BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It's a very ambitious idea

Having your own league, sounds beautiful when spoken out loud

But, when it comes to business, you have to be honest with yourself

Ideas mean absolutely nothing, Exceution is worshiped

Look at the NFL itself

A multi-billion dollar league, which has the average NFL franchise valued at $2.3 billion

with 32 teams, thats a combined value of $74.8 billion

If you combine all the rappers net worth (Master P, Jay-Z, Puffy, Dr.Dre, 50 Cent, etc.)

Combine all that together, what you got maybe 4.5-5.0 billion?

You need way more investors

You include Oprah, Robert F. Smith, Michael Jordan, Aliko Dagnote (richest black man in the world, net worth of 12.2 billi),

You STILL need some outside investors, financial aid to have the necessary finance in building these teams

However, you want to look at it, you would have to include other races into the business

Mexicans, Indians, Asian, African

Pretty much a league that is ran by minorities in harmony against the white man lol, though white ppl can still play

BUT, even if you get all these people from all walks of life on board, you gotta work with EGOs, preferences, and respect in what they want to see

NFL is a HUGE business and to even compete with that you have to adopt a similar foundation

So, you get the players

You have to pay the players wages and health benefits

You have to pay the coaches, personnel, staff, cheerleaders of each team

Then you have to find an arena in each respective city to host the games

Since you have the NFL contracted with most major cities sports arena

You have to find some sports stadium that is not occupied around that time, pay the owner of that stadium to use the arena on designated days

Then you have to broadcast these games

What network you want to use? BET?

Well since Viacom is the parent company of BET, you know who going to get a cut of the revenue, white people

NFL has multiple ways to distribute their product

ESPN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS

You would have to do business with them regardless, if you want to increase the viewing audience

And I haven't even talked about the marketing strategy or the commission of the league that assists in regulating the games

It's a complicated, intricate, complex set up, that requires a thorough business plan to execute

Not Impossible At All

But Is Not Easy To Put Into Action
  • kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I know this is gonna sound stupid but with the way the world is now aren't their less barriers to entry for something like this?

What if someone put money behind existing "semi-pro" leaugues across the country and coordinated cross league play

And maybe create some new team's as well, and have them play in college stadiums or some of them giant high school stadiums

Have the season in the spring as to not directly compete against the NFL

Then instead of trying secure broadcasting rights with a major network go for a streaming deal with Amazon/Netflix etc.

That way you are improving on an existing product instead of starting from the ground up and not having to compete with the corporate old guard that doesn't let ? like this happen giving the league a chance to generate revenue and grow

Anyone have thoughts on this? I dunno if I'm being ridiculous or if it's feasible
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know this is gonna sound stupid but with the way the world is now aren't their less barriers to entry for something like this?

What if someone put money behind existing "semi-pro" leaugues across the country and coordinated cross league play

And maybe create some new team's as well, and have them play in college stadiums or some of them giant high school stadiums

Have the season in the spring as to not directly compete against the NFL

Then instead of trying secure broadcasting rights with a major network go for a streaming deal with Amazon/Netflix etc.

That way you are improving on an existing product instead of starting from the ground up and not having to compete with the corporate old guard that doesn't let ? like this happen giving the league a chance to generate revenue and grow

Anyone have thoughts on this? I dunno if I'm being ridiculous or if it's feasible

all the ideas here are good ideas...but whos willing to put the work behind it?

this ? has to be babied from start to finish.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    American Football is on its way out the door, anyways. With CTE and the violent nature of the sport starting to scare some parents off, I don't know if it would be a smart investment or move to start a league. I don't even see the NFL being around in 30/40 years
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »

The Superdome isn’t going to be filled up by fans of the the New Orleans UHHH & Atlanta Shawty’s.

This ? said the nawlings uhhhh and atl shawty.... I'm literally crying laughing son
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Look at the NFL itself

A multi-billion dollar league, which has the average NFL franchise valued at $2.3 billion

If you combine all the rappers net worth (Master P, Jay-Z, Puffy, Dr.Dre, 50 Cent, etc.)

