The Official Dragonball Super Thread (All my DBZ fans come in here)

Options

Comments

• KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Episode 118 finally universe 2 and them love ? are erased! Preview doesnt say who, but with episode 17's description. Who else could it be? Check herms98 twitter.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Episode 118 finally universe 2 and them love ? are erased! Preview doesnt say who, but with episode 17's description. Who else could it be? Check herms98 twitter.

Could be U6 as well
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thought the rhibrainna waz from U4
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »

Could be U6 as well

Kalfura isnt mentioned after her battle with UI goku. