• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Despite the size diff. AJ reach advantage is insane
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/terence-crawford-announced-jeff-horn-mandatory-by-wbo--121826

bud crawford bout to fight jeff horn.....

this is exactly why horn got the gift against manny, and i been called it.....

big bob ain't want manny to get his head knocked off by bud in a meaningless fight, but he knew bud needed a title when he moved to welter....so he robbed manny, to sacrifice horn to bud crawford....then he might throw manny at him on the headline of a huge ppv......THEN he can start his crawford p4p #1 media campaign and say crawford is the A-side against ? like danny, turman, and spence, cuz bud the only one headlining ppv's...

chess not checkers.....
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He beat manny though
  • Dupac
    Options
    He beat manny though

naw, manny out pointed dude....

he was clearly not on his game, but he did enough to win.....
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bob needs a in house champ... i still dont get why he just didnt make manny crawford from the jump... instead of putting a ? loss on mannys resume and making Crawford mad t2i the point he prolly leaves when his contract up
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How will Manny be able to continue to headline big PPVs though? He's old as ?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-ufc-white-desperate-ppvs-dwindling-no-marquee-star--121834
    Arum: UFC's White is Desperate - PPVs Dwindling, No Marquee Star

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has once again come out swinging in the direction of UFC President Dana White.

The two combat sports executives have traded words on numerous occasions in the last few years.

A few days ago, White appeared on The Unnamed Podvideocast, and stated that his company could potentially promote boxing events in the future.

Back in August, White was a big part of the promotion for the cross-sport boxing match between comebacking Floyd Mayweather Jr. and the UFC's biggest superstar, Conor McGregor.

“I could see bringing boxing under our umbrella and trying to see what we could do with that,” White said. “I could see doing that.”

According to Arum, White's company is struggling, they no longer have the big stars, their pay-per-view numbers are crumbling - and all of these factors are forcing the UFC executive to pursue other avenues to generate revenue.

Arum claims that a year ago, he was approached by someone on behalf of the UFC, to explore the possibility of buying Top Rank.

“My thoughts are that UFC is desperate,” Arum told Michael Woods of NY Fights. "Their numbers are way off, they have no marquee star. Look at their PPV numbers. They barely break 100,000 homes on their shows. They’re having trouble getting renewal on their contract with FOX. They have to do something. One of things they may try and fall back on and try and acquire a boxing presence. About a year ago, I was approached by someone repping UFC, they wanted to buy Top Rank.”

In addition, Arum once again placed the spotlight on the low pay scale of UFC athletes when compared to professional boxers - and they unfair advantage possessed by the UFC, which allows them to dictate the financial terms to their fighters.

“You have to understand, UFC is a monopoly, the money they earn on a fight because they pay their athletes 20 percent of the gross
    , we pay around 80 percent, what they say they’re investing back in the business, they’re investing in themselves, they put money in their pockets,” Arum said.

“That’s not investing in anything. In boxing, there are a large number of promoters, and when a promoter has a successful event and there’s a profit he earns, he puts it back in the company. What the f*** is White talking about? White is speaking from desperation now, he’s the spokesperson for what could be a failing business!”
  • Dupac
    edited October 2017
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    How will Manny be able to continue to headline big PPVs though? He's old as ?

i'd pay to watch many go out on his shield against bud crawford....especially after he demolishes horn
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dupac wrote: »
    He beat manny though

naw, manny out pointed dude....

he was clearly not on his game, but he did enough to win.....

Nah he lost bruh.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-ufc-white-desperate-ppvs-dwindling-no-marquee-star--121834
    Arum: UFC's White is Desperate - PPVs Dwindling, No Marquee Star

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has once again come out swinging in the direction of UFC President Dana White.

The two combat sports executives have traded words on numerous occasions in the last few years.

A few days ago, White appeared on The Unnamed Podvideocast, and stated that his company could potentially promote boxing events in the future.

Back in August, White was a big part of the promotion for the cross-sport boxing match between comebacking Floyd Mayweather Jr. and the UFC's biggest superstar, Conor McGregor.

“I could see bringing boxing under our umbrella and trying to see what we could do with that,” White said. “I could see doing that.”

According to Arum, White's company is struggling, they no longer have the big stars, their pay-per-view numbers are crumbling - and all of these factors are forcing the UFC executive to pursue other avenues to generate revenue.

Arum claims that a year ago, he was approached by someone on behalf of the UFC, to explore the possibility of buying Top Rank.

