Is "Snitching" To Get A Lighter Sentence Keeping It Real?

Options

Comments

• Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Snitchlansky

Lmao.

I did all dirt by myself.

If you really outside, it’s impossible to do all dirt all alone. At some point there are more hands than yours.

I wasn’t hustling but some foul ? I did do.

Feel bad about it. But that’s shitbwas my early dumb 20s.

Was they askin for it?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This a freepost thread
    j8I3dO.gif
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snitchlansky

Lmao.

I did all dirt by myself.

If you really outside, it’s impossible to do all dirt all alone. At some point there are more hands than yours.

I wasn’t hustling but some foul ? I did do.

Feel bad about it. But that’s shitbwas my early dumb 20s.

Was they askin for it?

How would I know.

But I was hungry and rent was due.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Just to add on

I grew up in the suburbs with both parents. A lot of people didn't have that luxury growing up. They come from broken homes with no parents, being raised by an aunt or a grandmother. A lot of kids that grow up in the ghetto never had their own bedroom. They had to share a room with brothers and/or cousins, in some cases poor kids from the ghetto sleep on the couch or on the floor.

They grow up in an environment where the adults don't work and collect SSI or SSD checks. On food stamps, welfare and section 8 housing. When they grow up around adults that don't work their perception of reality is skewed. When they get your first job at 16 years old they have a difficult time taking orders from their boss. They don't want to be told what to do because in their world, thats being a sucker.

When these kids go to jail its not that bad because they grew up in hell. They get 3 hots and a cot. They don't think jail is that bad because they never had a stable environment in the first place. The clinical term is: Institutionalized. Basically it means they had no structure growing up and jail provides them with the structure they never had. A person that grew up in a broken home might say that serving a 20 year sentence is no big deal, while a person that grew up in a middle class home with working parents thinks that 20 years in prison is the worst thing they could imagine.

My point is that people who say they'd never snitch and they'd rather serve 20 years than snitch on their homies are institutionalized in the first place. They never had a chance of living a normal life and became a statistic. And they know this so they go back and forth to prison because it makes sense to them. Working for the whiteman doesn't make sense and in many cases they never finish school (I mean high school) so the jobs that are available to them are few and far between.

Anyway, be leery of a person who says they'd never snitch. A lot of those people are institutionalized and can't make it on the outside so they'd rather be in prison anyway.

Giving up an additional 15 years of your life to "keep it real" is absurd to me.

I think its more "real" to snitch to get your sentence reduced.

I actually factually wanted to hate on this post but there are actually some valid points here. Had to think about it while decided on whether or not I was gonna even reply to this ? in the first place.

I've grown up with the very kids being talked about here. Kids that had to live with their grandparents 'cause their birth parents weren't ? and refused to take care of them, but would come around on holidays and birthdays. Kids that came up in the projects with nothing but government cheese and food stamps to feed them. I've seen kids go in and out of juvie for the very same reasons you're talking about and those kids grow up to be men that can't take direction unless it's barked at them under threat of being put back in the hole.

Yes those people exist, and they're institutionalized from jump.

however...

Many kids brought up in those same conditions also come out the other side without those issues. They come out with the attitude like "These streets ain't gonna claim me" and bust their ass to get out of the hood and on to something better in life. I've known kids that were raised by their grandparents that made something of themselves, never once ending up on the wrong side of the law. I knew kids that came from severely broken homes that now have great lives.

There's always at least two sides to a given situation. Growing up the way you described doesn't always result in a path to prison.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be in that police station singing like a mf but then again I'm not doing no ? ? like robbing a bank in the first place
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    If you did the crime then eat YOUR time. You don't need a terms & agreement to understand the life that you are getting into.

That’s the point though.

That life has no rules. Honor amongst thieves is stupid as ? .
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    If you did the crime then eat YOUR time. You don't need a terms & agreement to understand the life that you are getting into.

That’s the point though.

That life has no rules. Honor amongst thieves is stupid as ? .

^^^Dont take him on the lick^^^

When you get in the life you do it for yourself. You’re not doing for your friend. So it’s a dog eat dog world

^^^ This is basically what it comes down to.

Its easy to sit behind a computer screen and say you'd never snitch.