You include Oprah, Robert F. Smith, Michael Jordan, Aliko Dagnote (richest black man in the world, net worth of 12.2 billi),

You STILL need some outside investors, financial aid to have the necessary finance in building these teams

However, you want to look at it, you would have to include other races into the business

Pretty much a league that is ran by minorities in harmony against the white man lol, though white ppl can still play

BUT, even if you get all these people from all walks of life on board, you gotta work with EGOs, preferences, and respect in what they want to see

NFL is a HUGE business and to even compete with that you have to adopt a similar foundation

So, you get the players

You have to find some sports stadium that is not occupied around that time, pay the owner of that stadium to use the arena on designated days

Well since Viacom is the parent company of BET, you know who going to get a cut of the revenue, white people

ESPN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS

You would have to do business with them regardless, if you want to increase the viewing audience

And I haven't even talked about the marketing strategy or the commission of the league that assists in regulating the games

It's a complicated, intricate, complex set up, that requires a thorough business plan to execute

Not Impossible At All

Facts
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    yall want blacks to fail so bad. its sad that we are all the nfl and nba got but we have to compete against a watered down product if all the stars leave. oooookkkkkk.

Ok so all the stars leave...then what next? Who is funding these teams? Who is paying salaries of the entire staffs on these new teams? Who is paying insurance? Who is securing and paying for places to play? It's not about wanting black folks to fail it's more about seeing that people often just throw out grand ideas w/o actually putting the thought into how to make the ? work. It's no different than when ? say "Everybody should just start their own business" while leaving out all the actual work that running your own business entails.

like i said in an earlier post these players will have to take a hell of a paycut for the future. they'll get hundreds of thousands but not millions and have to play in high school stadiums til we build gain enough bread to build stadiums. hell if you tell all the blacks to donate x amount of dollars and youll have a stake it will make the people feel like theyre apart of something. ? wont be sweet but thats the cost of being a boss. should of never went with integration and got rid of the ? league. its coming to bite us in the ass.

but lets be for real. you dont want the nfl to go anywhere. you would be the one who would tell on slaves trying to get free from the master. hollering bout, " he feeds us, clothes us, and beats us only six days out the week and lets us pray to white jesus on sundays." i aint the only one that peeps your game. youre white bruh. or an uncle tom/sell out. you always see the glass half empty. we dont like your type. sell out ? . now flag me and say some other ? ....?

? shut your ? up. I could give a ? about the NFL. I go fine on Sundays without it. I ain't say ? can't start their own league. I'm saying its nowhere as simple as people making it. You think people playing in HS stadiums is gonna generate hundreds of thousands to pay 50+ athletes, full coaching staffs, medical personell etc that it takes to run one football team let alone an entire league? Talking about gain enough bread to build a stadium when you got teams already profitable that can't get approval for new stadiums/arenas and move cities because of it. Don't be salty with me because you can't actially flesh out an idea or plan and instead want to just throw out any ol ? .

who are going to watch white boys play? and like i said ? will have to take a pay cut. if we as a people use crackaganda to get our people to pick our league instead of the nfl we will be gucci. you act like ? aint thought this out. you could say the same thing for the ? league then. hence you dont want to see slaves leave the plantation.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    yall want blacks to fail so bad. its sad that we are all the nfl and nba got but we have to compete against a watered down product if all the stars leave. oooookkkkkk.

Ok so all the stars leave...then what next? Who is funding these teams? Who is paying salaries of the entire staffs on these new teams? Who is paying insurance? Who is securing and paying for places to play? It's not about wanting black folks to fail it's more about seeing that people often just throw out grand ideas w/o actually putting the thought into how to make the ? work. It's no different than when ? say "Everybody should just start their own business" while leaving out all the actual work that running your own business entails.

like i said in an earlier post these players will have to take a hell of a paycut for the future. they'll get hundreds of thousands but not millions and have to play in high school stadiums til we build gain enough bread to build stadiums. hell if you tell all the blacks to donate x amount of dollars and youll have a stake it will make the people feel like theyre apart of something. ? wont be sweet but thats the cost of being a boss. should of never went with integration and got rid of the ? league. its coming to bite us in the ass.

but lets be for real. you dont want the nfl to go anywhere. you would be the one who would tell on slaves trying to get free from the master. hollering bout, " he feeds us, clothes us, and beats us only six days out the week and lets us pray to white jesus on sundays." i aint the only one that peeps your game. youre white bruh. or an uncle tom/sell out. you always see the glass half empty. we dont like your type. sell out ? . now flag me and say some other ? ....?

