Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmao @ change tax law. Ain't you the ? president who are you talking to

To a majority Republican Congress that can't get ? done lol

John McCain has beef with 45
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    Had my first interaction with a cac (I don't think I ever used that term but it applies here lol) who didn't share my views about this issue at work...obviously I've seen the the comments and the news and ? so I know ppl that think like that exist but I ain't never heard it irl.

Same scripted ?
    - get politics out of sports
    - why didn't they do this in the offseason
    - I don't like how they're protesting
    - they're taking up my time
    - crying about military as if military owns the ? flag

I was waiting for what about Chicago lol

Dude actually did make a good point about just taking the grandstanding if the anthem away like they used to and removing ads and with the current breast cancer month movement...so at least he's consistent about totally wanting no politics in sports. But still. All that ? was verbal white privilege. My white homie checked the ? outa him on every point made tho I just sat there and watched lol

I had the same thing with a person at my job and he brought up all the Kaepernick can’t play theory I shut that ? down by countering his points with facts. And the thing is he exposed himself and he was a cool before this.

Lmao I hate that ? they be coming like they kicking facts not realizing they using them same regurgitated ass talking points.

Dude at my job was looking for an argument cuz he just came outa nowhere like "hey did you guys see pence leaving the stadium" I was like "yea I saw that fake ass ? " and kept talking to my other coworker...lol. he aint take the hint nobody was tryna go there with him cuz he's conservative so we already where it was going.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Didn't the NFL give up its tax exempt status 2 years ago?
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    Had my first interaction with a cac (I don't think I ever used that term but it applies here lol) who didn't share my views about this issue at work...obviously I've seen the the comments and the news and ? so I know ppl that think like that exist but I ain't never heard it irl.

Same scripted ?
    - get politics out of sports
    - why didn't they do this in the offseason
    - I don't like how they're protesting
    - they're taking up my time
    - crying about military as if military owns the ? flag

I was waiting for what about Chicago lol

Dude actually did make a good point about just taking the grandstanding if the anthem away like they used to and removing ads and with the current breast cancer month movement...so at least he's consistent about totally wanting no politics in sports. But still. All that ? was verbal white privilege. My white homie checked the ? outa him on every point made tho I just sat there and watched lol

I had the same thing with a person at my job and he brought up all the Kaepernick can’t play theory I shut that ? down by countering his points with facts. And the thing is he exposed himself and he was a cool before this.

Lmao I hate that ? they be coming like they kicking facts not realizing they using them same regurgitated ass talking points.

Dude at my job was looking for an argument cuz he just came outa nowhere like "hey did you guys see pence leaving the stadium" I was like "yea I saw that fake ass ? " and kept talking to my other coworker...lol. he aint take the hint nobody was tryna go there with him cuz he's conservative so we already where it was going.

At my job most of them don’t speak on it, it came up because he wanted me to come kick it. I told him I’m not watching until Kaep is signed. He said what everyone else is saying about Kaep. He repeated what they said about standing for the flag, “do it on your own time”, “you disrespecting the military”. Just talking in circles because I’m supposed to stand. But if it was vet kneeling, he has right to do as he pleases because he served. Smh
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Cain wrote: »

blackrain wrote: »

Didn't the NFL give up its tax exempt status 2 years ago?

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that brice ? on the cowboys needs his ass whipped
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@2stepz_ahead

What happened?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackPride died in the late 70's smh
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

@2stepz_ahead

What happened?

He basically reiterated the company line of "it doesn't effect me"....
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At This point aint no way in hell anyone signs kap, there was barely a chance then, but now that trump opended his ? mouth and brought it to the limelight again aint nobody at this point gonna bring in the man that started it all
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2017/10/roger-goodell-sends-letter-to-teams-essentially-saying-they-are-about-to-force-players-to-stand-for-anthem/

SI-Cover-Goodell.jpg

The NFL is about to get on their knees for Donald Trump.

Donald Trump said there should be a policy in place to force players to stand for anthem. Jerry Jones and other owners have already started the process of threatening the players.

Now, Roger Goodell who works for the owners has sent a letter to teams letting them know they are about to put a concrete policy in place.

Here is the key part of the letter.

Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem. It is an important moment in our game. We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us. We also care deeply about our players and respect their opinions and concerns about critical social issues. The controversy over the Anthem is a barrier to having honest conversations and making real progress on the underlying issues. We need to move past this controversy, and we want to do that together with our players.

