting Tony's beat too. ..

I would have to see what Assassin Grundy says about it. Basically, from a lyrical standpoint, I dont care about the Luthor references. What I said earlier was just my opinion. I think the personas from the cartoon (other than being sinister and diabolical...LOL) have nothing to do with what we are trying to do here. For example....for this mixtape, Im "Captain Cold" and ? knows Im a tropical ? ! I CANT STAND THE COLD! LOL So I dont think we are embodying their superpowers but referencing how bad we are opposed to the Hall Of Justice. But we as a team of soldiers is the mindset I get for the mixtape but nothing being said about who is the leader.

Feel me?
  • RedPandaSan
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I feel you, I actually never reference to myself as Luthor in the track but the I titled the track Alexander Luthor. .. So that kind of hints at who's spitting it. The closing line too. I got a rough ass draft of it right now I just shot to you so you can tell me how you feel about it. I want to go in and record it again tonight and try to see if I can get better vocals. Basically right now I have a rough ass reference track. I got a boy who is going to try and see if he can clean up the one I record tonight to sound better since I'm working out of my makeshift home studio.

Let me know what you think. ..
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    edited November 2010
    Options
    im gone have 2 soon....
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    redpandasan: you good, fam - keep ya' rhyme intact; that's a dope idea actually.....