? shut your ? up. I could give a ? about the NFL. I go fine on Sundays without it. I ain't say ? can't start their own league. I'm saying its nowhere as simple as people making it. You think people playing in HS stadiums is gonna generate hundreds of thousands to pay 50+ athletes, full coaching staffs, medical personell etc that it takes to run one football team let alone an entire league? Talking about gain enough bread to build a stadium when you got teams already profitable that can't get approval for new stadiums/arenas and move cities because of it. Don't be salty with me because you can't actially flesh out an idea or plan and instead want to just throw out any ol ? .

who are going to watch white boys play? and like i said ? will have to take a pay cut. if we as a people use crackaganda to get our people to pick our league instead of the nfl we will be gucci. you act like ? aint thought this out. you could say the same thing for the ? league then. hence you dont want to see slaves leave the plantation.

Your plan ain't thought out. Its a damn pipe dream. "tell all black folks to donate money to the league"...you really think that ? is a viable option? Most folks barely got a damn savings account let alone money to donate to a start up professional league to help make other people rich. You ain't think this out you just repeating a talking point that sounds nice with no actual idea of how to make it function.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Or since black colleges don't make much off the football program get them to drop out of the ncaa and start paying ? to play there. Each owner could use a different black college for their team to play at and kick the school some of the profits since they are underfunded anyway. Those schools already have stadiums training staff ECT.

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything looks good on paper.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Or since black colleges don't make much off the football program get them to drop out of the ncaa and start paying ? to play there. Each owner could use a different black college for their team to play at and kick the school some of the profits since they are underfunded anyway. Those schools already have stadiums training staff ECT.

And what about the other sports that aren't football or basketball? Leaving the ncaa eliminates them
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And what about the other sports that aren't football or basketball? Leaving the ncaa eliminates them

Them sports don't make no money so ? 'em, this is business it ain't personal
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Everything looks good on paper.

Underrated etherous post
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    and lets add...... everything works in a virtual environment
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Smh at you back biting ass ? . If you negros were in Montgomery in 1955 y'all would've told Rosa Parks to get her ass up and go to the back of the bus. You ? are the reason Harriet Tubman carried a shotgun.

You envious, hate filled ass negros just mad b/c P did things in the industry that your favorite rapper never even imagined. I bet the majority of yall that are talking ? are from the east coast. Y'all still mad that a brother from the south had to show NYC how to get money, control your music and how not to get hoed. P took your game and showed you haters how to play it.

You ? are so caught up in your hatred and envy of this man that you can't see the greater good that he's trying to accomplish. He named his company No Limit for a reason. You're only limited by the size of your imagination and the strength of your grind. I respect what P has done and I'm motivated by his drive to do more. For the sake of unborn generations of black children I hope his dream of a succesful black owned football league comes true. There truly is No Limit to what a brave, unafraid and motivated black man can do. Good luck P. All you haters can eat a ? .
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

Look at the NFL itself

So, you get the players

ESPN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS

Not Impossible At All

Even if all this happens and your dream of owning your own league comes into fruition...the white man gonna buy you out. Maybe the nfl offers a merger with a quarter of your teams. Either way, they'll get it back.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Smh at you back biting ass ? . If you negros were in Montgomery in 1955 y'all would've told Rosa Parks to get her ass up and go to the back of the bus. You ? are the reason Harriet Tubman carried a shotgun.

You envious, hate filled ass negros just mad b/c P did things in the industry that your favorite rapper never even imagined. I bet the majority of yall that are talking ? are from the east coast. Y'all still mad that a brother from the south had to show NYC how to get money, control your music and how not to get hoed. P took your game and showed you haters how to play it.

