Big K.R.I.T. "4Eva Is A Mighty Long Time" (10/27)

Options

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    If streams get Krit to those numbers Sion is talking about then so be it, but around 40k would be cool for him. That’s what the last two albums did which lets me know signing to Def Jam really didn’t do ? for him in regards to exposure. I will say, now they cover YouTube views too so his numbers may be a little higher than we’re all expecting. We all want Krit to win that’s why we “care” about his numbers. Since he’s independent this is probably going to be a slow burn as people find out about the release unless he catches one with 1999. I think a standout performance on a live late night show would help too. He also hasn’t done many interviews talking about the album either.

Which track would you like to see him perform late night TV

Layup seems to get most love on twitter

Would prolly be smartest move

That'd be cool. I think "Georgia Fornia" could be made into a real theatrical and engaging performance. The soul on that hook alone makes hard not to like
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Aux Cord on repeat

That's the joint that got me excited bout this album pre release. Right now "higher calling" getting serious burn
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    I got a whole lotta, mixed messages, in my songs
    Am I wrong to feel this way?
    Revolutionary, although I'm free
    I got me a lover, but I still wanna cheat
    I wanna be saved, but it's ? the police
    Don't wanna be here, but I'm too scared to leave

Top 5 krit song, been the one track on repeat most for me.

Colleagues been looking at me sideways all week, i keep on randomly muttering "KEEP THE DEVIL OFF ME" at any given chance.

After about my 20th time saying it while cooking..my step son said "it's Wednesday, why you keep saying "its the weekend"
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Currently on repeat.

kwoklzj485o1.png

Yoooo...i hardly listened to this song and outta nowhere I started playing it on repeat today
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

i dont like Keep the Devil Off.

It might be one of the weakest tracks on the album imo, but I wouldnt take it off bc it fits the overall theme of the album well.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Probably one of the better Krit interviews I’ve seen. He has a point, people usually ask him about other artist but they never ask other artist about Krit...
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Sant tho? Wish it was him on big bank and not ti

Maybe he shoulda got 17 on there lmao
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sant got joints. I ? with that MFOG project. Every feature he's done for krit A1.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

a must watch, didn't know la reid signed him

he had Rosenberg scrambling when he said "you don't mention me to other rappers!"
  • #jpp
    #jpp Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Light on repeat
    Realest ? I've heard in a minute
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm kinda amazed. Reading through the posts in here, my posts have probably been the most negative and even they aren't that negative because I do like the album. This has to be a first for this board.

I copped it though. It's another dope release for 2017. I can't put it up there with Cadillactica though. I know people disagree with me, but Cadillactica had some songs that were, for me, way better than anything on this album (e.g., Cadillactica, King of the South, Her Mind, etc...).

I can't say there are any bad songs on here though. I don't think I could listen to the whole double discs again straight through, but when you kinda tailor it a little to fit a single album format, you get something that's very strong no matter how you do it.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did people not like Cadillactica on here or something?

It was easily the best album of 2014 for me
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wifey be kinda tight with me when I sing Mixed Messages hook

Right, I'm slick scared to sing that ? in front of my girl lol
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Price of Fame,Drinking Session,Big Kirt,Confetti,Get Away, man who I'm fooling ill be naming damn near the who album of which songs I like the most.
    It's like every time I listen to the album again I find a new favorite, I'll come up with my top 5 later after I go buy the physical copy.
    This my first Big Krit project I ever listen to I've heard skngs,but never listen to any project and I'm glad I did,this is so different than alot of bs that's out right now.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

a must watch, didn't know la reid signed him

he had Rosenberg scrambling when he said "you don't mention me to other rappers!"

LOL

Yea... As soon as Rosenberg brought up JCole Krit was like nah nah nah we not doin this today. We gone talk about ME
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    By the way, you're short sellin yourself If you dont have any kinda subs to play this album on. Completely different experience. I remember when cats used to say "who still uses woofers".....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

i been beatless in the new whip for a while now...the factory system makes it playable once you got your levels right.....but I got a whole box wit 2 12's just sittin in the garage...the amp already mounted on the back

so tempted to throw that ? in there but I dont wanna go ? with these new wiring systems and not trying to get taxed at no audio place right now....I dont think they'll install ? that aint theirs anyway

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    By the way, you're short sellin yourself If you dont have any kinda subs to play this album on. Completely different experience. I remember when cats used to say "who still uses woofers".....

i been beatless in the new whip for a while now...the factory system makes it playable once you got your levels right.....but I got a whole box wit 2 12's just sittin in the garage...the amp already mounted on the back

so tempted to throw that ? in there but I dont wanna go ? with these new wiring systems and not trying to get taxed at no audio place right now....I dont think they'll install ? that aint theirs anyway

Yea I was debating on this for awhile after my last joints got stolen, said ? it and got the whole package/instalation from one place. Paid a pretty penny for it but got a warranty and no issues from it.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »

Yea I was debating on this for awhile after my last joints got stolen, said ? it and got the whole package/instalation from one place. Paid a pretty penny for it but got a warranty and no issues from it.

yeah I know I'd end up spending too much lol....not with Christmas and ? coming

I know a guy that does all the custom set ups at a shop that'll probably hook me up....my best bet right now

when you say whole package you had to get a cd player and all that ? from em too? really not trying to ? with my dash
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No beat in the trunk but ive been playing it on my surround sound. And it does make me want to go buy it all again