IMG_20111009_174841.jpg
    IMG_20111009_174800.jpg
    IMG_20111005_172238.jpg
    IMG_20111009_174828.jpg
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ^raced one....lost eventually but off the line I had him, he was sitting at the light roasting tires while my AWD makes use of every one of my lesser HP. After about 70 he just blew by me. Dude was so surprised he pulled over and slowed down to let me next to him to ask what my car was. Dude was shocked when I said 240hp VR6 he couldn't believe it. I really dig those chargers except for the forced auto trans.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ill drive this ? into the ground. Can't think of another car I want.

Yeah, I keep my cars for a while too. Had the Mustang for 8 years, this Charger is on another level though. Its crazy its so big and so fast, when people see it they just see it as another Charger until they try me lol.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yeah, I keep my cars for a while too. Had the Mustang for 8 years, this Charger is on another level though. Its crazy its so big and so fast, when people see it they just see it as another Charger until they try me lol.

the exhaust is lovely, dude down the street has one. We both always rev each other up if we pass each other.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I really dig those chargers except for the forced auto trans.

The auto-stick isn't that bad though, I love it. Still let's me feel somewhat in control of the car. I prefer auto's over manuals anyway though.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I also have an Alpine White 2005 Audi S4 340hp V8 but thats got the tiptronic auto so I can't talk total ? about then. I will say it is MUCH better than plain AUTO mode but its just not the same or as fun as a manual. The Audi is for relaxing and serious events anyway so I didn't care, the deal I got was truly too good to pass up.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I like those too, it was one of the cars on my list when I was searching. My criteria was 4 door sporty sedan. the salesman tried to put me in a 2010 CTS-V told him hell no, it was too much car and was at the high end of what i was willing to spend. The Audi was nice but i had to consider if something broke it would have been expensive as hell to fix. Gas mileage wasn't really important so The SRT8 was perfect for me, want to check out the G8 GT too but wasn't any near me at the time.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    with no sense of humor whatsoever, owning the S4 outside of warranty is almost financial suicide.

I had a scare one time thinking my alternator ? the bed when the belt snapped, turns out it was fine. Good thing too because the ? is a $900 liquid cooled alternator. Never heard of that ? before. Blew my ? mind. Anyway, if you need to do ANY moderate/majpr engine servicing its 5hrs work by the book to get the car into "service mode", the car is literally built around that monstrous V8. Only mods I got done to that are KW V3 coilovers and dedicated wheels for both summer and winter.

summer mode...winter is a little higher and same wheels only silver.
    rthymb.jpg
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Damn, sounds like you dodged one lol. Anyway you got some nice rides bro keep doing ya thang. And like i said earlier, if anything I said came across as hating, my fault.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    edited for pics of the S4, thanks breh. Likewise.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    2000 Toyota Camry.
    First car, and it's paid off already.
    Not a bad car for someone my age (18) to own.

357iwk8.jpg
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Only American car I can remember racing was a Rousch Mustang.. There a decent amount of traffic so I was weaving in and out of lanes.. Dude could keep up.. We hit a straight and I had to slow down cuz my exit was coming up and he passed me.. I bet he think he wont that.. LoL.. And Im in a regular 650.. Lucky for him I wasnt in that M6... No disrespect to the American cars.. But give me those German Horses any and everyday...

LOL, so you're on of them guys huh? I like all cars as long as they're nice. you say he was lucky you weren't in the M6, you're lucky he wasn't in the GT500. It goes both ways. You wouldn't happen to know which body style Roush it was you ran do you? Not all Roush Mustangs are created equal. I like them 650's too, there is a black/black one around here with staggered wheels on it thats nice. Dude think his ? don't stank though, I been waiting to catch him on the highway to see what his car can do.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    let's not mention the transmission problems the new Mustangs have.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    To be honest I am not really into Mustangs.. But I believe he was in the V8 GT version.. The engine was real loud.. To be honest.. The 650 is kind of slow.. 0-60 isnt impressive at all.. Its more of a Grand Touring Coupe than a Sports Car.. But it still can get up if you push it hard.. And it handles pretty good... But the balance between comfort and performance is what I was looking for.. Hence the reason i didnt get the M6.. Its not all the time you want to be driving at 5000 rpm.. Sometimes you want to cruise...

My beef with American cars is that as a country there is no reason why we arent kicking the German's, Italians, and the Brits ass when it comes to car building.. We invented the ? for ? 's sake.. For example.. The Camara is MEEAANN!!!!.. On the Outside.. When you sit inside it feels cheap.. Why is it that such a beautiful car doesnt even have navigation standard.. Let alone as an option?.. Its been a while since Ive checked.. But when I got rid of my Range Rover I looked into the Camaro.. And Navigation isnt even a factory option.. That is totally ridiculous and unacceptable.. SMH. I could go on and on about American cars.. We need to do better..

I hear you bro, the american car did get a bad rep in the 90's. But you have to put things into perspective though. Cars come in classes, I don't really care for the Camaro but I'll use as an example since thats what you brought up. What foreign car is competing with it thats a sports car and in its price range? The Eclipse? The Genisis coupe? The 370z? The Camaro ? on them cars in every performance catagory. Now if we talking higher end sports coupes like your 650 the CTS-V Coupe and Corvette come to mind and they have all the features you're looking for And perform just as good if not better. Don't get it twisted though I still think BMW builds a better car but there are american cars in each class that will go toe to toe in every category with its foreign counter part.

I know it seem like I'm caping for american cars, I'm not. If I could have any car I wanted right now it would be the Mercede S65 AMG no questions asked. Thats a bad ass big boy lol.