You ? are so caught up in your hatred and envy of this man that you can't see the greater good that he's trying to accomplish. He named his company No Limit for a reason. You're only limited by the size of your imagination and the strength of your grind. I respect what P has done and I'm motivated by his drive to do more. For the sake of unborn generations of black children I hope his dream of a succesful black owned football league comes true. There truly is No Limit to what a brave, unafraid and motivated black man can do. Good luck P. All you haters can eat a ? .

Name names bruh.

An watch ya slick talk about the east....if you ain't from Oakland...you ain't bout it.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never a was fan of his music, but I definitely admire his drive and business acumen. P's has made several good business decisions.

I don't understand why anyone would be against the idea of trying, whether you believe it would be viable is a separate concern, but the resistance to someone (another black man at that) TRYING to create something outside of the "system" I see on the IC is troublesome.

For example the comments about Levar Ball starting a shoe company, not just here, but everywhere are disgusting. I understand the criticism on his "act" but someone challenging the system and trying to control their own destiny in a business that makes billions annually on young black men is damn near being treated like its a crime.

So now P, wants to start another league (I believe that he started a co-ed basketball league this fall) and it's problem?
    Something tells me if Elon Musk wanted to start a football league or develop a high-tech running shoe and price it $300-$400, the comments wouldn't be nearly as critical for the attempt here or elsewhere...

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Never a was fan of his music, but I definitely admire his drive and business acumen. P's has made several good business decisions.

I don't understand why anyone would be against the idea of trying, whether you believe it would be viable is a separate concern, but the resistance to someone (another black man at that) TRYING to create something outside of the "system" I see on the IC is troublesome.

For example the comments about Levar Ball starting a shoe company, not just here, but everywhere are disgusting. I understand the criticism on his "act" but someone challenging the system and trying to control their own destiny in a business that makes billions annually on young black men is damn near being treated like its a crime.

So now P, wants to start another league (I believe that he started a co-ed basketball league this fall) and it's problem?
    Something tells me if Elon Musk wanted to start a football league or develop a high-tech running shoe and price it $300-$400, the comments wouldn't be nearly as critical for the attempt here or elsewhere...

Not sure if you indirectly ....nevermind

Problem is not everyone is on board with an idea until its already making money. That's because most of the the hardwork is behind them an the thing now is to sustain.

I don't really need to go into the lavar thing. Its never about hating...its about taking advantage and knowing when to step back. I think you are missing a lot of why certain people are against his approach. Its more than him just being black.

And you cant compare P and Ball.

You have to understand a system in order to go against it.

As for elon. Are you serious bruh?

I'm saying....we can have this talk all over if need be.
  • thegreatunknown
    edited December 2017
    Options

Problem is not everyone is on board with an idea until its already making money. That's because most of the the hardwork is behind them an the thing now is to sustain.

I don't really need to go into the lavar thing. Its never about hating...its about taking advantage and knowing when to step back. I think you are missing a lot of why certain people are against his approach. Its more than him just being black.

Nope. I get It. And I can absolutely compare P and Ball, because P was where is Ball is now, trying to start a company in an industry dominated by white owned corporations with little more than just an idea and the willingness to take a chance.

I guarantee there were people who thought it was crazy that he even attempted to start his own record label by selling CD's out of trunk. Probably told him xyz already exists and you need to have abc in place first etc and you don't so it's foolish for you to even try.

Furthermore, whose to say Ball doesn't understand the system? He played professional football and is an AAU coach so he's had dealings with shoe companies and sees first hand how they operate. That's probably why he figured he could play his hand the way that he has. If it doesn't work, it's on him. But I don't get people who believe he shouldn't even have the idea or even attempt anything. That's my issue...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited December 2017
    Options

Nope. I get It. And I can absolutely compare P and Ball, because P was where is Ball is now, trying to start a company in an industry dominated by white owned corporations with little more than just an idea and the willingness to take a chance.

