The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »

Somebody @ Morgan, ask him how that ? was in the building ?

You do it ? haha lazy ? !

Lmaooo bruh I can't think of his name for ?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Saturday can't get here fast enough.

There it go

Speak on it ? !!!! How it look in the building ?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can’t wait for Thurman to shut u ? up
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Crawford>everybody at 147

@perspective@100

Another once per 3 months coming out the woodworks ? haha

I lurk and talk ? in my mind... its like meditation
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There it go

LLS it was good in and out the building. Outside just heard folks talking about the fights excited for the nights events.

Inside was good to folks was really into the Hurd vs Trout fight. Turned out to be the best fight of the night. Hurd brought a really good amount of folks up to NY to show him some support. That is going to go a long way for him at the negotiating table cause he fills up seats.

There were 2 fights in the crowd. The first fight broke out after Charlo ? Lubin up.

Then a nice minute after ? had calmed all the way down. One of the Charlo's and his team were walking around the ring. Where the fighters made there way to the ring was a large section of Hurd family and friends. So since Charlo called out Hurd after his fight. When Charlo and his people got right there what I personally saw. The Charlo team stopped right there. Some ? was being talked back and forth between Charlo and his team and some of the folks that came up there for Hurd. Next thing I saw was Hurd folks got punched, he swung back ASAP, then somebody else from Charlo team punched the same dude in the face. So he got punched in the face twice it looked like I know the 2nd person who swung punch landed though. Then they got to scrapping a nice lil bit.

Then people started standing up and running over there. So I just went back to looking at the Lara vs. Gausha fight. ? wasn't none of my business.

When I walked into the Barclays and went to my section I saw they had the showtime broadcast table right behind my section.

Spence, Wilder, Broner and Thurman all walked down the aisle in my section just on the opposite side of my row.

Broner star has faded and is falling fast. People mobbed and really wanted pics with Spence, Wilder and Thurman(in that order). Folks took pics with Broner but he wasn't mobbed the way the other fighters were.

All in all it was a good night even though I was highly disappointed with Lubin getting KO'ed in the 1st round.

Cropped the bottom of the pic so yall wouldn't have to see the top part of this bald headed clown in the pic
    1xr22v.jpg

Good ?

Glad you enjoyed your self
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There it go

LLS it was good in and out the building. Outside just heard folks talking about the fights excited for the nights events.

Inside was good to folks was really into the Hurd vs Trout fight. Turned out to be the best fight of the night. Hurd brought a really good amount of folks up to NY to show him some support. That is going to go a long way for him at the negotiating table cause he fills up seats.

There were 2 fights in the crowd. The first fight broke out after Charlo ? Lubin up.

Then a nice minute after ? had calmed all the way down. One of the Charlo's and his team were walking around the ring. Where the fighters made there way to the ring was a large section of Hurd family and friends. So since Charlo called out Hurd after his fight. When Charlo and his people got right there what I personally saw. The Charlo team stopped right there. Some ? was being talked back and forth between Charlo and his team and some of the folks that came up there for Hurd. Next thing I saw was Hurd folks got punched, he swung back ASAP, then somebody else from Charlo team punched the same dude in the face. So he got punched in the face twice it looked like I know the 2nd person who swung punch landed though. Then they got to scrapping a nice lil bit.

Then people started standing up and running over there. So I just went back to looking at the Lara vs. Gausha fight. ? wasn't none of my business.

When I walked into the Barclays and went to my section I saw they had the showtime broadcast table right behind my section.

Spence, Wilder, Broner and Thurman all walked down the aisle in my section just on the opposite side of my row.

Broner star has faded and is falling fast. People mobbed and really wanted pics with Spence, Wilder and Thurman(in that order). Folks took pics with Broner but he wasn't mobbed the way the other fighters were.

All in all it was a good night even though I was highly disappointed with Lubin getting KO'ed in the 1st round.

Cropped the bottom of the pic so yall wouldn't have to see the top part of this bald headed clown in the pic
    1xr22v.jpg

Good ?

Glad you enjoyed your self

Thanks, I'm glad too.

Honestly though its going to have to be a great card from top to bottom for me to go actually pay to see Lara fight EVER again.

