The Nagging Mom: What the **** is up with women and censorship?

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
Recently there was an article where I called some chick a nagging mom. At the time I was being silly but after really thinking about it...it's incredibly accurate.

For my entire life any time I and the rest of the world really loved something there was a woman trying to take it away or change it.

For starters: C. Dolores Tucker and her activism against Gangsta Rap in 1993

Then a Wall Street Journal article (penned by a woman) denouncing popular anime show Dragon Ball Z in the mid to late 90s.

Parents Councils, though led by a man...technically, tried to take down the WWF in the late 90s. The loudest voices were women.

Women were roundly anti-football, proclaiming the game too dangerous and refused to let their boys play.

#Gamergate began in 2013-2014 led by women who wanted to "end sexism" and "promote inclusion" in video game culture.

And today, the vitriol has moved to comic books, where women are fighting for "inclusion" and "non-sexualized" characters.

What does all these things have in common?
The audience is primarily male, specifically young boys to middle aged men. Then the people who want to change it are women, most of whom aren't even interested in show or culture.

So what's the deal with nagging moms and censorship in the United States?
Why can't women, especially women who have no interest in the subject, leave men and boys alone to have fun?

Why must everything be about you and your likes and wants ladies?
ekil7f64dafz.jpg

j0takho3ni8c.jpg

ixzlg69o5467.jpg

qv7yygsrs6d8.png

Comments

• rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spoil Sports! Smash em and Dash em complaining she doesn't want me to have fun time or action!
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact this question isnt asked more is very disturbing
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gynocentric society.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/ESpvuQjn84Q

Patrice the ? on why females aren't as cool as guys.
  • confucius_says
    confucius_says Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
    It is a small demographic who complain about this stuff. Mostly over protective parents and/or over religious folks. But I would say beware of the anime though. If I had kids, I would have to watch the anime series before I let them watch it. A lot of that anime can be misleading. Some of there stuff is aimed at kids but is not for kids at all. Hell, ? tricks me some times. One moment you watching vampires or monsters fight it out, and the next moment ? gets ? .
  • jono
    edited October 2017
    Options
    it is a small demographic who complain about this stuff. Mostly over protective parents and/or over religious folks. But I would say beware of the anime though. If I had kids, I would have to watch the anime series before I let them watch it. A lot of that anime can be misleading. Some of there stuff is aimed at kids but is not for kids at all. Hell, ? tricks me some times. One moment you watching vampires or monsters fight it out, and the next moment ? gets ? .

True but as the usual they get all the attention. Lately, since gamergate, any woman can couch her nagging in feminism/"inclusion" and claim she was harassed to protect herself from legit criticism..

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Because females are the opposite of fun. It bothers them when men have fun that has nothing to do with them.

This here. Close thread.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Gynocentric society.

Which is what MGTOW been telling muhfuckas about.
  • jono
    Options
    But.. Anime and manga is powerful, look what it did to japan's birthrate.

That ? ain't because of anime and manga though.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

That ? ain't because of anime and manga though.

Japanese chicks aint really all that cute to me to be honest.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the "nagging mom" thing

But yo, anything that takes away from a womans attention is going to be the devil.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No problem with it
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Women feel entitled to the attention of men, so when something gets in the way of that attention they tend to get upset. There have been many times before the resurgence of feminism that I actively attempted to get my ladies interested in video games, anime, or even being "woke," but they expressed more interest in reality tv. Now all of a sudden it's sexist. I just ignore it now.
  • jono
    Options
    That's the crazy thing to me. So much of this ? is fake. I grew up under the impression that ? who read comics, play video games etc were nerds who got no ? and were actively shunned by outsiders.

A movie like the 40 Year Old ? encapsulated this idea. What was the first thing his friends did when they tried to get him some ? ? They wanted to get rid of all his collectibles and nerd stuff because it was ? repellent.

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

But out of nowhere it seems like women care so much now about what guys are doing in games or comics
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

If the United States turned in to Japan where the men were not really caring about dating,marrying and getting women pregnant,American Women would be committing suicide by the thousands from a lack of attention etc.

Um............That ? will never happen and when it does. I dont want to be here.

So............
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    No problem with it

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Wasnt the gamer gate thing about dudes harrassing some woman because her ex kept posting about her?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Wasnt the gamer gate thing about dudes harrassing some woman because her ex kept posting about her?

Gamer gate came out of a lot of things. One thing was this female game developer had this guy she was ? write good reviews for a game she made (which I played and found to be completely unplayable garbage). Another is that people are trying to get game developers to include more ? , trans, and racial minority characters and people are salty af about that
  • jono
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Gamergate was about a lot of things. It's a crazy rabbit hole.

There were multiple women involved and all of them claimed to be harassed.

Initially it was about Zoe Quinn (the story @LUCIEN is talking about) there were other stories as well, like women attacking gamers claiming that gaming is sexist and promotes violence towards women.

At it's core though it was about journalism and whether people who are dating or friends with developers should be giving good reviews of the games they make and other women who were taking money under the table..it was insane.

Quite a few guys did get verbally abusive though, it was baaaaaaaaaaaad