Is terrorism an effective way to advance one cause?

Options

Comments

• dpresidential
    dpresidential Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    exactly!!! if i defend my home im basicly now a terrorist. smmfh

Is that what you think Osama Bin Laden did? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda

To make a long story short, Osama repelled the Soviets from taking Afghanistan. Saudi Arabia was being invaded by Iraq, so Osama wanted to help the Saudis protect the Holy Land. The Saudis' decided to ask the UNITED STATES for help which angered Bin Laden since he and his terrorist organization considered the West infidels. At which point he declared a Holy Jihad against the West. So who was defending who?

By the way, even without the U.S or Israel, they would still be fighting amongst themselves as seen by the Iraqi invasion of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. So do you still think there would be peace over there without us? Sorry without ME and the United States (lol) and Israel?
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Grav,

I see what you're saying but I am going to have to disagree with what you said alittle. Although I don't think America is the bad guy, I don't think "Islam" is either. I will say there has beena long history of extremists "using" religion as a means to do horrific things in this world but I won't blame religion. Think about it like this...

If there was no religion, the people who exploit others would use other methods to control the weak minded and make them do their ? work such as differences in geographic area (Example. North v. South, Country v. Country) or race (Black v. White) or anything else that easily distinguishes one group from the other. Religion isn't the problem, it is the exploiters.

look how they treat women
    most likely its conform to islam or die
    christians are more forgiving
  • rusty shackleford
    rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    depends on what cause.. if your cause is to hurt folks.. then yeah.. but extreme means is never a way to change the masses perspective on an issue.. it more times than not drives people further from you..

IMO, lyrical terrorism is your best bet at gettin' people to see things in a new light..

"Freedumb"

From slavery to days where even water fountains were separate.
    Marched on Washington with M.L.K. cause times were desperate.
    Aggressively pursued progressive civil rights for blacks.
    That script flipped with Prop 8, the hate they have for the "? "
    is irony. The hypocritical bigotry needs to cease.
    Obsolete & completely the opposite of peace.
    Go ask my niece, we practice humanity, not calamity.
    Can it be we're alone in plans to save this planet, b?
    Man..... I hope not.. Please say it aint so.
    This ? the reason I be crushin' hash in my dro.
    Plus I'm blastin' on foes, knocka dread lopsided.
    But all Jamaicas not bigots so don't stereotype it
    as the most anti-? place on earth.
    They despise what they can't change & self hatred is a curse.
    That leads to a hearse, which subsequently leads to the dirt.
    & lifes worth much more than it's hurt, don't waste your's bein' a ? .

"FREE AT LAST, GOOD ? ALMIGHTY, FREE AT LAST"
    Then point at ? people screamin' "NOT SO FAST!!"
    Yeah we're free, free to be dumb, repeatin' the past.
    Like a Tec turntable spinnin' scratched up wax..

In the land of Freedumb, the enslaved still wearin' chains.
    Soapy suds washin' brains, hence the need for change.
    Fourteen states legalized medical marijuana.
    Yet & still, I'm kept from marrying the person i wanna.
    Eleven years with him so far without so much as a comma.
    We run on sentences with our own health care, ? Obama.
    And Where The ? Osama? I'd ask the C.I.A.
    An asset slash patsy for the 11th day.
    Of the 9th month, in the 1st year of this millennium.
    Round up mathematicians & give em' each a pentium.
    To calculate the odds & explain how this could happen.
    NORAD told it was a drill as two planes crash in Manhattan.
    Laughin' at the fact the news is tryin' to dumb me down.
    Hijackers passport survived fire & found down on the ground?
    Paper/plastic made it out while steel beams melt & collapse?
    Do the math, you'll see we're facin' babylonian's wrath.

