edited September 2017
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    RickyRich wrote: »
    Unless you out touching children...then im not rooting for anyone to sit in jail

The guy built the rap record label that ran things in the early 90's....if he turned his life around...im sure he has some gems hidden away that would be able to get released

1. Actively ran with ? goons who ? his engineers and artists.
    2. Started the "rap record label" with vanilla ice and Harry-o's money.
    3. Financially ? his artist and continues to terrorize them decades after they leave the label.
    4. Pretends to be blind in court
    5. Actively pursues his former artists wives and impregnates then.
    6. Ran a 500 million dollar label into the ground.

Nah dude might as well be a predator.

wat bout puffy ?

1. No knowledge of him stealing money to start bad boy
    2. Was actually a manager
    3. Never prentend to be blind in court
    4. Death row been dead. Ten years from now bad boy will still be on top.

Except bad boy wasnt ? before 97...they had a little run and hasnt been ? since then

Death row was a legendary record label, bad boy had 1 act

Yep. This is definitely going in the dumbest things said in the reason

Explain then

Puffy made biggie a star....no one else from bad boy made it to the levels even close to pac, snoop, dre

Shyne was decent but thats about it...lox were ok but overrated...mase or black rob? Lol

Even when death row was weak their roster still had more talent....crooked i, eastwood, kurupt

Nonsense, Faith, Total and 112 both had hits on the R&B charts. Ma$e sold 4x platinum. How can you say they only had 1 artist?

Also, just to add on, Death Row was valued at $500 Million at one point. Seems like a lot of money but thats NOTHING to investment bankers, politicians and Senior record executives (I'm talking about Jimmy Iovine and people on that level). He thought that $500 Million gave him a free pass to do whatever he wanted, but $500M isn't as much money as he thought. It might seem like a lot to you and me, but there's cats walking around with 3X that amount of money that look down at Suge like a pauper with no class.

Because who takes mase seriously as a rapper? He was bubble gum ?

112 and faith were fly by night acts

Im also not talking about what something is worth....more so the quality of work that was released under suges watch, legends came out of that camp...which goes back to the original point...he probably has unreleased gold

This cac really is dumb

From 95 to 98 112, Faith and Total had just many hits as any 3 Deathrow artist and 5 Platinum and 1 Gold album to got with.

Just stop typing you sound like a ? idiot.

That dude says the dumbest ? ...... Bad Boy had Platinum and Gold releases 94-96 but wasnt ? till 97?..lol
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I hope he gets released from jail and gets his life together
    a_list wrote: »
    Unless you out touching children...then im not rooting for anyone to sit in jail

The guy built the rap record label that ran things in the early 90's....if he turned his life around...im sure he has some gems hidden away that would be able to get released

3. Financially ? his artist and continues to terrorize them decades after they leave the label.

wat bout puffy ?

Except bad boy wasnt ? before 97...they had a little run and hasnt been ? since then

Explain then

Puffy made biggie a star....no one else from bad boy made it to the levels even close to pac, snoop, dre

Shyne was decent but thats about it...lox were ok but overrated...mase or black rob? Lol

Even when death row was weak their roster still had more talent....crooked i, eastwood, kurupt

Nonsense, Faith, Total and 112 both had hits on the R&B charts. Ma$e sold 4x platinum. How can you say they only had 1 artist?

Also, just to add on, Death Row was valued at $500 Million at one point. Seems like a lot of money but thats NOTHING to investment bankers, politicians and Senior record executives (I'm talking about Jimmy Iovine and people on that level). He thought that $500 Million gave him a free pass to do whatever he wanted, but $500M isn't as much money as he thought. It might seem like a lot to you and me, but there's cats walking around with 3X that amount of money that look down at Suge like a pauper with no class.

Im also not talking about what something is worth....more so the quality of work that was released under suges watch, legends came out of that camp...which goes back to the original point...he probably has unreleased gold

This cac really is dumb

From 95 to 98 112, Faith and Total had just many hits as any 3 Deathrow artist and 5 Platinum and 1 Gold album to got with.

Total had a platinum and a gold album as well...that dude need to google ? before he start typing....lol

I never said they didnt sell....i dont care about platnium plaques...everyone went platnium in the 90s

The more important thing is....was the quality good? Do people remember or still listen to those albums the way they do ? or all eyez on me....and the answer is no....its not difficult to understand

Theres just some brain dead ppl who cant back up their stance so they try and spin the discussion so they dont look as stupid

Thats like me saying oh the doggfather went 2x platnium.....its not a very good album, so why even bring it up....lazy ass arguements
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

wat bout puffy ?

Explain then

This cac really is dumb

Total had a platinum and a gold album as well...that dude need to google ? before he start typing....lol

I never said they didnt sell....i dont care about platnium plaques...everyone went platnium in the 90s

The more important thing is....was the quality good? Do people remember or still listen to those albums the way they do ? or all eyez on me....and the answer is no....its not difficult to understand

Theres just some brain dead ppl who cant back up their stance so they try and spin the discussion so they dont look as stupid

Firstly,everybody didnt go platinum in the 90s see The Liks, Pharcyde, Masta Ace, Black Moon, Common, and a gang of others that I can name....You said Bad Boy wasnt ? until 97...Now when most people use the term wasnt/aint ? it usually means nobody likes it and nobody supports it...Now its a classic or its not ? ? I gotcha homie...lol...
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

wat bout puffy ?