But when the detectives are interrogating you and they have your DNA (on the inside of the gloves you used), a video tape and the marked bills are in your possession then snitching seems like a really simple solution to your problems.

But as you sit behind a computer screen and respond to my post, "no snitching" is the phrase that pays.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    I'll be in that police station singing like a mf but then again I'm not doing no ? ? like robbing a bank in the first place

Robbing a bank isn't anywhere near as stupid as robbing a convenient store.

I've always thought bank robbers are at the top of the totem pole while purse snatchers, chain snatchers and convenient store robbers are at the bottom.

Think about it, if you rob a convenient store you'll be lucky to get a couple of hundred dollars. If you rob a bank you could get hundreds of thousands of dollars if you do it right.

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody in this thread talking that "I ain't snitching" ? must have never watched The First 48. As soon as they get you in the room ? will snitch on their momma to walk out the station free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itz4o7e7y8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMlEIyJZEr0

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I don't know. I don't proclaim to be the most gangster guy but I've been in situations where I could have ratted and been in several situations where some people could have ratted on me, but neither happened.

I've also seen suspected snitches get out of jail and immediately get killed.

One of my best friends been locked up since 07 ? round with new ? he linked up wit over in Indianapolis. It's all online in court documents how the rat was doing "controlled buys" from him and the police straight up told him his partner snitching on him but he swore to the police they was lying (trying to get him to incriminate his partner)......I guess how he was raised around us had him thinking his partner wouldn't be undercover (to get outta his own jam) but nope. He was about to beat his ass in court when the rat actually took the stand. Judas ? .

I don't know. Again how and where I was raised that type of ? was just out of the question. It wasn't even so much the fear of what was gonna happen if I did snitch (which the repercussions of are a very real thing) as much as it was its just not what we do (moral code).....but different ppl cut from different cloth I guess. I'm just glad those days of doing dumb risky ? are behind.

Edit: to add....
    That paperwork will follow you. In jail. Out of jail.
    And ppl know ppl including ppl who have aunts and uncles, exes, who are cops, clerks, COs, etc who will give you the drop on ppl. One might snitch and get a lighter sentence but I'd imagine you'd live a paranoid life not worth living looking over your shoulder.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    I don't know. I don't proclaim to be the most gangster guy but I've been in situations where I could have ratted and been in several situations where some people could have ratted on me, but neither happened.

One of my best friends been locked up since 07 ? round with new ? he linked up wit over in Indianapolis. It's all online in court documents how the rat was doing "controlled buys" from him and the police straight up told him his partner snitching on him but he swore to the police they was lying (trying to get him to incriminate his partner)......I guess how he was raised around us had him thinking his partner wouldn't be undercover (to get outta his own jam) but nope. He was about to beat his ass in court when the rat actually took the stand. Judas ? .

I don't know. Again how and where I was raised that type of ? was just out of the question. It's not even so much the fear of what's gonna happen if I snitch (a very real thing) as much as it is it's just not what we do (moral code).....but different ppl cut from different cloth I guess. I'm just glad those days of doing dumb risky ? are behind.

Yeah I can think of a rapper that was down with Dipset who was sentenced to 75 years in prison. Then somehow his sentence was reduced to two years. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how he got that 75 year sentence reduced.

75 years is no joke.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personal accountability... yall sounding like punks and kids .. if i did it i have to man up and not bring someone else down with me.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Personal accountability... yall sounding like punks and kids .. if i did it i have to man up and not bring someone else down with me.

Thats a very pragmatic thing to say. But when your facing a long jail sentence, the most pragmatic thing you can do is snitch.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he's white I'm telling!!!
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know. Again how and where I was raised that type of ? was just out of the question. It's not even so much the fear of what's gonna happen if I snitch (a very real thing) as much as it is it's just not what we do (moral code).....but different ppl cut from different cloth I guess. I'm just glad those days of doing dumb risky ? are behind.

Yeah I can think of a rapper that was down with Dipset who was sentenced to 75 years in prison. Then somehow his sentence was reduced to two years. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how he got that 75 year sentence reduced.

75 years is no joke.