My Lyrical Easel Exposes Inherent Evil
    Vote For Weasels Who Turn To Weavels In The Face Of Upheaval
    Tellin' My People Marriage Is Sacred, Don't Take It There
    While Your DVRs Tapin' Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire
    So Is Prostitution A Sacred Institution Too?
    With All The Reverends Dressed Like Pimps, I See How You'd Think It's True
    A Few Slitherin' Snakes, They Made Their Way To The Polls
    With Hate For Prop 8, Black Folks Slammed The Freedom Door Closed
    Damn.. Tell Me, Are My Eyes Contorting The Imagery?
    Civil Right Benefactor's Kids Resortin' To Bigotry?
    Mentally & Physically Schooled Yall Should Be From That Path
    Instead Of Repeatin' Mistakes Of Mankind's Turbulant Past
    A Bird Inna Glass Cage Can't Flee From Cats Tryin' To Eat Em'
    We Be Them When We Go Forget The Double Meanin' Of Freedom/dumb
    Completely Cheatin' Sayin' Terrorists Hate Us Cause Of Our Rights
    Yeah Right Like Before 67, Blacks Could Wed Whites..

• It's Not Cool Bruh
    It's Not Cool Bruh Members Posts: 215
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if i was as passionate as you ? about "america is da devil" theories i'd be doing something about it
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    as Far as America causing 911 im not sure about that
    i could claim i caused it and if i got enough youtibe videos ppl would follow like sheep...
    Word, I've watched many of those videos, they're usually observations followed by biased conjecture to reach a desired conclusion. An example of this is the "Jet fuel can't burn hot enough to melt steel, so 9/11 must be an inside job." argument. The argument ignores things such as the eutectic effect, steel's weakening with regard to temperature, the stress the steel was under, and the fact that jet fuel was not the only thing burning. Why would they ignore such things? Simple, because they refute their claims. Of course most people don't notice this because they just watch the videos and accept the videos' reasoning to be infallible and absolute. They think, "Hmm, steel does melt at a higher temperature than jet fuel's burning temperature; therefore 9/11 was an inside job.". Afterward, they feel educated, as though they've accomplished something by accepting someone's goal-oriented reasoning as fact. When actually, they've mirrored the ignorant masses they're trying to separate themselves from.
  • It's Not Cool Bruh
    It's Not Cool Bruh Members Posts: 215
    edited January 2010
    Options
    look how they treat women
    most likely its conform to islam or die
    christians are more forgiving

bruh.....you gotta pick up a history book sometimes, generalizing statements are never any good whether they're positive or negative
  • ItzGravitation
    edited January 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    well maybe those arent real muslims... but your christian counterparts are overthere killing real muslims.. people that aint got much to do with nothin.. would a real christian be okay with that??

i'm not OK with it but ? works in mysterious ways and maybe America is that Way
  • fiat_money
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • rusty shackleford
    edited January 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Word, I've watched many of those videos, they're usually observations followed by biased conjecture to reach a desired conclusion. An example of this is the "Jet fuel can't burn hot enough to melt steel, so 9/11 must be an inside job." argument.
    what about NORAD saying they were told to ignore reports of hijacked commercial airliners, that that days events were only a drill.. just as they did the day the trains in london blew..the city of london had hired a firm to measure their reaction to a terrorist event involving bombs in the subway.. & then as the drill was under way, whatta ya know, real bombs hit the subway system.. so understandably shook, the guy who owns the firm went directly to the media saying the coincidence was too much to be just that.. hell, a month before the "attacks" a golfer's private plane went off course & was intercepted within minutes by f-15s.. so an hour & a half shouldn't have been an issue... but somehow..

ever heard of operation northwoods? almost 50 years ago, our government came up with plans to hijack our own commercial aircraft with american citizens aboard & crash them into buildings [sound familiar?] as a pretext for a conflict with cuba.. the documents also discussed flying an empty commercial airliner over cuba & shooting it down in a ploy to blame them..

believe what you want.. but the facts speak for themselves..
  • ItzGravitation
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what about NORAD saying they were told to ignore reports of hijacked commercial airliners, that that days events were only a drill.. just as they did the day the trains in london blew..the city of london had hired a firm to measure their reaction to a terrorist event involving bombs in the subway.. & then as the drill was under way, whatta ya know, real bombs hit the subway system.. so understandably shook, the guy who owns the firm went directly to the media saying the coincidence was too much to be just that.. hell, a month before the "attacks" a golfer's private plane went off course & was intercepted within minutes by f-15s.. so an hour & a half shouldn't have been an issue... but somehow..

