The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    The villain argument against MCU movies is kinda silly. In cases where the villains aren't that significant, they clearly aren't supposed to be. For example, people bashed Zemo for not being a big deal in Civil War, but that movie was largely about the rift between the heroes, so why would anyone expect a huge focus be put on the villain. Zemo played the role he was supposed to play.

The real villain in civil war was tony stark. Cause captain is always right

that's an opinion, not fact.

It's a fact.

no ?

You're fine with the avengers becoming a tool for war between countries?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iron man 3 is not bad y’all tripping

You have really poor judgment
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    The villain argument against MCU movies is kinda silly. In cases where the villains aren't that significant, they clearly aren't supposed to be. For example, people bashed Zemo for not being a big deal in Civil War, but that movie was largely about the rift between the heroes, so why would anyone expect a huge focus be put on the villain. Zemo played the role he was supposed to play.

The real villain in civil war was tony stark. Cause captain is always right

that's an opinion, not fact.

It's a fact.

no ?

You're fine with the avengers becoming a tool for war between countries?

they had to be held accountable for the catastrophes they caused.

New York - All of them
    Sakovia - Tony
    South Africa - Hulk
    Nigeria - Wanda

someone gatta check them ? .
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Aliens destroyed new york.

Sokovia was a crazy AI that lifted up a city

South Africa was Wanda for brainwashing Hulk

Nigeria was an accident.

Like Cap said, what if they had to go somewhere, but it was voted no? Or what if the avengers are being used by the un for someone's personal gain? Cap can't have that.
  • fortyacres
    edited October 2017
    Options

Nigeria was an accident.

Like Cap said, what if they had to go somewhere, but it was voted no? Or what if the avengers are being used by the un for someone's personal gain? Cap can't have that.

All started by them or involving them.

so whose to take responsibility for their messes then ? its just collateral damage?
  • fortyacres
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

Nigeria was an accident.

so whose to take responsibility for their messes then ? its just collateral damage?

They could always do nothing and let the world's military forces fight the chitary and thanos and ultron. They might win?????

But they can't do nothing, that's not caps way.

And Tony Starks is already cleaning up New York from the invasion.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nigeria was an accident.

i always thought this argument was weak as ? . yes the avengers caused damage saving the world, but what was the alternative?? Let aliens take over and we become slaves? Ross' reasoning was weak as ? . Same with Nigeria, had Wanda not taken the blast into the air how many more people wouldve died on the ground? or if the avengers let ultron drop sokovia? Weak ass reasoning for the accords. still a great movie though.
  • fortyacres
    edited October 2017
    Options

Nigeria was an accident.

They could always do nothing and let the world's military forces fight the chitary and thanos and ultron. They might win?????

But they can't do nothing, that's not caps way.

And Tony Starks is already cleaning up New York from the invasion.

its a mess that they all started and are all complicit ( probably not Dr Banner is the only one coz he just wanted to be left alone)

Tony created Ultron which caused Sakovia. Which inturn caused T’Chaka to be killed by a man seeking revenge. Also the Maximoff twins wanting revenge.

Thor and Loki brought their beef to Earth which caused the destruction of New York.

Howard Stark ,Cap, Bucky ,the Syrum program & Sheild almost destoryed washington & killed Wakandans in Nigeria.

these are all self inflicted wounds. Thats the people in the Marvel universe have to end up paying for with their lives.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    He was talking out his ass. That’s notoriously the worst Mcu movie

nah, that's Iron Man 2

iron man 3 ...
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

NEXT FRIDAY! already got the day off. ? gonna be lit fam.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do these movies (Avengers, Cap, Ironman, etc) take place in the present, ie Cap: Civil War in 2016?
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why they named the iron man Age of ultron when he was only running ? for 45 min.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Do these movies (Avengers, Cap, Ironman, etc) take place in the present, ie Cap: Civil War in 2016?

Yes de the most part
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes de the most part

But does Civil War and Spiderman take place a little in the future?

Cuz I saw Homecoming this past weekend(dope movie btw), and in the beginning Keaton and his crew was suppose to clean up what happened in the 1st Avengers, they get kicked of site, then it says it's 8 years later.

If the movies take place in the present, what happened in NYC was in 2012, so CW and Homecoming would be in 2019/2020 right?
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2017
    Options

Yes de the most part

Cuz I saw Homecoming this past weekend(dope movie btw), and in the beginning Keaton and his crew was suppose to clean up what happened in the 1st Avengers, they get kicked of site, then it says it's 8 years later.

If the movies take place in the present, what happened in NYC was in 2012, so CW and Homecoming would be in 2019/2020 right?

Must be. I saw an article on fb that said Marvel is releasing an official time line of the films sometime in the future. Since phase 2 all of the movies should be in order if I'm not mistaken. Ragnarok may be before homecoming though, but that movie doesn't take place on earth so it's unique. Like guardians. We know cap marvel will take place in the 90s, bUT the remainder of the announced films should be in "present day"
  • Splackavelli
    Options

? dammit . This is overkill
  • Idiopathic Joker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

Yes de the most part

Must be. I saw an article on fb that said Marvel is releasing an official time line of the films sometime in the future. Since phase 2 all of the movies should be in order if I'm not mistaken. Ragnarok may be before homecoming though, but that movie doesn't take place on earth so it's unique. Like guardians. We know cap marvel will take place in the 90s, bUT the remainder of the announced films should be in "present day"

Ragnorok takes place at the same time as Civil War.

Spider man says it takes place, what, 6 months after Civil War? I forgot how long it says in the film.

It will all tie into the time stone in Infinity War I'm thinking.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nah, that's Iron Man 2

Lmao hell no. Iron Man 3 way worse than Iron Man 2. Dark World way worse than Iron Man 2. Maybe neck and neck with iron man 3.

Iron Man 3 isn't bad. just because y'all didn't like the mandarin misdirection doesn't make it bad
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I disliked way more than the mandarin ? . Movie was just boring as hell lol
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How you gonna make an Iron Man when he's only in armor for the 3rd act ? ,Why the hell do they keep ? on

Rhodes ? That weak ass Iron Patriot armor then they paralyze him in Civil War. There needs to be more War Machine

action.

• Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »

How you gonna make an Iron Man when he's only in armor for the 3rd act ? ,Why the hell do they keep ? on

Rhodes ? That weak ass Iron Patriot armor then they paralyze him in Civil War. There needs to be more War Machine

action.

Yea, I thought they killed Rhodey off when I first saw that happen.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

nah, that's Iron Man 2

Lmao hell no. Iron Man 3 way worse than Iron Man 2. Dark World way worse than Iron Man 2. Maybe neck and neck with iron man 3.

Iron Man 3 isn't bad. just because y'all didn't like the mandarin misdirection doesn't make it bad

Its not just the mandarin killian was a lame villian and they went wit that cliche story device most superhero flicks do in their sequels where the hero loses his powers or stops believing in himself orsome other adversity and he has to find the hro within. The same ? was done in spiderman 2 superman2 the dark knight rises etc.
    Remember the iron man 3 thread? Remember movie how hyped everyone was with the trailer? All the ads with the mandarin standing with one foot on ironmans helmet like a footstool? Remember the pics of the armory with all of iron mans suits on display? All that buildup and hype for that misdirection. That was a slap in the face for moviegoers and comic fans. I'm glad i didn't buy a ticket. Then they tried to make it up with a straight to dvd mandarin mini movie. The only thing good about im3 was the iron patriot.