Options

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    By Jay-Z standards it was like a 3.5/10
    If it was an average rappers album 6.5/10

And Jay-Z my favorite rapper of all-time but ? gotta be real with themselves it was a mediocre album for Jay.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »
    By Jay-Z standards it was like a 3.5/10
    If it was an average rappers album 6.5/10

And Jay-Z my favorite rapper of all-time but ? gotta be real with themselves it was a mediocre album for Jay.

dude the album was atleast 8/10
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    In the sense that IMLVol.1 is a 8/10 for me NO..And BP3 is far off from it(lyrically speaking)..

But Imma be real BP3 got bangers that u play in ya whip and songs to chill to...But like this the first Hov album where when i play it in the whip its for how it bumps not to hear what he actually rappin bout
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Not Jay-Z best album, but far from wack. People just hate on the BP3 because they cant understand how he is still at least a top 3 rapper in the game at this age. They want this dude to fall of so bad and he just keeps making hits. Its not some much hate for the BP3 its hate for Jay-Z and his success. If the original Blueprint was released in 09 people will still hate because its JAY-Z. At this point people are just tired of him running the game when their favorite rapper will never be on that level.

co-sign....the album is far from trash and the 4 hits he's put out on radio further prove that.....i hope he puts out so ambitious next....or off that just to ? off the haters...lmao
  • DefJam44
    DefJam44 Banned Users Posts: 25
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the album is wack. stans delude themselves into thinking its only haters who call blueprint 3 wack to make themselves feel better, but a lot of rap fans and even longtime jay fans are saying this album is trash now. just look at the fan ratings on websites. accept it stans. ya boy has been wack since the black album.
  • DefJam44
    DefJam44 Banned Users Posts: 25
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Whatever hate BP3 received last year was well deserved because that album was trash!
    I wasn't expecting some earth shattering, change the face hip hop type ? , but I sure as hell was expecting some trendy, futuristic, throw your glow sticks in the air type ? either. Everything on that album sucked. Easily forgettable lyrics, weak ass production, horrible hooks, BP3 is without a shadow of a doubt Jay's wackest album to date. Kingdom Come >>>> BP3. You know your ? is garbage when a track with Swizz Beatz is one of the best songs off your album. LMAO!

this is the truest post today
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Man, the ? is a classic. That flow of his was incredible.
  • BlessTheGod
    BlessTheGod Banned Users Posts: 11
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LOL@ jeezy and kanye murdering the camel on his own ? . jay just says the same thing on every album. straight trash.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited February 2010
    Options
    American Gangster was not wack and neither was BP3
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I was expecting alot more being that he released those two lyrical heat rocks "Brooklyn Go Hard" and "BK Anthem" around the time before the album came out.
  • Question Authority
    Question Authority Members Posts: 494
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No hate for it at all. It was just a mediocre, poorly executed album, that lacked cohesiveness. Easily one of Jay's weakest.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BP3 is dope there are alot of wack albums that came out that get praise in the reason but what ever
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    BP3 is dope there are alot of wack albums that came out that get praise in the reason but what ever

4 example, C3
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't even know, since 09 was a slum ass year for Hip Hop music ? should be happy that Jay dropped BP3. ? Jay fans would say the album was average at best but saying it was a bad album is just a hater comment and untrue. Comparing it to his other albums it's pretty average but it still had a couple good tracks overall.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No hate.
    It's just not that great.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Not Jay-Z best album, but far from wack. People just hate on the BP3 because they cant understand how he is still at least a top 3 rapper in the game at this age. They want this dude to fall of so bad and he just keeps making hits. Its not some much hate for the BP3 its hate for Jay-Z and his success. If the original Blueprint was released in 09 people will still hate because its JAY-Z. At this point people are just tired of him running the game when their favorite rapper will never be on that level.

yea this thread should have been closed after this post
  • 11BamBam11
    11BamBam11 Banned Users Posts: 57
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LOL. I swear, some of you Jay fans are in serious denial. Nobody hates blueprint 3. the album is just weak. stop with all the ? excuses.
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    No hate.
    It's just not that great.

My thoughts exactly...with an addition to it being overrated
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cuttadc13 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly...with an addition to it being overrated

Lol, the BP3 is overrated? Where at?
  • j dot keyz
    j dot keyz Members Posts: 127
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have met one person to this day that wasnt on this type of website that disliked the album, Jay has to broad of a fanbase to appease the picky hip hop elitists that posts here. If it doesnt sound like a 90s, gritty album they write it off as wack.

BP3 is definately more like Vol.2 than Blueprint 1 which is why ? on this website and others hated on it so hard. Jay makes tracks for a broad audience, the Hip hop elitists likely prefer Thank you, Everyday a star is born, Already home, Empire state of mind (b4 it blew up) and So ambitious (unless they have a Pharrell bias) ? who like bangers will like Real as it gets, On to the next one, DOA, pop fans will like Run this town, What we talkin bout, Empire State of mind, Forever Young, Off that Venus vs Mars. And well rounded music listeners will enjoy the whole album, its very diverse.
  • Treeze
    Treeze Banned Users Posts: 12
    edited February 2010
    Options
    j dot keyz wrote: »
    I have met one person to this day that was on this type of website that disliked the album, Jay has to broad of a fanbase to appease the picky hip hop elitists that posts here. If it doesnt sound like a 90s, gritty album they write it off as wack.

BP3 is definately more like Vol.2 than Blueprint 1 which is why ? on this website and others hated on it so hard. Jay makes tracks for a broad audience, the Hip hop elitists likely prefer Thank you, Everyday a star is born, Already home, Empire state of mind (b4 it blew up) and So ambitious (unless they have a Pharrell bias) ? who like bangers will like Real as it gets, On to the next one, DOA, pop fans will like Run this town, What we talkin bout, Empire State of mind, Forever Young, Off that Venus vs Mars. And well rounded music listeners will enjoy the whole album, its very diverse.

tru tru...
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BP3 was dope IMO...

the only thing i dont like is when everyone is llike oh the concept was to be on some futuristic type ahead of the world type ish and i'm like oh really? Plays Deltron 3030 and Fantastic Damage/...... Yea they failed in the dpt
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Jay could do better than that...
  • nuyorkwutalk
    nuyorkwutalk Members Posts: 376
    edited February 2010
    Options
    that album was super weak. i was highly disappointed. the lyrics weren't there for me, the hooks were atrocious and the beats really were forgettable. A definite weedplate rite there, and i'm a Jay fan too
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Its a good album. It probably aint one of his best overall though. But Jay is still putting out quality material. I wouldnt say there is one true classic song on it though.