ever heard of operation northwoods? almost 50 years ago, our government came up with plans to hijack our own commercial aircraft with american citizens aboard & crash them into buildings [sound familiar?] as a pretext for a conflict with cuba.. the documents also discussed flying an empty commercial airliner over cuba & shooting it down in a ploy to blame them..

believe what you want.. but the facts speak for themselves..
    conspiracy theories suck
  • rusty shackleford
    edited January 2010
    Options
    conspiracy theories suck
    they do... but what seperates the facts i listed from them is the documented proof.

i was watchin' tv the morning 9/11 took place.. a news reporter said that a passport was found on the ground that belonged to a known terror suspect & that's how they knew it was Al Qaeda.. nevermind the fact that they all flew under aliases..

to believe this as true, you'd have to be able to explain how a plastic & paper passport would make it out of the initial impact area completely impervious to the intense heat of the explosion..

as a side note: columbia university has seismographs that picked up an explosion comperable to a small nuclear explosion at the moment each building started to fall.. that backs up eye witness accounts from the basement where the explosions melted the skin off of people close by..

the only conspiracy here is amongst the ones telling their selves our government wouldn't do this to its own people.. [nevermind the fact that Roosevelt had plenty of a heads up to stop pearl harbor but knew the attack would drive the american public into a revenge frenzy thus allowing our entry into the war & the history channle completely backs this up..]
  • ItzGravitation
    edited January 2010
    Options
    they do... but what seperates the facts i listed from them is the documented proof.

i was watchin' tv the morning 9/11 took place.. a news reporter said that a passport was found on the ground that belonged to a known terror suspect & that's how they knew it was Al Qaeda.. nevermind the fact that they all flew under aliases..

to believe this as true, you'd have to be able to explain how a plastic & paper passport would make it out of the initial impact area completely impervious to the intense heat of the explosion..

as a side note: columbia university has seismographs that picked up an explosion comperable to a small nuclear explosion at the moment each building started to fall.. that backs up eye witness accounts from the basement where the explosions melted the skin off of people close by..

lol
    ? happens.
    i hope you're prepared for the next one
  • rusty shackleford
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol
    ? happens.
    i hope you're prepared for the next one
    riiiiiiiight.. who can REALLY be prepared for expendability?

the only conspiracy here is amongst the ones telling their selves our government wouldn't do this to its own people.. [nevermind the fact that Roosevelt had plenty of a heads up to stop pearl harbor but knew the attack would drive the american public into a revenge frenzy thus allowing our entry into the war & the history channel completely backs this up..]

so lets see...

aids: government funded
    9/11: government funded
    pearl harbor: simply allowed to happen
    The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment: government funded

yep, as the evidence shows, we're incredibly expendable..
  • ItzGravitation
    edited January 2010
    Options
    riiiiiiiight.. who can REALLY be prepared for expendability?

the only conspiracy here is amongst the ones telling their selves our government wouldn't do this to its own people.. [nevermind the fact that Roosevelt had plenty of a heads up to stop pearl harbor but knew the attack would drive the american public into a revenge frenzy thus allowing our entry into the war & the history channel completely backs this up..]

so lets see...

yep, as the evidence shows, we're incredibly expendable..

sucks to be expendable
    glad i'm in the position i'm in
  • rusty shackleford
    edited January 2010
    Options
    sucks to be expendable
    glad i'm in the position i'm in
    fascinating but... wait, so too bad for everyone else, huh?

that's mighty white of you..
  • ItzGravitation
    edited January 2010
    Options
    fascinating but... wait, so too bad for everyone else, huh?

that's mighty white of you..

really?
    too bad i'm black and inexpendable
  • rusty shackleford
    edited January 2010
    Options
    really?
    too bad i'm black and inexpendable
    its not meant literally.. that's whatchu say when someone says some ? you'd expect to come out of the mouth of the typical elitist white person..

so where is your hiddy hole? or can you expose it's "position.."
  • ItzGravitation
    edited January 2010
    Options
    its not meant literally.. that's whatchu say when someone says some ? you'd expect to come out of the mouth of the typical elitist white person..

so where is your hiddy hole? or can you expose it's "position.."

lol hiddy hole?
    i'm front line with this movement
    roll or get rolled on
    i'll be face first with the next "911"
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This thread got derailed by a bunch of idiots who use CNN as a legit source.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The Jackal wrote: »
    I mean Muslim extremist seem to be getting their point across. Everyone is fearful of going on t.v and talking bad about them. Companies refuse to allow pictures of Mohammad. Fearful people are allowing their rights to be taken away for security. It seems they are going about and archiving what they want.