NFL players are seen as property to the NFL owners and when property speaks out too much it has to be silenced. That is what is happening now and it will only make Trump’s racist supporters stronger.

To: Chief Executives/ Club Presidents
    Date: October 10, 2017
    Re: Fall Meeting/National Anthem

We live in a country that can feel very divided. Sports, and especially the NFL, brings people together and lets them set aside those divisions, at least for a few hours. The current dispute over the National Anthem is threatening to erode the unifying power of our game, and is now dividing us, and our players, from many fans across the country.

I’m very proud of our players and owners who have done the hard work over the past year to listen, understand and attempt to address the underlying issues within their communities. At our September committee meetings, we heard directly from several players about why these issues are so important to them and how we can support their work. And last week, we met with the leadership of the NFLPA and more players to advance the dialogue.

Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem. It is an important moment in our game. We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us. We also care deeply about our players and respect their opinions and concerns about critical social issues. The controversy over the Anthem is a barrier to having honest conversations and making real progress on the underlying issues. We need to move past this controversy, and we want to do that together with our players.

Building on many discussions with clubs and players, we have worked to develop a plan that we will review with you at next week’s League meeting. This would include such elements as an in-season platform to promote the work of our players on these core issues, and that will help to promote positive change in our country. We want to ensure that any work at the League level is consistent with the work that each club is doing in its own community, and that we dedicate a platform that can enable these initiatives to succeed. Additionally, we will continue the unprecedented dialogue with our players.

I expect and look forward to a full and open discussion of these issues when we meet next week in New York. Everyone involved in the game needs to come together on a path forward to continue to be a force for good within our communities, protect the game, and preserve our relationship with fans throughout the country. The NFL is at its best when we ourselves are unified. In that spirit, let’s resolve that next week we will meet this challenge in a unified and positive way.

The NFL better protest and not play the rest of the season, but we know some of these guys ain't about that life.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems clear to me that given Jones heavy-handed tactics, all the black Cowboy players have to take a knee during the anthem of the next game. If they are all told that they can't play, Dallas won't be able field a team. If the game doesn't go on, they should all still try to get paid, and they should go to court if they have to. After all, they were ready, willing and able to play.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This remind me of the times when my siblings & I were young & our parents used to snatch us up in public, if we was acting bad. Jerry Jones is treating grown ass men like kids. Publicly belittled them in the media.
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems clear to me that given Jones heavy-handed tactics, all the black Cowboy players have to take a knee during the anthem of the next game. If they are all told that they can't play, Dallas won't be able field a team. If the game doesn't go on, they should all still try to get paid, and they should go to court if they have to. After all, they were ready, willing and able to play.

This should be what happens. But I think we all know it won’t.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bro u gotta better chance winnin the lottery than that happining
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/354763-naacp-cowboys-owners-comments-a-public-commitment-to-violate-players
    NAACP: Cowboys owner violating players' rights

The NAACP on Tuesday condemned Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones's decision not to allow his team's players from taking the field if they kneel in protest during the national anthem.

"Jerry Jones’ comments are more than tone-deaf, more than misinformed and misguided — they are a public commitment by an NFL owner to violate his players’ Constitutional right to free speech," Tony Covington, a former NFL safety and the NAACP's senior director of corporate affairs, said in the group's statement.

“This is not an issue about our flag, this is an issue about police brutality, (racism, and the ability of members of the NFL whose communities are disproportionately impacted by police misconduct to peacefully say enough,” added NAACP interim President and CEO Derrick Johnson.

Jones took a hard stance on the controversial protests on Sunday, saying that any team member who is "disrespectful to the flag" will not be allowed to play in games, and added that the National Football League should not withstand such disrespect either.

The Cowboys owner's comments echoed those of President Trump, who has called on the NFL to fire or suspend players found to be "disrespecting our Flag & Country."

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick began kneeling during the national anthem before games last year, a move that many NFL teams and players emulated this year to protest racial injustice and police brutality.

“This is not simply a Black issue due to the number of white people also killed by police, but we know historically that when justice occurs for African Americans, all other members of our society benefit as well,” said Johnson.

The NAACP also said in the statement that it had asked for a meeting with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to "determine how he can best protect his players," following his statement Tuesday that “everyone should stand for the National Anthem" at NFL games, including the players.

The White House on Tuesday applauded reports that the NFL is considering changing its rules to force players to stand for "The Star-Spangled Banner."

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder what would happen if black ppl changed the narrative like CACs do...
    Everybody kneel this week to mourn the lives lost in Vegas...

Then watch the media try n spin that smh