I love boxing from technical chess matches to all out back room brawling. The ? Lara be on though is just ? horrible.

If they have Spence vs Peterson back up there in January my plan is to be back up there again.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What yall think about Tevin Farmer?

https://youtu.be/oxb3cKEqiOk

I know he was supposed to fight Tank, but doesn't want the fight now that Tank got stripped of his title.

Who you think would have won?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/showtime-viewership-went-down-during-lara-gausha-main-event--121529
    Showtime Viewership Went Down During Lara-Gausha Main Event
    By Keith Idec

Television viewers reacted the same way to the Erislandy Lara-Terrell Gausha fight Saturday night as fans in attendance.

Showtime’s viewership went down during Lara’s mundane, 12-round win against Gausha, a rarity for a main event of a premium-cable broadcast. According to ratings released Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research, Lara’s unanimous-decision victory over Gausha peaked at 476,000 viewers and averaged 399,000.

Immediately before Lara-Gausha, the second fight of Showtime’s 154-pound championships tripleheader from Brooklyn’s Barclays Center – Jermell Charlo’s spectacular one-punch, first-round knockout of Erickson Lubin – peaked at 537,000 viewers. The Charlo-Lubin bout, which lasted just two minutes and 41 seconds, averaged 495,000 viewers.

The opener of Showtime’s telecast, Jarrett Hurd’s action-packed technical knockout of Austin Trout, drew Showtime’s biggest audience of the night when it peaked at 555,000 viewers. The Hurd-Trout bout drew an average viewership of 430,000.

Before the broadcast began, many fans and media wondered why Lara’s fight against the unbeaten but unproven Gausha was the main event over the highly anticipated bout between Charlo (30-0, 15 KOs), the WBC super welterweight champion, and Lubin (18-1, 13 KOs), Charlo’s mandatory challenger. Though it didn’t last long, Charlo-Lubin provided a stunning, exciting ending.

The Hurd-Trout fight was full of entertaining exchanges before the bigger, stronger, younger Hurd eventually wore down Trout in Hurd’s first defense of the IBF junior middleweight championship. Hurd (21-0, 15 KOs) became the first fighter to beat Trout (30-4, 17 KOs) by knockout or technical knockout when a ringside physician stopped their scheduled 12-rounder following the 10th round.

After two satisfying fights, many of those left in the Barclays Center crowd voiced their displeasure with the lack of action in Lara-Gausha. Lara (25-2-2, 14 KOs), the WBA/IBO super welterweight champion, dropped Gausha (20-1, 9 KOs) in the fourth round, but seemed content thereafter to box his way to relatively easy victory against a cautious opponent who mostly was unwilling to engage.

Noticeable numbers of fans filed out of Barclays Center following several uneventful rounds between Lara-Gasha. A chant of, ‘This is boring!’ broke out in the ninth round as well.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Joshua starting to get on my nerves with all this bumpin' of the gums, yet doing everything he can to not have to fight Wilder. Hoe ? if you ask me. He saying Wilder should move on without talking ? from Ortiz poppin' positive for a banned substance. He forget that's 3 fighters in a row who was cheatin'.

I wonder if he'd say the same if his last 3 potential opponents were all taking banned substances to help beat him. Plus, the logical opponent after Pulev pulled out would have been a rematch with Whyte, who was already on the undercard. Instead you target a ? who ain't been training and took the fight on 3 weeks notice. Hoe ? .
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    boxing full of fuckshit and explinations to why guys shouldn't fight smh
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Then dont watch my ? , dont watch
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-coach-charlo-you-kod-? -wait-your-turn--121621
    Golovkin's Coach To Charlo: You KO'd a ? , Wait Your Turn!

By Victor Salazar

New York - The middleweight division is starting to heat up and becoming one with a multitude of possibilities of matchups. At the top of the matchups is the rematch of the highly contested draw between Canelo Alvarez (49-1-2. 34 KO’s) and Gennady Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KO’s). The bout seems to be lined up for next year, according to Golovkin’s trainer Abel Sanchez.

“I think that Golovkin’s next fight is Canelo,” Sanchez told BoxingScene.com

There is no bigger fight for either fighter in the near future. After the Canelo fight, Sanchez is unclear of the path Team Golovkin will take.

