So How Will Nicki Minaj Do Against Kanye, 11/22?

Options

Comments

• Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    For Kanye it does. He's not a single-driven artist but its a fact that when his singles perform good he has higher first week sales and the more his albums sell in total.

Don't see how a Kanye album with a mulit-week #1 is gonna sell less than a Kanye album with no Top 10s. You're crazy if you don't think singles effect album sales.

Delusional how? What's hyping up this album? GOOD Friday leaks? Lmao. Be serious. 500k max, and that's being generous.

Kanye is an established artist with 10 plus grammys who as sold 500k in a week a couple times . This is Nicki's first project . I know you like Nicki but come on be real she is not on the same level. Like comparing Lebron James and Sue Bird . They play the same sports but its looks totally different.

Doesn't Jay have like only 1 number 1 song but has the most number albums as a solo artist. Fans buy complete albums. Good songs get downloaded .
  • Mrslim1
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Kanye makes songs that are successful singles but also help complete an whole album.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ye doin 500 stacks easy..

nikki gon eat but ye gon have thanksgiving dinner and desert prolly some seconds too....
  • Mrslim1
    edited October 2010
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    truth.com..... Some artist dont need Number 1 singles.... Plus Kanye ALWAYS changes the sound of Hip Hop when he drops for the simple fact he does what nobody is doing when he drops..... I think its gonna take Kanye to get killed or die for ppl to truly appreciated what he has done for Hip Hop and Pop culture over all....

This dude was able to make Jamie Foxx get respected as a singer once he put him on "Slow Jams" . Everyone knew Jamie could sing but never respected him , As soon as he hooked up with Kanye the music demanded respect.
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    truth.com..... Some artist dont need Number 1 singles.... Plus Kanye ALWAYS changes the sound of Hip Hop when he drops for the simple fact he does what nobody is doing when he drops..... I think its gonna take Kanye to get killed or die for ppl to truly appreciated what he has done for Hip Hop and Pop culture over all....

Co-Sign.....
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2010
    Options
    kanye doing a mill

i call it here first

he got the illuminati behind him
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    coppin Kanye's and i dont even wanna look at Minaj's
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Girl, Kanye just shut down 4 National TV stations on some Michael Jackson ? for this album, you would be silly to think Nicki Minaj coud even compete with that kind of promotion
    1. I'm not a girl. You should be calling yourself that due to how you're swinging from Kanye's ? right now.
    2. 4 national TV stations.... and? Beyonce's video with Lady GaGa premiered on TV in 50+ country simulaneously and still flopped. Singles don't affect album sales but TV specials a month before do? Lmao... even crackheads know logic is pathetic.

Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Kanye is an established artist with 10 plus grammys who as sold 500k in a week a couple times . This is Nicki's first project . I know you like Nicki but come on be real she is not on the same level. Like comparing Lebron James and Sue Bird . They play the same sports but its looks totally different.
    I wasn't comparing him to Nicki. Who was even talking about Nicki anymore? I been said that'd he's gonna outsell her...he's just not gonna do 650k first week or whatever ? everyone on this board is saying. Less than 5 weeks..y'all will see.
    Doesn't Jay have like only 1 number 1 song but has the most number albums as a solo artist. Fans buy complete albums. Good songs get downloaded .
    And that #1 song helped that album to sell 2 million copies. Something Jay hasn't done in how long?? 7 years now? Thanks for proving my point that successful singles DO boost album sales.
  • Mrslim1
    edited October 2010
    Options

And that #1 song helped that album to sell 2 million copies. Something Jay hasn't done in how long?? 7 years now? Thanks for proving my point that successful singles DO boost album sales.

Come on get real Jay-Z been selling records for a decade plus. Singles dont guarantee sales a complete project helps you way more than singles .
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

I agree with everything except the bolded. GTFOHWTBS!!! He may change the sound for the first few weeks when his album is out, but other than that, nothing really changes.

Getwitcha
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Girl, Kanye just shut down 4 National TV stations on some Michael Jackson ? for this album, you would be silly to think Nicki Minaj coud even compete with that kind of promotion

Wait, what 4 national tv stations did Kanye shut down? I know it was on MTV, but what else?

Getwitcha
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wait, what 4 national tv stations did kanye shut down? I know it was on mtv, but what else?

Getwitcha

bet, mtv, mtv2, vh1
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nicki had better shift her date... for damage control
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Keep it on topic, ? .
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Keep it on topic, ? .

You catch feelins ol' ? ass ? ? Deletin post and ? , you really are a ? , grown ass man in a pink shirt with "Pink Friday" in glitter, red blotches in your draws ? ass ?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Cham you stay tweaking out anytime someone criticizes or even disses Nicki. Shes not your wife and I peeped the ? you did editing that other ? 's post. Just cause you're a mod you shouldnt be abusing your the "power" you have.
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Come on get real Jay-Z been selling records for a decade plus. Singles dont guarantee sales a complete project helps you way more than singles .
    Yeah, a decade ago...back when albums were selling crazy. Jay-Z's album sales declined along with the industry, but that single along with Run This Town gave his album a boost to 2 million.
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You catch feelins ol' ? ass ? ? Deletin post and ? , you really are a ? , grown ass man in a pink shirt with "Pink Friday" in glitter, red blotches in your draws ? ass ?
    LOL @ you mad, namecalling and catching feelings over a man, just because I said he wouldn't sell Gold first week. You sound like a ? and a ? . Now stay on topic before I make you REAL mad.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Too many feelings being caught in this thread smmfh
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Besides, KillaCham....who is else is buying?
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Jamaica you see this ? man? LMFAO!!!!!
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What? Reopened? HALLELUJAH!!!
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2010
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    Cham you stay tweaking out anytime someone criticizes or even disses Nicki. Shes not your wife and I peeped the ? you did editing that other ? 's post. Just cause you're a mod you shouldnt be abusing your the "power" you have.
    Nobody's even talkin about Nicki anymore. I don't care about people dissing anyone. i just come with facts. See every post in betch. And how am I tweeking out? LOL It wasn't even that serious until some ? Kanye stan started menstruating all over my posts. Mad as hell. 5 weeks.
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nobody's even talkin about Nicki anymore. I don't care about people dissing anyone. i just come with facts. See every post in betch. And how am I tweeking out? LOL It wasn't even that serious until some ? Kanye stan started menstruating all over my posts. Mad as hell. 5 weeks.

5 weeks, 500,000, 1st week, Kanye, GET MAD!
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2010
    Options
    5 weeks, 500,000, 1st week, Kanye, GET MAD!
    You gonna cry for 5 weeks when you see that HITS DD report 11/23 afternoon.