13»

Comments

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    Extreme case ?? Uhhh try my real life

Want another example

Every time I go to the HEB they ask if I want to donate to some charity ....seeing how I donate to 4 organizations each month via payroll I usually say no

Between that ....volunteering as a guardian ad litem ...passing out soup and gloves to the homeless when it's cold and cold water when it's hot ... and the toy drive I help with ....

I'm ok with saying no and setting limits

Good man.Godbless your soul homie.
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got family members that "seem" to be in need of money year after year. I don't think you're helping them out by giving them money everytime they ask. You're just encouraging them to be more careless with there money.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Family ( Mom, Pop, Brother) I'd give my life! Material ? and money is a curse if ya loved ones R suffering. Any1 else it's tempremental depending on my mood. Extended family or friends know I'm a Pisces and will charge U 2 da game quicker than an AC/ DC outlet. My Holy Trinity on Earth.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Does your net worth and your time have limits?

There’s your answer.

I treat it as an expense like any other, all be it an altruistic one.

And if you giving back with constraints of what is done with the gift - you weren’t giving it in the first place.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    imparting some wisdom upon someone is just as valuable as the money... mind you some people might not be financially equipped to give money...

in the same token some people really shouldnt be giving advice...