“After that rematch with Canelo, who knows?” said the trainer. “It’s a matter of sitting down with the whole team and trying to line up a path that’s best for Gennady. Nothing is written in stone and you just mentioned [David] Lemieux should he win [with Billy Joe Saunders] and that’s another name that could happen next year. Depending on how the whole negotiations go with Tom Loefller and Golden Boy who handles Canelo, then we can map out 2018.”

A name that has presented itself is the mandatory to Golovkin’s WBC middleweight title - Jermall Charlo (26-0, 20 KO’s). Charlo recently moved up to middleweight and knocked out John Sebastian Heiland to become the mandatory. Sanchez says that just like Golovkin had to wait his turn, so does Charlo.

“He knocked out a ? , Sanchez said of Charlo stopping Heiland. “I think he has to earn he right to fight Golovkin. Just like a guy like Keith Thurman is telling Spence he has to wait to fight because he’s not known. I think these guys have to earn a shot to fight someone like Golovkin or Canelo. Reason they want to fight Golovkin or Canelo is because they want to cash out.”

The big names would not fight Golovkin for years and Sanchez feels Charlo has to bring something to the table to fight Golovkin.

“They want a big purse. Golovkin was number 1 rated for Felix Sturm for two years and then Martinez. Then we were mandatory for Cotto and even for Canelo it took a while. You have to make sure the people want the fight. Can you imagine what Charlo would do in sales? He wouldn’t sell nothing. I think we like to make title fights but obviously you have to earn them and he hasn’t earned it.”

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif?ssl=1
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Rigo wants to retire after lomo fight
    Lmao
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buttah better have my money after loma smash this ?
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rigo wants to retire after lomo fight
    Lmao

@OmegaConflict

Link?
  • aneed123
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Then dont watch my ? , dont watch

u cool with all the stuff? ima fan sunce the late 80s watching with my pops. im not gonna,stop watching but i will tell the truth
  • aneed123
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-coach-charlo-you-kod-? -wait-your-turn--121621
    Golovkin's Coach To Charlo: You KO'd a ? , Wait Your Turn!

By Victor Salazar

New York - The middleweight division is starting to heat up and becoming one with a multitude of possibilities of matchups. At the top of the matchups is the rematch of the highly contested draw between Canelo Alvarez (49-1-2. 34 KO’s) and Gennady Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KO’s). The bout seems to be lined up for next year, according to Golovkin’s trainer Abel Sanchez.

“I think that Golovkin’s next fight is Canelo,” Sanchez told BoxingScene.com

There is no bigger fight for either fighter in the near future. After the Canelo fight, Sanchez is unclear of the path Team Golovkin will take.

“After that rematch with Canelo, who knows?” said the trainer. “It’s a matter of sitting down with the whole team and trying to line up a path that’s best for Gennady. Nothing is written in stone and you just mentioned [David] Lemieux should he win [with Billy Joe Saunders] and that’s another name that could happen next year. Depending on how the whole negotiations go with Tom Loefller and Golden Boy who handles Canelo, then we can map out 2018.”

A name that has presented itself is the mandatory to Golovkin’s WBC middleweight title - Jermall Charlo (26-0, 20 KO’s). Charlo recently moved up to middleweight and knocked out John Sebastian Heiland to become the mandatory. Sanchez says that just like Golovkin had to wait his turn, so does Charlo.

“He knocked out a ? , Sanchez said of Charlo stopping Heiland. “I think he has to earn he right to fight Golovkin. Just like a guy like Keith Thurman is telling Spence he has to wait to fight because he’s not known. I think these guys have to earn a shot to fight someone like Golovkin or Canelo. Reason they want to fight Golovkin or Canelo is because they want to cash out.”

The big names would not fight Golovkin for years and Sanchez feels Charlo has to bring something to the table to fight Golovkin.

“They want a big purse. Golovkin was number 1 rated for Felix Sturm for two years and then Martinez. Then we were mandatory for Cotto and even for Canelo it took a while. You have to make sure the people want the fight. Can you imagine what Charlo would do in sales? He wouldn’t sell nothing. I think we like to make title fights but obviously you have to earn them and he hasn’t earned it.”

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif?ssl=1

told u they were gonna duck charlo