You name me ANY car company and I'll post tons of issues people have with there cars. Every car company has issues not just american cars.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You name me ANY car company and I'll post tons of issues people have with there cars. Every car company has issues not just american cars.
    Q45T wrote: »
    challenge accepted...show me ANY other car that has the problem like Q45T just posted...I'll wait.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    In actual news related to cars someone here actually owns,

Work Wheels USA just recently contacted a photographer friend of mine to use a picture he took of my car from a car show last year as one of their product examples for my wheels, Work Meister S1 2piece. I'll post up a link once they actually update their product page.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    research it, they totally are. It's actually quite appauling. THIS is why people buy foreign cars.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Im with you Fam.. But lets be honest here.. If you have a choice between a 2012 650 Coupe, Corvette, or the CTS-V.. Ill even throw in the new Benz SL and the Jag XK.. You cant possibly tell me you are going with the Lac or the Vette.. Even if they compete in every category the wow factor just isnt there..

For 1.. The CTS-V looks good from some angles and from others its looks all wrong.. The wheels/wheel wells are entirely too small for that car.. The car should come with 20's standard not the 16's or 17's it comes with.. The Corvette.. Now the Vette is a nice looking vehicle.. But that interior leaves much to be desired.. You sit in a Malibu and you sit in a Vette you really wont see the difference.. And theres my issue with American cars.. The craftsmanship and the use of poor materials needs to stop.. And as the tech leader of the world.. We need to bring these cars up to date.. And standardize a lot of options that you cannot get in some of these cars..

I look at it like this, Weather a car comes with something standard or not the price will even out anyway. Like the 650 may come standard with mor than the other cars but its initial cost is more too. Add those options to the other cars and I think they still may be cheaperthan the 650. But like you said and I agree the build quility just seems better with the foreign cars. It's gonna be hard for the big 3 to shake the rep they have but they are doing it slowly but surely. As an example, I had a 2000 Mustang GT fully loaded for its day, Leather, premium sound system, ect...The new Mustangs are light years ahead at this point. I can't speak on Dodge and GM but Ford is doing good in build quility and features.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    challenge accepted...show me ANY other car that has the problem like Q45T just posted...I'll wait.

http://jalopnik.com/5061221/gt+r-owner-busts-? -using-launch-control-nissan-claims-issue-not-covered-under-warranty

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110805/CARNEWS/110809933

Like I said NO car company is perfect, stop nitpicking to try and make it seem as if american cars are the only ones to have problems
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    research it, they totally are. It's actually quite appauling. THIS is why people buy foreign cars.

What's your excuse gonna be when you buy that new foreign car and something goes wrong with it? Yes some people had problems with their transmissons in their Mustang, what about those Millions of toyotas that had to be recalled for fear of brake failer, or those people scared to Drive their GT-R's like they were meant to be driven out of fear that when they break the transmission Nissan refused to cover it?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

Don't act like some people don't front on here about ? .

I'm sayin tho

all that was posted in here were a couple of 6's

and mofos acting like there is a reason to front in one od the deadest sections of the entire forum

some cats who are posting are really getting money, so why be so ready to assume someone is fronting?
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options
    What's your excuse gonna be when you buy that new foreign car and something goes wrong with it? Yes some people had problems with their transmissons in their Mustang, what about those Millions of toyotas that had to be recalled for fear of brake failer, or those people scared to Drive their GT-R's like they were meant to be driven out of fear that when they break the transmission Nissan refused to cover it?

first off, I don't buy new cars. Worst purchase you can make. You lose money the second you leave the lot.

I buy cars that aren't pieces of ? . I also buy cars that are going to MAKE me money. I could walk away from this car right now well positive NOT break even or even have to roll in a balance to my next car like most people do because they have NO IDEA how to buy a car. They just like to buy what hot.

CASE IN POINT, that CTS-V you were talking about? Those can be had ALL DAY for 40k nowadays. The depreciated like a rock, now all those fools that bought that are ass end up on a car loan just hoping to break even.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited January 2012
    Options

I find it funny that GT-R video showed me nothing about what that Jalopnik article was about...I will admit I did not know very much about this situation but I do know it WAS FIXED. And for the record, the owners signed a waiver on voiding their warranty if they engaged Launch Control and then cause damage, then did JUST THAT and complain? I don't think that's a legit gripe. All the car magazine have heralded this car as one of the greatest advancements in car tech ever and this is what you bring me to compare to a mustang driveshaft FALLING OUT at 135? Really guy?

And as far as the Toyota? its hardly the situation Ford has. Ford PURPOSELY outsourced their transmission and driveshafts to China to become more profitable, THEY CUT CORNERS for a bottomline NOT QUALITY. Ford is ALSO DENYING this problem exists.

You were saying now?
  • wilberdmillz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    first off, I don't buy new cars. Worst purchase you can make. You lose money the second you leave the lot.

I buy cars that aren't pieces of ? . I also buy cars that are going to MAKE me money. I could walk away from this car right now well positive NOT break even or even have to roll in a balance to my next car like most people do because they have NO IDEA how to buy a car. They just like to buy what hot.

CASE IN POINT, that CTS-V you were talking about? Those can be had ALL DAY for 40k nowadays. The depreciated like a rock, now all those fools that bought that are ass end up on a car loan just hoping to break even.

What the hell that got to do with what we were talking about? Stop tryna deflect from the BS ? you said. You acting like American cars are the only ones that has issues and all I said was ALL car companys has had to have recalls because of issues with their cars.

But I'll entertain your new argument just for the hell of it. You are correct, buying new is the worst thing you can do in most cases, MOST cases. If i were to sale the car I have now COULD make a 25% profit but I don't plan on selling anytime soon