Al Qaeda's goal is to galvanize the world's Muslims into overthrowing their gov'ts and establishing a new Islamic Empire w/ a new Caliph. They're not any closer to that goal than they were 20 years ago.

For the most part, I think terrorism does nothing but give the ruling government an excuse for oppression and state sanctioned violence.

Just ask ? Cheney....
  • rusty shackleford
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol hiddy hole?
    i'm front line with this movement
    roll or get rolled on
    i'll be face first with the next "911"
    but why fight an unwinnable fight? the time to stand up has long passed.. & the last time a 9/11 happened [as far as a death toll] was pearl harbor.. it could be a hot ass minute.. people in this country scare so easily..
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2010
    Options

AIDS: no evidence, you can make a stronger case for the CIA running drugs into inner cities
    9/11: Bush organized the thousands of people needed to fake an attack and none of them snitched? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
    Pearl Harbor: There can be an argument made for this. If FDR knew and let it happen, he did the right thing. America had no interest in fighting Japan & the Nazis before Pearl Harbor smh
    The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment: Historical fact. Conducted by the United States Public Health Service, founded in 1798 and currently led by Howard Kyongju Koh.
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This thread got derailed by a bunch of idiots who use Alex Jones as a legit source.

fixed..........
  • rusty shackleford
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    AIDS: no evidence
    oh rlly? the freedom of information act says differently.. [& i believe they flooded our streets with ? but for the record, i never saw a house bill for the appropriation of 10 million in u.s. tax dollars to invent ? .]

images_news_nov_01_large.jpg
    hb15090pg129.jpg
  • fiat_money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what about NORAD saying they were told to ignore reports of hijacked commercial airliners, that that days events were only a drill...... hell, a month before the "attacks" a golfer's private plane went off course & was intercepted within minutes by f-15s.. so an hour & a half shouldn't have been an issue... but somehow..

ever heard of operation northwoods? almost 50 years ago, our government came up with plans to hijack our own commercial aircraft with american citizens aboard & crash them into buildings [sound familiar?] as a pretext for a conflict with cuba.. the documents also discussed flying an empty commercial airliner over cuba & shooting it down in a ploy to blame them...
    Do you have proof that NORAD was told to stand down? If so, do you have proof that this wasn't an error in communicating the threat, or a genuine mistaking of the threat as a drill? Assuming the observation that NORAD was told to stand down is true, how does this immediately lead to the conclusion that 9/11 was an inside job?

Also, as far as I know, each of the planes hijacked were crashed within 40 minutes of their hijacking. So what is the "1 & a half" hour statement in reference to?

I have heard of Operation Northwoods, I've also heard of the many other plans it entailed such as:
    • Staging Cuban soldiers as attacking U.S. bases.
    • Blowing up a U.S. ships/drones and blaming Cuba.
    • Faking pro-communist Cuban terror acts.
    • Making it look like Cuba is plotting with other countries.
    • Making it look like Cuban fighter jets were harassing the U.S.
    • Making it look like Cuban has shot down U.S. planes.

Due to the myriad of ideas, it seems like it was just a formal brainstorming. The first long-range jetliners started operating in the late 1950's (~1958), less than 5 years before the Operation Northwoods proposal. It's quite conceivable someone in the government at the time was able to imagine that these relatively new transport-vehicles could potentially be used as weapons.

You've shown observations, but you've failed to show how they automatically lead directly to the conclusion that 9/11 was in inside job.

You have helped bolster one of my previous statements though:
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Word, I've watched many of those videos, they're usually observations followed by biased conjecture to reach a desired conclusion...