Mass Effect 2 PS3 Release Date

Options

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Go to Settings > Sound Settings > Audio Output Settings..........then select Optical.

Also, try Settings > Sound Settings > Audio Multi-Output .......set to On

yeah i tried that...doesnt work....but i hear a buzz out the speakers but thats it......any idea for speakers that support this?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yeah i tried that...doesnt work....but i hear a buzz out the speakers but thats it......any idea for speakers that support this?

What receiver you using?
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Guess I'm poor folk :(

you middle class,,poor folks are the hand held only folks
  • bankrupt baller
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What receiver you using?

i just have 2 regular speakers hooked up to the tv
  • Terrorist_Jones
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i just have 2 regular speakers hooked up to the tv

the ? ??!?!?!?!?!? aint go work ,,go play only thru the tv i think,,
  • bankrupt baller
    edited December 2010
    Options
    the ? ??!?!?!?!?!? aint go work ,,go play only thru the tv i think,,

i purchased a plasma when them ? like first came out and the tv is like a 50 inch ? computer screen lol......it doesnt even have built in speakers......also it has no hdmi hookup only computer type hookups
  • joshuaboy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i purchased a plasma when them ? like first came out and the tv is like a 50 inch ? computer screen lol......it doesnt even have built in speakers......also it has no hdmi hookup only computer type hookups

What Terrorist said. It's not gonna work like that. Those speakers get their feed from the TV. The Optical goes to a Surround Sound Receiver.
  • joshuaboy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you middle class,,poor folks are the hand held only folks

lol lol lol
  • bankrupt baller
    edited December 2010
    Options
    what terrorist said. It's not gonna work like that. Those speakers get their feed from the tv. The optical goes to a surround sound receiver.

ok so if i get another tv that has the hdmi hookup will that alone pick up video and audio?
  • joshuaboy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ok so if i get another tv that has the hdmi hookup will that alone pick up video and audio?

Yep...........
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Its Action/RPG With Not Enough Action And Way To Much RPG ...The Combat Was Way To Linear..The Game Insisted On Holding Your Hand Through Every Fire Fight..Never Finished It

Im sorry,but the only true statement in this post is that u never finished it. This is simply false
  • joshuaboy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    A demo of the PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect 2 will be released on the European PlayStation Network on 22nd December, EA has announced.

EA failed to mention the content of the demo. We're checking now.

Mass Effect 2 PS3 will launch in Europe on 21st January – a year after the release of the Xbox 360 version.

The PS3 version features a raft of bonus content, including an interactive comic designed to help bridge the storylines of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. Choices made while interacting with the comic carry over into your Mass Effect 2 adventure.

Also included is all the previously released downloadable content: Lair of the Shadow Broker, Project Overlord, Kasumi: Stolen Memory and the Blood Dragon Armour.

The Zaeed and Firewalker content will also be accessible through the Cerberus Network.

Last month creator BioWare excited PS3 owners when it assured them that Mass Effect 2 on Sony's console will be "as good, if not better than the Xbox version".

"Oftentimes when you go to the PS3 you see stuff like down-ressing and using a smaller than 720p resolution to try and get back some of the framerate," producer Jess Huston told the Official PlayStation Magazine (according to a post on said.

"We haven't done that. We really wanted to try to make it as good, if not better than the Xbox version."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-13-ps3-mass-effect-2-demo-announced
  • joshuaboy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Im sorry,but the only true statement in this post is that u never finished it. This is simply false

One question: does it play like Fallout? Cause I could never really get into that game.
  • stoneface
    edited December 2010
    Options
    One question: does it play like Fallout? Cause I could never really get into that game.

apples and oranges, man. though there might be a little similarity in that you can interact with people in the game's world and make decisions that can have various effects, its not the same as far as the overall feel , mechanics of the combat, style and the pacing.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What is the cerberus network?
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    heard this getting a psn demo on the 21st
  • joshuaboy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The new, PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 will look better than the original on Xbox 360 - that's because BioWare's using the Mass Effect 3 engine to power it.

"One of the first things you're going to see is improved graphics," said game producer Jesse Houston on the BioWare podcast.

"We actually created the engine for Mass Effect 3 and used that to make Mass Effect 2 PS3. So we took the content, the story and all of the other assets that made up Mass Effect 2 and we put it into the Mass Effect 3 engine.

"We've also gone ahead and made the experience much more solid on PS3," he added. " So for example the controls are geared towards the PS3 controller [although] you can switch it back to the old Xbox [layout] if you like. Other things like planet scanning have been improved; we've rolled up all of the patches; done a whole bunch of bug fixing."

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 will also bundle premium DLC such as recent add-on Lair of the Shadow Broker. What's more, being on Blu-ray means having more storage space, so there's no need to swap game discs half-way through the emotional space rollick.

Note that Mass Effect 1 will not make its way to PS3. To cope with that, BioWare has made an interactive comic that tells the first game's story and let's you make the big decisions within it. They then import into Mass Effect 2 and shape your world - the same way an imported saved game worked on Xbox 360.

Houston also mentioned that Mass Effect 2 was finished on PS3 and on course for its January 21st European release.

A demo, remember, will be available on 22nd December.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-16-ps3-mass-effect-2-uses-me3-engine
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I still ain't beat that first one for 360. Lemme get on my B-I-biz
  • Terrorist_Jones
    edited December 2010
    Options
    guess ill be trading me2 360 in for me2 ps3,, this a great replayable game but not repayable
  • freepostking
    freepostking Members Posts: 468
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I remember trading in my Xbox 360 right when Mass Effect 2 came out. Can't wait.
  • joshuaboy
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Demo is out. DL'd last night. Gonna try it out later.
  • stoneface
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Played the demo. PS3 version seems to have better and slightly more lifelike ? textures on the characters, mainly during conversations but overall looks a little duller. the xbox 360 one, overall ,has a more vibrant and vivid color scheme. At the end of the day though, theyre pretty much the same.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Oh damn its a demo out? lemme get on my ?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This isn't for me. The demo, or the game, is ? . I didn't like it one bit, I played up to the 2nd part and half way through I guess I turned it off. ? is stupid.
  • Robert TOWNsend
    Robert TOWNsend Members Posts: 1,275
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    This isn't for me. The demo, or the game, is ? . I didn't like it one bit, I played up to the 2nd part and half way through I guess I turned it off. ? is stupid.

You lost bruh