Explain then

This cac really is dumb

Thats like me saying oh the doggfather went 2x platnium.....its not a very good album, so why even bring it up....lazy ass arguements

Who do you know that bought 112 and Faith's albums in the 90s that doesn't still listen to them?
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daz and Kurrupt were fly by night acts.

Check the sales!

FOHWTBS
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Weazel wrote: »

Check the sales!

FOHWTBS

Did you check the sales?

Faith and 112 were more consistent than Daz and Kurrupt.
  • bck145
    Options

wat bout puffy ?

Explain then

This cac really is dumb

Who do you know that bought 112 and Faith's albums in the 90s that doesn't still listen to them?

I dont know anyone who still listens to them and ive never met a person in real life who ever owned a faith album

• bck145
    Options

Check the sales!

FOHWTBS

Did you check the sales?

Dogg food > any 112 and faith album

Kurupt went on to have a solo classic album
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a tough one for me. The dude is a ? but I’ve gone soft and struggle to wish death upon another man.

I know he belongs in jail though. The man had everything but chose to be an absolute ? .
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    Any if y'all ever met him and chopped it up? Told my story on here B4. Met him on the streets of NYC @ da Source and game me Amy dogs passes to the Bad Boy / Death Row after party @ The Tunnel. Took some flicks and he went inside. Fairy Tales R for kids, approach a man like a man and get treated like one! He's 100 with me!

Yea he gave you some passes but he run down his homie and left him for dead.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Check the sales!

FOHWTBS

Did you check the sales?

Did it go gold?
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

wat bout puffy ?

SMH look at this cac logic
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope he rots in prison or gets the death penalty

wat bout puffy ?

Explain then

This cac really is dumb

I dont know anyone who still listens to them and ive never met a person in real life who ever owned a faith album

No ? cracka. When live in a cul de suc in Kansas you probably ain't meeting people who own a Faith album.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol it's alot of these white boys roaming around on the net. From the suburbs listen to a few Eminem, Tupac and eazy e albums and think they can school actual fans of the genre on the culture. Bck just like them white nerds on YouTube comments that be like "Lil Wayne sucks. My top 5 is Tupac, Eminem eazy e, dr dre and hopsin"..... SMH
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cac said he don’t know anyone that owns a Faith or 112 album. You must hang around muthafuckas that don’t get ? .
  • bck145
    Options

Check the sales!

FOHWTBS

Did you check the sales?

Did it go gold?

Does it matter? Its a great album
  • bck145
    Options
    Lol it's alot of these white boys roaming around on the net. From the suburbs listen to a few Eminem, Tupac and eazy e albums and think they can school actual fans of the genre on the culture. Bck just like them white nerds on YouTube comments that be like "Lil Wayne sucks. My top 5 is Tupac, Eminem eazy e, dr dre and hopsin"..... SMH

Haha same could be said for all the youngins who think wu tang is cool because they found a vintage t shirt at their local thrift....yeah ghostface is a goat
  • bck145
    Options
    Cac said he don’t know anyone that owns a Faith or 112 album. You must hang around muthafuckas that don’t get ? .

I didnt say 112....read before you comment ?

Ive owned 112 albums...but im not stupid enpugh to think they r great albums or that i would still play them

Keep up sober boy
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    duplicate post...
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited September 2017
    Options
    All Revisionism and blind Hate for a Man that has never Effected your life personally aside, Puffy is a bigger snake than Suge could every be all the ? and layers to ? he has been involved with over the years and noone bats an eye because he is so deeply entrenched in the industry he just gets a pass. Hell Jodeci and Mary J Blige ran to Suge to help get them out of deals Puffy had them in.

Most of the Suge hate you kats have is the unhealthy indoctrination of a Media Machine that Sabotaged one of the most Powerful Black Owned Labels to ever exist. It shows you have taken the narrative they wanted to give you to heart rather than actually peeping game and recognizing what has really been happening.

What Deathrow did as a Independently owned entity has not been redone yet closest to do it was Master P and with the nature of Media today that level of Power will never be attainable again. Suge's whole story is a tragedy in large part of his own Creation but the parts that are not is where haters fail to give credit and writeoff what really went down for the Story they saw On MTV News or CNN back in the day...

Nosign. Death Row was owned by Interscope.
    Lol@ Deathrow being independent. That ? was under time Warner music group and interscope. Lol stop it

Do your research Deathrow was distributed by Interscope and than Later Priority huge difference between distribution and actual label ownership which involves foremost the masters amongst other things, a lot of you Kats do not get the basics of the game but have a lot of yak flowing out about it. It is these things that show yalls not only blind hate but overt ignorance for the Industry and how it works further proving the indoctrination you suffer from is deeply ingrained...
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check the sales!

FOHWTBS

Did you check the sales?

Stop acting like a kid, grown man..
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options

I Have always seen both 112 and Faith as Diddy's attempts to recreate Jodeci and Mary J. I dont know anyone with 112 or Faith Albums but I know plenty of Folks With Jodeci and Mary J Blige albums that still regularly play them...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    i want to see dude come out and get his life straight but we know dude to much of a ? up and im sure ? wont let him live the rest of his life in peace just cause
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want Suge to get out and take over ? like 95-96 again.