The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    Not really feeling the trailer outside of the Smaville scene and Diana on the lady justice statue. Still hyped for the movie and glad that they didn't spoil much.

this ? never likes anything....life just aint for you my ?

latest?cb=20150304020113
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not really feeling the trailer outside of the Smaville scene and Diana on the lady justice statue. Still hyped for the movie and glad that they didn't spoil much.

That trailer didn't really show anything new or have any cohesive rhythm. Footage felt random for most of it. Not much to be excited about. It's not a bad thing cause at least we're not getting the entire movie in the ads but it's a pretty basic trailer. Some of ya get mad hyped over anything. Just an opinion.

Umm,do you know what a movie trailer is or...
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »

That trailer didn't really show anything new or have any cohesive rhythm. Footage felt random for most of it. Not much to be excited about. It's not a bad thing cause at least we're not getting the entire movie in the ads but it's a pretty basic trailer. Some of ya get mad hyped over anything. Just an opinion.

Yes and believe it or not just like movies most trailers have a structure and something to say. This is why "themed trailers" exist. This is why trailer editors have a job. Trailers are suppose to tell a story within themselves when selling a product. For a good example of this see the trailer for Jackie Chan's upcoming movie The Foreigner.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DC is trying to hard to make this movie look cool and funny,especially Aquaman. It looks too lighthearted for a 'world at risk' movie. The JL is smiling way too much during these fight scenes that should be serious. It looks like its geared more so towards kids than having a balance tone...DC needs to bring back that Man of Steel vibe cause the comic relief in DCEU always feels corny or cringe worthy. Wonder Woman was a exception but even those jokes were hit or miss.

Aquaman lands on batmobile and yells out "YEAH!!" like he has a country accent smh... I can already tell this movie isn't gonna age well....

x1kcasfrkn3d.gif

...and this why muthafuccas need to stop overanalyzing ? from just A TRAILER.

Either you gonna see it...or you don't. My gawd...you worrying about his accent?? C'mon man.

Smh.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

Remember when Sion said he wouldn't go see the movie b/c the 1st TEASER trailer didn't show Superman?

fa2yt525dvim.gif

Good times.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a feeling this movie won't be as good as WW was but not as bad BvS..
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Remember when Sion said he wouldn't go see the movie b/c the 1st TEASER trailer didn't show Superman?

fa2yt525dvim.gif

Good times.

When you realize the actor who plays Martian Manhunter is in that clip
  • Broddie
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So much whining and senseless emotions over people's opinions on a damn trailer. Reminds me to just avoid this thread altogether until this movie drops. Actually scratch that. Avoid it altogether. Godspeed.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see any whining or emotions.

I just see jokes.
  • Broddie
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Nah the emotionality of some of these DC dudes is real. No wonder those Marvel boys are always in here trolling. It's too easy to trigger them even when trying to reasonably debate.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah the emotionality of some of these DC dudes is real. No wonder those Marvel boys are always in here trolling. It's too easy to trigger them even when trying to reasonably debate.

Cant agree with the marvel vs dc ? . We're the winners at the end of the day. Never in my childhood would i think we'd see these superhero flicks drop. Now that it has im grateful. Yeah some may not be the best but i still appreciate the effort
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

Cant agree with the marvel vs dc ? . We're the winners at the end of the day. Never in my childhood would i think we'd see these superhero flicks drop. Now that it has im grateful. Yeah some may not be the best but i still appreciate the effort

Exactly.

The fact that these movies are being made...regardless if it's DC or Marvel...is something great we're witnessing.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

well said ? . you hit it on the head. ? act like they get paid for being marvel or dc supporters. Im just glad i get to see the characters i grew up on in live action on the big screen. Who wouldve ever thought?
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aquaman seems right on the money to me. The character is swashbuckling royalty.

Part of the reason a lot of people disliked his hook hand era was he got removed from that and got too serious and broody. The balance left the book for a while even though Peter David did great work.

Everything after that including Geoff Johns helped bring back the true Aquaman spirit though thankfully.

Momoa reminds me of The Brave and The Bold. One of his thrillest incarnations.

https://youtu.be/19ENf36bpco

this is what I got from it too. That overly heroic Brave and the Bold aquaman. I never watched the show but I play the wii game with my son all the time. Thats a great universe they had going.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    In DCTV news Constantine (Voiced By Matt Ryan) Animated show on CW Seed comes out in January

Matt Ryan’s Constantine also confirmed to appear in a exorcism episode of Legends of Tomorrow this season.

that constantine episode was the one bright spot in that horrid Arrow season
  • Broddie
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Why do you even go on forums if not for conversation and self expression in 2017? To look at pictures and post memes?

Might as well stick to Snapchat.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wasn't feeling the trailer...it still has the Snyder smell to it. Different from Wonder Woman.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That trailer didn't really show anything new or have any cohesive rhythm. Footage felt random for most of it. Not much to be excited about. It's not a bad thing causeat least we're not getting the entire movie in the ads
    but it's a pretty basic trailer. Some of ya get mad hyped over anything. Just an opinion.

*cough* thor ragnarok *cough*
  • Broddie
    Options
    I wasn't feeling the trailer...it still has the Snyder smell to it. Different from Wonder Woman.

Some of the green screen work was off putting. But they still got like 5 weeks left of post production work so I let it slide.
  • Broddie
    Options
    The ladies are already going crazy over Cavill, Ezra and Momoa. Posting them all over their social media and ?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I really like Cavill as supes, after flash point hopefully he is still supes. Casting is perfect for the whole universe.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I really like Cavill as supes, after flash point hopefully he is still supes. Casting is perfect for the whole universe.

Superman doesn't exist in flashpoint
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Superman doesn't exist in flashpoint

yes he does but he's was discovered by nasa or some ? and held underground in a military base where they kept him for study. he didn't get any yellow sunling for all those years so he was malnourished.