The chick who robbed dude snitched on Max. He didn't ? no one. Who he gone snitch on? 75 for planning a robbery is crazy. And that he'll be out in 2 comes up every now and then. Believe when he back on these streets
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol just said be leery of the person who say they never snitched. Nah. Be leery of the person who claim to be down with you when robbing, then turn they back and snitch you out for a lighter sentence.

There comes a point when it's either you or me.

I'm sorry but it's not gonna be me.

s7bnh8ti9bjr.gif
  • freethewave
    Options
    @5grand

Would you snitch on a family member?
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    @5grand

My definition of the word "snitch" is ratting out your partner to get a lesser sentence.

Here's two examples:

1. Me and my partner rob a bank. I get caught and he gets away. The detectives and the District Attorney are telling me that if I give up my partner I'll get a reduced sentence. If I give up my partner - thats snitching.

2. I'm in the convenient store looking for something. Somebody with a ski mask rushes in the convenient store and sticks the place up. He doesn't see me because I'm in the back in one of the aisles, but I can see the whole thing. I recognize him because he's wearing a certain brand of Jordans that I know he owns. I recognize his voice and his build. I know who did it and I have no connections to him or the crime. If I call the police and leave an anonymous tip - thats not snitching. Even if I testify in court thats not snitching because I had nothing to do with the robbery.

So would I snitch on a family member?

In the first scenario I'd probably snitch because I'm not trying to do a long prison sentence.

In the second scenario I'd tell the police what I know because if thats my family member and he's sticking up convenient stores, he needs to get off the street. Maybe prison would be better for him.

@freethewave would you snitch on a family member?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at being a stand up guy while committing non-stand up acts.

Do your own dirt. It’s always better that way.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

Thats a very pragmatic thing to say. But when your facing a long jail sentence, the most pragmatic thing you can do is snitch.

Lol what??

The most pragmatic thing to do is not do the crime and or not get caught. Telling on your people because you don't want the charge is snitching. If you're not built for the repercussions then stay out of the game all together.

You're absolutely right. You shouldn't do the crime in the first place.

But when the detective has you in the interrogating room, what are you going to do?

kbzikyqb7wte.gif
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaooooo This cat crazy as hell...Whewwww
  • freethewave
    Options
    @5grand

My definition of the word "snitch" is ratting out your partner to get a lesser sentence.

Here's two examples:

1. Me and my partner rob a bank. I get caught and he gets away. The detectives and the District Attorney are telling me that if I give up my partner I'll get a reduced sentence. If I give up my partner - thats snitching.

2. I'm in the convenient store looking for something. Somebody with a ski mask rushes in the convenient store and sticks the place up. He doesn't see me because I'm in the back in one of the aisles, but I can see the whole thing. I recognize him because he's wearing a certain brand of Jordans that I know he owns. I recognize his voice and his build. I know who did it and I have no connections to him or the crime. If I call the police and leave an anonymous tip - thats not snitching. Even if I testify in court thats not snitching because I had nothing to do with the robbery.

So would I snitch on a family member?

In the first scenario I'd probably snitch because I'm not trying to do a long prison sentence.

In the second scenario I'd tell the police what I know because if thats my family member and he's sticking up convenient stores, he needs to get off the street. Maybe prison would be better for him.

@freethewave would you snitch on a family member?

Nah man. I wouldn't tell.? is wrong with you.Fam, friend or stranger

• playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a question. .. you ridin in a whip wit so called friends get pulled ova and find out tha vehicle is stolen. .. you catchin that gta charge wit ya friends.. or are you snitchin?
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a question. .. you ridin in a whip wit so called friends get pulled ova and find out tha vehicle is stolen. .. you catchin that gta charge wit ya friends.. or are you snitchin?

They going to take that charge. I'm not taking no one's charge
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol just said be leery of the person who say they never snitched. Nah. Be leery of the person who claim to be down with you when robbing, then turn they back and snitch you out for a lighter sentence.

There comes a point when it's either you or me.

I'm sorry but it's not gonna be me.

Well at least this ? is honest lmao
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats why I mind my business. Can't tell wtf I dont know.

"Turf rumor has it you told police I was selling dope"

Turf: ? I didn't even know you sold dope. I'm getting the ? outta here. Y'all know I'm on papers.