The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched it...it was entertaining...was thinking about waiting to go watch it but I asked my nephew and he wanted to go...waiting on JL
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't have a problem with Hulk talking if it wasn't for the fact that his strength and anger seemed to peak.

Obviously he can be beaten, but that fight seemed like they forced him to tank against Thor for the sake of it being a Thor film. Hulk seemed barely annoyed the whole battle. Compare that to how he was in The Avengers or The incredible Hulk and you'd see what I mean.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also loved that strange was near his comic self in how strong his magic is as a walking deus ex machina
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoyed it 4.5/5 for me
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Finally saw it today. It was a fun movie. Korg was hilarious, valkryie was dope, hela was a cool villain. Korg did not sound anything like I thought he would lol. He was played by the director of the movie too. I didn't really have much complaints about the movie besides the forced humor. It worked for the movie though. I didn't mind that hulk talked, it was cool seeing him in control like he could be in the comics. Expected surtur to be more badass. Wanted to see thor ? hela with the axe but having ragnarok happen was a creative way to end it
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    ? was good af. I was irritated at Matt Damon cameo but that's about it. Everything else was lit.
    It was way funnier than i expected it to be...I thought it would be more on the corny/childish side but i was legit laughing throughout. Korg had me dying.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    ? was good af. I was irritated at Matt Damon cameo but that's about it. Everything else was lit.
    It was way funnier than i expected it to be...I thought it would be more on the corny/childish side but i was legit laughing throughout. Korg had me dying.

Yall notice Chris Hemsworth's actual brother Luke (from HBO's Westworld) was playing Thor in the play ? lmaoo
  • soul rattler
    Options

I've heard a few people complain about the Matt Damon cameo. Like just recognizing him just pulled people out of the film.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Film really doesn't hold up on repeat viewing, the replay value just dies because of the joke rate.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

Yall notice Chris Hemsworth's actual brother Luke (from HBO's Westworld) was playing Thor in the play ? lmaoo

Oh ? i didn't know that was his brother. I kept wondering why he looked so much like thor tho lol
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Film really doesn't hold up on repeat viewing, the replay value just dies because of the joke rate.

I feel the same way. I enjoyed the movie, but I dont really feel a reason to want to see it again for a long time. After civil war and Strange i wanted to see those movies again same weekend haha.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did Odin die thought he was a ? . He could have given gis power to thor before he died was he already dead?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did Odin die thought he was a ? . He could have given gis power to thor before he died was he already dead?

Norse gods aren't technically immortal. They are just long lived.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    The purpose of Ragnarok is so that Asgard can be reborn, isnt it? So we can probably expect Asgard to come back in some sort of way? Or yall think they will just populate a new area/realm?
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    The purpose of Ragnarok is so that Asgard can be reborn, isnt it? So we can probably expect Asgard to come back in some sort of way? Or yall think they will just populate a new area/realm?

Asgard was rebuilt but it was destroyed again too so we'll have to see. Hela i believe will return too
  • soul rattler
    Options

I feel the same way. I enjoyed the movie, but I dont really feel a reason to want to see it again for a long time. After civil war and Strange i wanted to see those movies again same weekend haha.

I'm in the same boat but that's exactly why I want to see it just one more time. I feel like those jokes may have distracted from some subtle things I may have missed.

That type of humor doesn't hold up over time.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

Asgard was rebuilt but it was destroyed again too so we'll have to see. Hela i believe will return too

I totally think Hela will return too. I think she will be Thanos' "Lady Death".

Theres rumors that a lot of people might appear in Infinity War besides the confirmed Superheros. Rumor sites are saying folks like Mandarin or Red Skull may make an appearance, but we will just have to wait and see.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

I totally think Hela will return too. I think she will be Thanos' "Lady Death".

Theres rumors that a lot of people might appear in Infinity War besides the confirmed Superheros. Rumor sites are saying folks like Mandarin or Red Skull may make an appearance, but we will just have to wait and see.

The real mandarin or that wack ? we got in IM3?
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

exactly, i tried to watch it for a third time yesterday and couldnt get past the hulk thor argument. Its a great comedy but i didnt go to see a comedy film. The fact that it doesnt really factor all that much into the larger picture of infinity war til the end hurts its replay value too. All the jokes hurt the stakes of ragnarok the event in itself. If you just found out you had a sister you didnt know about, your father died, and your world and all the people in it was about to be destroyed would you be in a jokey ass jovial mood? On a side note im glad as ? they changed the odin death scene. Imagine if ? Odin died in a back alley in nyc next to a ? dumpster. Thatd be some blasphemous ? right there.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Looks like a strong chance of xmen and avengers together in the future

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/11/06/disney-buys-21st-century-fox/