Big K.R.I.T. "4Eva Is A Mighty Long Time" (10/27)

Options

Comments

• southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just give me a quality album.....I’m not expecting more than 30-40k
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't care bout his sales. Give me some more "multi" n "rich dad poor dad" type ? n I'm good. Buying that ? regardless.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He seems to have a solid fan base. With previous sales, I see 40-60k. I just hope the ? don't do no super low numbers like 5k. That would be embarrassing
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    This a double disc so with the new rules he'll likely go gold, platinum if he don't give this ? away for free......

From here on out KRIT should never again give any albums away for free. I know it sounds harsh but labels will never be able to push him to the heights we all know he's capable of it he can't get that one key aspect of business right....

I don't care how good the product is you do not give the work away for free.

Krit isn’t even going to smell 200k
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    He’s selling like 17k
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope its a King Pt. 5 on here
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *prays for vinyl release*
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want the best for him but that was under a flawed but still bigger machine. We shouldn't get our hopes up on that end, and prepare for the trolls

But quality wise there's nothing to doubt
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Hope its a King Pt. 5 on here

I think "Higher Calling" gone pretty much be a King pt5
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Yeah with def jam backing him. He doesn’t have that promo anymore even if that old promo was ? . Y’all need to be realistic
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah i think labels have become obsolete with internet & social media.

Esp for artists with a solid core fanbase

Him promoting his 2 songs on social media plus the lil album promo tease on his youtube/website was just as good as anything Def Jam woulda done.

Idk about streaming to sales ratios but his fanbase will support as they have in the past. Nobody is expecting Kendrick Lamar numbers but around the 40k 1st week mark is what he been gettin and i expect him to stay in that ballpark
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah with def jam backing him. He doesn’t have that promo anymore even if that old promo was ? . Y’all need to be realistic

Sounds like a Kendrick fan to me.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options

Sounds like a Kendrick fan to me.

Sht the ? up. I’m a Krit fan but I’m just being realistic. Nobody Indy is selling unless you already an established artist. I hope for the best for him but cmon now.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Bruh has a point, judging by the singles not yet charting u gotta be realistic, Indy stuff do not move like that unless it come with some novelty hit, I wouldn't b surprised if it do step Brothers numbers which would still have KRIT in a good spot since they eat well

Really this ? shouldn't matter to us tho, I'd love to b wrong about it but, trolls will harp on it more anyway
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap gospel for the soul
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yea man i don't even care about the sales it would just be nice to see him prove the naysayers wrong as far as that goes. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna enjoy the album regardless. What @Sion has said is true tho. The game done changed as far as what counts as sales so it should be easier for him to put up some good #s and he will eventually go gold or plat. G herbo just did 20k his first week and he independent. I feel like KRIT will do much better than that but we'll see.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Yea man i don't even care about the sales it would just be nice to see him prove the naysayers wrong as far as that goes. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna enjoy the album regardless. What @Sion has said is true tho. The game done changed as far as what counts as sales so it should be easier for him to put up some good #s and he will eventually go gold or plat. G herbo just did 20k his first week and he independent. I feel like KRIT will do much better than that but we'll see.

? up how they did Herbo with the Chiraq beat, good to see him come up the way he did tho
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The 27th is about to be lit with music. Krit, Ty Dolla $ign and Majid Jordan all droppin albums. music for all kinds of moods
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    TonyDubbz wrote: »

? up how they did Herbo with the Chiraq beat, good to see him come up the way he did tho

Yea man, im really rootin for Herbo and hope he can keep it up. He said he got 2 more projects that are supposed to drop in the near future too, just hope he don't over do it