“My thoughts are that UFC is desperate,” Arum told Michael Woods of NY Fights. "Their numbers are way off, they have no marquee star. Look at their PPV numbers. They barely break 100,000 homes on their shows. They’re having trouble getting renewal on their contract with FOX. They have to do something. One of things they may try and fall back on and try and acquire a boxing presence. About a year ago, I was approached by someone repping UFC, they wanted to buy Top Rank.”

In addition, Arum once again placed the spotlight on the low pay scale of UFC athletes when compared to professional boxers - and they unfair advantage possessed by the UFC, which allows them to dictate the financial terms to their fighters.

“You have to understand, UFC is a monopoly, the money they earn on a fight because they pay their athletes 20 percent of the gross
    , we pay around 80 percent, what they say they’re investing back in the business, they’re investing in themselves, they put money in their pockets,” Arum said.

“That’s not investing in anything. In boxing, there are a large number of promoters, and when a promoter has a successful event and there’s a profit he earns, he puts it back in the company. What the f*** is White talking about? White is speaking from desperation now, he’s the spokesperson for what could be a failing business!”

Yikes
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Bob hit his ass with a bolo punch
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/terence-crawford-announced-jeff-horn-mandatory-by-wbo--121826

big bob ain't want manny to get his head knocked off by bud in a meaningless fight, but he knew bud needed a title when he moved to welter....so he robbed manny, to sacrifice horn to bud crawford....then he might throw manny at him on the headline of a huge ppv......THEN he can start his crawford p4p #1 media campaign and say crawford is the A-side against ? like danny, turman, and spence, cuz bud the only one headlining ppv's...

chess not checkers.....

It's a old school wrestling move. Get the champ to drop the belt to the home town kid. The home town kid fights to new guy that has some heat , loses, the the guy with the heat fights the legend in a big money grab beats the brakes off of him . Then he has the leverage to call shots even tho he will never wrestle the guys in other territories . Bob arum looking like Jim Cornette out here
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joshua in 3 today
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »

chess not checkers.....

It's a old school wrestling move. Get the champ to drop the belt to the home town kid. The home town kid fights to new guy that has some heat , loses, the the guy with the heat fights the legend in a big money grab beats the brakes off of him . Then he has the leverage to call shots even tho he will never wrestle the guys in other territories . Bob arum looking like Jim Cornette out here

This aint ? wrestling g. Lay off the cartoons my ?
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »
    Joshua in 3 today

this fight is a dud.

till AJ step to Wilder then I'm treating all his future fights as ? fights
  • JLacey
    Options
    Joshua in 3 today

this fight is a dud.

Dud? Nah. Takam probably a top 10 heavyweight
  • JLacey
    Options
    And they’ll fight next year after he takes Parker’s belt
  • JLacey
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »

chess not checkers.....

Lol who is he gonna call the shots against? He gonna have to fight Spence and Thurman eventually. He not calling shots vs the top guys in the division.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joshua in 3 today

this fight is a dud.

He not, but nice try.
  • JLacey
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Joshua in 3 today

this fight is a dud.

He not, but nice try.

Name 10 better
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joshua in 3 today

this fight is a dud.

He not, but nice try.

Name 10 better
    Joshua
    Wilder
    Ortiz
    Parker
    Pulev
    Whyte
    Breazeale
    Ruiz Jr
    Big Baby Miller
    Stiverne
    Haye
    Povetkin
    Fury
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joshua in 3 today

this fight is a dud.

He not, but nice try.

Name 10 better
    Joshua
    Wilder
    Ortiz
    Parker
    Pulev
    Whyte
    Breazeale
    Ruiz Jr
    Big Baby Miller
    Stiverne
    Haye
    Povetkin
    Fury

Butterbean
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joshua in 3 today

this fight is a dud.

He not, but nice try.

Name 10 better
    Joshua
    Wilder
    Ortiz
    Parker
    Pulev
    Whyte
    Breazeale
    Ruiz Jr
    Big Baby Miller
    Stiverne
    Haye
    Povetkin
    Fury

Facts
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joshua in 3 today

this fight is a dud.

He not, but nice try.

Name 10 better
    Joshua
    Wilder
    Ortiz
    Parker
    Pulev
    Whyte
    Breazeale
    Ruiz Jr
    Big Baby Miller
    Stiverne
    Haye
    Povetkin
    Fury

I ain’t got the best memory in the world,
    but I swear at least 2 people on that list tested positive for peds..