Gears of War in a nutshell

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in IllGaming

Gears re-skinned.

Thats why Uncharted will always be better. It has climbing, jumping, swinging, verticality, more stealth elements, better cinematics, etc. It has much more depth to it.

Gears is basically the same as the video posted above with a different skin. Pew pew pew!

Comments

• stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This is one of the dumbest threads you've ever made.

You've just proved you don't know ? about gaming.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yo, is this guy some one's alias?
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hate inspired thread
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ? looks more like Mass Effect to me
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Name a ? game

damn, yall still aint make that ? happen?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    1283436237802.gif
    thread fail......

Nope, success. It's a troll thread, and BAM hook line and sinker for the one's droppin' in here.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Nope, success. It's a troll thread, and BAM hook line and sinker for the one's droppin' in here.

This ^^^^^

KOA done gone and

20gxqvb.jpg
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    toodle-oo!

(damn that ? will never stop being funny to me for some reason)
  • -Karl-
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    SYphon Filter's taser ? on this thread....

That ? was amazing!
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yall mad 360 ? can say its trolling all you want, BUT In all honesty how is Gears of War any different than the video posted?

Those games play IDENTICAL. Run in slow motion.... hide behind cover.... pop over cover... pew pew pew pew!!!..... hide behind cover..... roll into another spot.... repeat for 6 hours until you are done campaign.

IDENTICAL!!! Besides the different skins, there is NO difference between Mindjack and Gears.

There are also rumors Marcus Fenix was ? in prison. SMH. It's probably true too. How do yall feel about playing as somebodys prison ? ?
  • -Karl-
    edited December 2010
    Options
    How is Unoriginal Uncharted different to Tomb Raider?
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    -Karl- wrote: »
    How is Unoriginal Uncharted different to Tomb Raider?

We not talking about Uncharted or Tomb Raider, we talking about Gears and Mindjack.

LOL@you trying to switch topics. Loss. You cant say nothing on Gears cuz you know I'm right. You've been suckered into playing Mindjack with a different skin.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If you didn't like the game and it wasn't your style because it's wack, ? whatever etc then that's YOU. Why do you talk so much immature ? about games and use so much homosexual innuendos? You're like what 26? ? is sad man.
  • Robert TOWNsend
    Robert TOWNsend Members Posts: 1,275
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    If you didn't like the game and it wasn't your style because it's wack, ? whatever etc then that's YOU. Why do you talk so much immature ? about games and use so much homosexual innuendos? You're like what 26? ? is sad man.

You really gonna ask a guy who pulls his ? out with guys that question?
  • -Karl-
    edited December 2010
    Options
    We not talking about Uncharted or Tomb Raider, we talking about Gears and Mindjack.

LOL@you trying to switch topics. Loss. You cant say nothing on Gears cuz you know I'm right. You've been suckered into playing Mindjack with a different skin.

II asked you a question and you didnt answer. I just asked it in here because such questions are so stupid they aint even thread worthy.

And that doesnt even make sense since Gears came out first. You're just dodging the question because you know I'm right.

How many times do I have to school you?
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Uncharted doesn't have chainsaw melees, hammer of dawn, mortars, mulchers, lazers, or boomshots. Who wants to jump around like some ? -ass parkour.

Gears is way more fun. Has way more blood. Better online versus matches. If you think otherwise, you've just never played Gears.
  • -Karl-
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Uncharted doesn't have chainsaw melees, hammer of dawn, mortars, mulchers, lazers, or boomshots. Who wants to jump around like some ? -ass parkour.

Gears is way more fun. Has way more blood. Better online versus matches. If you think otherwise, you've just never played Gears.

Online is far superior and you cant blast ? heads off.

Also has online/offline co-op, a sick Horde mode and a deeper story.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Online is far superior and you cant blast ? heads off.

Also has online/offline co-op, a sick Horde mode and a deeper story.

U2 online has much more depth to it. The vertical/stealth elements make it a much better Multiplayer.

I agree Gears has good offline co-op. That's the best thing about it really. I liked Gears 1, played it with my homie... was good for its time but has not aged well.

Deeper story? ... lol...... you 4 real? I mean you on some next planet and fighting monsters in a war.... Not exactly "deep". Uncharted stories aren't deep but neither is Gears. Uncharted has way better stories, they play out like Hollywood action flicks.

I dont know why you even comparing Uncharted to Gears. That's an insult to Uncharted 2 which took home more awards than any other game ever. Gears is more comparable to MindJack.
  • -Karl-
    edited December 2010
    Options
    U2 online has much more depth to it. The vertical/stealth elements make it a much better Multiplayer.

I agree Gears has good offline co-op. That's the best thing about it really. I liked Gears 1, played it with my homie... was good for its time but has not aged well.

Deeper story? ... lol...... you 4 real? I mean you on some next planet and fighting monsters in a war.... Not exactly "deep". Uncharted stories aren't deep but neither is Gears. Uncharted has way better stories, they play out like Hollywood action flicks.

I dont know why you even comparing Uncharted to Gears. That's an insult to Uncharted 2 which took home more awards than any other game ever. Gears is more comparable to MindJack.

The other guy was comparing them I just commented on it.

I say the story is deeper because it has prequals/books etc.

The Multiplayer is truly boring on U2 though(I have played it). Lame as skeletons running around shooting AKs. rofl.

It is a completely different game though so they cant be compared in all aspects. Gears is just more appealing to me.

I really don't care about awards.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The other guy was comparing them I just commented on it.

I say the story is deeper because it has prequals/books etc.

The Multiplayer is truly boring on U2 though(I have played it). Lame as skeletons running around shooting AKs. rofl.

It is a completely different game though so they cant be compared in all aspects. Gears is just more appealing to me.

I really don't care about awards.

LOL@reading Gears books. Uncharted has comics/prequels as well if you're that into stories.

MP on U2 is great. I dont like the skeletons and it was some minor ? ups here and there (less than MW2 tho) but its dope as hell actually if you learn to play it.

Gears way too slow for me. What is it like 20 frames per second. I think if they tried bumping it up to 30fps it would cause the 360s to blow up. Also unbalanced weapons like the Dawn of Light ? or whatever it was in Gears 1 and then the Shotgun+Roll combo.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Winback birthed Gears.Why Gears look like everything been wiped down with cooking oil? ? all shiny.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    ? of the arcade sticks to his forfeit

well it's nice to know that he made a thread challanging people just for show, as he has no intention of sticking to it

what a shame he's such a ? made ?

Just let it go......