Does Eminem Have The White Privilege To Say Things That Jay, Nas, etc. Can't Say?

Options
2»

Comments

• Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The freestyle was wack, dated, and he said nothing that hasnt already been said.

And I can say Em is in my top 5 D.O A.

I wasnt impressed. But then again, i wasnt impressed with "Rap ? ."

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall missed the point. Eminem’s white privilege is the soul reason the freestyle is so powerful. He fully knows that and so should we.

If more prominent whites came out and denounced Trump, you may actually get somewhere in getting rid of him.

This shirt perfectly captures the problems a billionaire like Jay has sending a message compared to when Em can send a message.
    2ubkm4uj2tfv.jpeg
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And Trump isn’t as rich as you think he is. He owes a lot of money to Russian banks.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Wh*te people like Em .......
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This aint nothing new to hip hop fans. Its just when Em does it, non hip hop fans listen too.

"So ? Bill and Hillary, Ice Cube it aint no killing me" - This was said in wanna say 94, but it coulda been 93.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Yall missed the point. Eminem’s white privilege is the soul reason the freestyle is so powerful. He fully knows that and so should we.

If more prominent whites came out and denounced Trump, you may actually get somewhere in getting rid of him.

This shirt perfectly captures the problems a billionaire like Jay has sending a message compared to when Em can send a message.
    2ubkm4uj2tfv.jpeg

what's up with these fading hairlines tho
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »

You have sipped yourself ?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who gives a ? how idolized he is and by whom, he stood up to say something. Isn't that what everyone always wanted? When it came down to it, everyone ? about Iggy, Em, or whoever else bc they don't use their white privilege to say ? . But as soon as one does, everyone downplays it. Stop.

Em has always had respect for the culture of hip hop. He gives the knowledge often in his rhymes and interviews. He studies and understands the complexity of being an emcee. He isn't a culture vulture. This dude grew up in it. He isn't a fake or hack. He isn't an Iggy or Vanilla Ice. Those were culture vultures who were created by the studios for a money grab. That's why they didn't speak out. Eminem always has and currently the racial tensions are high, I think it's only proper he speaks out without anyone holding ? against him. He's a dope rapper with ? content, get over it and respect the ? .

Because, yes, he is using his white privilege. Everyone knows this. Whites hear and see him differently. His skin, no matter opinion, matches theirs and they trust him. Whether you like that reality or not doesn't matter. Whether they're racist or not doesn't matter. What matters is his voice reaches them in a way no one else's does.

If you can state eminems music doesn't reach out to you like that, because you cannot relate, then why can they not view it the same way? Music should somewhat be relatable to you, especially if you're following them to buy every album.

Anyway,

If he can use his platform to state the obvious to some ? idiots, then so be it. I don't understand why it's such a big deal. It's being blown up way outta proportion because you feel giving him props some how makes you a fan or makes you agree w past things he's said. No. It doesn't.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt watch em and frankly don't care.

Nipsey already said enough of a message as far as I'm concerned for hip hop.

Nobody is listening to Nipsey though.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I look at it like this ...... Jay has more endorsements and business dealings with some who may very well be 45 supporters. So He has to keep it politically correct if he says anything and not mess up his business

Em really has no endorsements or huge business deals ...... He does have Iovine who has power and influence ...... that I believe has kept Em from any real trouble from the things he says ....... except that one time with the ? . After hugging up on Elton John he was good lol
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get why people are worried about who did what first we need everyone to be saying something. This is something we need every race to speak on.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No but his privlege allows for his message to be disseminated faster, and wider..that not a bad thing.. in this case because it will make waves and resonate more. This is bigger than what another white superstar in the NFL woudl do because he is explicit doesnt hold back and is direct.. its necessary this is acceptable use of white privilege.. hes the biggest white supersar this side of taylor swift
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    That freestyle was wack and will have no impact except some crazy Trump fans now hate Em and some black fans who use to dislike him now love him.

And the white privilege point is ? . Different black/white rappers/celebs diss Trump. Em made bid news cause he a big artist
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »

And nobody likes KB the Wackrapper so what's your point.
This discussion has been closed.