I guarantee there were people who thought it was crazy that he even attempted to start his own record label by selling CD's out of trunk. Probably told him xyz already exists and you need to have abc in place first etc and you don't so it's foolish for you to even try.

Furthermore, whose to say Ball doesn't understand the system? He played professional football and is an AAU coach so he's had dealings with shoe companies and sees first hand how they operate. That's probably why he figured he could play his hand the way that he has. If it doesn't work, it's on him. But I don't get people who believe he shouldn't even have the idea or even attempt anything. That's my issue...

well I see p an ball as different because p was hustling for himself....by himself from the gate. he put in the hard work and was proven locally and with his work ethic and good product...it sold itself. he didn't need to fluff anything or make promises or distractions or change the music. he went head in from his trunk not worrying about who he gonna stick it to. all Ps talk was backed up.
    hustlers ambition.

built and put no limit on his back.

as far as ball knowing the system...I must disagree. everything I seen up to this point has shown he's stumbling thru. I hope he focuses at some point in his company and not on the spotlight . before someone says it's because of him they got the attention...its also because of him they lost a lot.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh at you crab ass negros trying so hard to say something negative about one of the realest, if not the realest brother hip hop has ever produced. Stop hating.

If y'all was around back in the pre-Friday era y'all would've told Cube he had money but not Hollywood money. Y'all the same negros would've told Dre he had money but not Apple money. P laughs at you small minded ? b/c 20+ years ago people like y'all told him that he dreamed too big and he was a fool for turning down his first contract. But while your favorite rappers are still rhyming for gold chains and getting ? for publishing and show money P has decades worth of paper and the financial and mental freedom to contemplate something as big as starting his own football league. You crab ass negros are just filled with too much self hate to see if for yourselves. Smmfh. The hate is realer than ever.

Cube ? makes zero ? sense what so ever. Cube wasn't trying to make a "new Hollywood".

And the Dre ? makes even less sense, since Apple is one that GAVE Dre the money.

• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Name names bruh.

An watch ya slick talk about the east....if you ain't from Oakland...you ain't bout it.

no need to mention names. hit dogs will always holla and you're screaming like a ? right now. ? you,? the east, and ? anybody from anywhere that's trying to bring their brother down. every succesful venture starts with a dream and every huge corporation started as a small one. i love the idea, the dream and goals and i would love to see it work. im standing with P and Kaep all day. ? the rest of you ? and the bucket you're stuck in.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited December 2017
    Options

Name names bruh.

no need to mention names. hit dogs will always holla and you're screaming like a ? right now. ? you,? the east, and ? anybody from anywhere that's trying to bring their brother down. every succesful venture starts with a dream and every huge corporation started as a small one. i love the idea, the dream and goals and i would love to see it work. im standing with P and Kaep all day. ? the rest of you ? and the bucket you're stuck in.

an what you doing other than standing behind them?

please ...offer some insight on how they can move forward.

see...you are a blind ? . you trynna support just to support with nothing to add.if I see someone ? up, it is my job as a black man to help steady his dream. but blind ? can't see that...they only see what they think is true from limited knowledge.
    it's crazy that other business owners say the same as me....but normal ? see hate.

crazy how that works.
    you really thought you saying something.

you type ? need to get out your feelings and understand there are many ways to do things. but some ways just fukk you up more than help and that's been said since the get go.

so calm your ? down. that ? aint ya family.

try reading before you talk ? .

lol...? said I'm in a bucket...lol

smdh
  • thegreatunknown
    Options

well I see p an ball as different because p was hustling for himself....by himself from the gate. he put in the hard work and was proven locally and with his work ethic and good product...it sold itself. he didn't need to fluff anything or make promises or distractions or change the music. he went head in from his trunk not worrying about who he gonna stick it to. all Ps talk was backed up.
    hustlers ambition.

built and put no limit on his back.

as far as ball knowing the system...I must disagree. everything I seen up to this point has shown he's stumbling thru. I hope he focuses at some point in his company and not on the spotlight . before someone says it's because of him they got the attention...its also because of him they lost a lot.

Then, we're just going have to disagree on this one Bro...