Why The Hate For Blueprint 3?

Options
13»

Comments

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Again.....wack ass album and Jay should be ashamed of himself for creating such a travesty. A self-proclaimed "? emcee" is gonna release this? THIS?!!! BP3 is an abomination....a rapper of Jay's caliber should never have a record like this in his already suspect catalog.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    IMO album has no replay value
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »

I only play like 4 tracks faithfully off that album. Other than that, he needs to redeem himself the next time around.
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited February 2010
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »

I will agree with this. Its a good album but no tracks jay fans will say are classic. I been a jay fan since i was a young teenager so he set the bar high.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Some of yall really need to put ? into perspective with that weak ? , weak is a Franchise Boyz album. lol There is no way in ? hell you're gonna sit there with a straight face and objectivity, then tell me this album is weak. Not with tracks like Thank you, What we talking about, Real as it gets, So ambitious, ESOM, on to the next one,DOA,etc. I know the Timbaland beats were weak, but it's still a mediocre Jay-z album. If anybody would of released this album, they wouldn't get half the criticism for this ? ; it's better than that ? Carter 3 album.

? need to get over, he ain't never gonna try to recapture his glory days (reasonable doubt) or be the 40 year old ? rapping about slinging ? (Raekwon).
  • makaveli4ever
    edited February 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Some of yall really need to put ? into perspective with that weak ? , weak is a Franchise Boyz album. lol There is no way in ? hell you're gonna sit there with a straight face and objectivity, then tell me this album is weak. Not with tracks like Thank you, What we talking about, Real as it gets, So ambitious, ESOM, on to the next one,DOA,etc. I know the Timbaland beats were weak, but it's still a mediocre Jay-z album. If anybody would of released this album, they wouldn't get half the criticism for this ? ; it's better than that ? Carter 3 album.

? need to get over, he ain't never gonna try to recapture his glory days (reasonable doubt) or be the 40 year old ? rapping about slinging ? (Raekwon).

You said it yourself though. Jay is a legend is he not? Why should fans accept average albums?
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    No hate.
    It's just not that great.

yea. id say 2 great songs, 3 good 1s and the rest isnt worth it

your welcome is better than 90% of that album
  • generalktruheaterz
    generalktruheaterz Members Posts: 9
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BP3= Vol 2

It's not whack, it's just popular and you know how these elitist are when ? doesn't fit in their little boxes.

...100% true there. people these days always saying an album is weak when in actuality is a good album. This is weak to people. Omarion new cd is wack which i don't think it is just no promotionf or it and his lead videos WERE WRONG ONES to lead with. Cats want Jay to be rappin like he on Reasonable Doubt and in his 20s still. His albums these days show growth just like Snoop Dogg wether u like them or not.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You said it yourself though. Jay is a legend is he not? Why should fans accept average albums?

Believe it or not dude, not every album is gonna be classic or dope (4-5 mic). Rakim has released duds, Nas has released duds,Ice Cube, Scarface,etc FOR THEIR STANDARDS. Lets keep it real, even though these albums are weak for their standards, it's not ? wack; any other rapper who would of made these albums would not get the criticism for it. Once again, yall are seriously ? dellusional if you think every album is gonna be classic or dope.

Look at ? in perspective and objectively, stop the hyperboles
  • poopoo
    poopoo Members Posts: 212
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Alright album, but I kinda think of him the same way I view 50 cent and Eminem, their ? aint wack, but its wack compared to their previous music.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thank You is a nice ass track, can't really mess w/ the other joints tho...
  • makaveli4ever
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Believe it or not dude, not every album is gonna be classic or dope (4-5 mic). Rakim has released duds, Nas has released duds,Ice Cube, Scarface,etc FOR THEIR STANDARDS. Lets keep it real, even though these albums are weak for their standards, it's not ? wack; any other rapper who would of made these albums would not get the criticism for it. Once again, yall are seriously ? dellusional if you think every album is gonna be classic or dope.

Look at ? in perspective and objectively, stop the hyperboles

I dont expect every album to be a classic. I actually like this album. But for Jays standards its not up to par.
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Because when I hear Jay-z now I hear a rapper past his prime who just wont let it go. Jay has to realize that at some point people don't want to hear new music from you. They just want to enjoy the hits. You don't see the beatles coming out with enw ? . They just play the classics and people love them. ? Blueprint 3 I want to hear The Blueprint. ? American Gangster, I want to hear Reasonable Doubt. The Blueprint 3 is ok but its not great and its not anything that we really want to hear right now. Well not me anyway.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Because when I hear Jay-z now I hear a rapper past his prime who just wont let it go. Jay has to realize that at some point people don't want to hear new music from you. They just want to enjoy the hits. You don't see the beatles coming out with enw ? . They just play the classics and people love them. ? Blueprint 3 I want to hear The Blueprint. ? American Gangster, I want to hear Reasonable Doubt. The Blueprint 3 is ok but its not great and its not anything that we really want to hear right now. Well not me anyway.

"? want my old ? , buy my old albums"
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

So just because YOU dont wanna hear him, he should stop making music. Correct?
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BP3= Vol 2

It's not whack, it's just popular and you know how these elitist are when ? doesn't fit in their little boxes.

right. on hip hop I can mostly agree with you.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BP3= Vol 2

Been saying BP3 was the '09 Vol. 2.........
  • BlessTheGod
    BlessTheGod Banned Users Posts: 11
    edited February 2010
    Options
    people expected a classic or near classic because he named it BLUEPRINT 3! the album was hyped up for so long and then wen it dropped ? was weak. it wasnt good enough. sorry stans.
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I personally thought it was an solid album...He had some nice songs on there and lyrical he still has it.....if anything some of the beats were terrible (Timbo tracks)....I wish he would just do an album with production from Just Blaze, Kanye, and Primo....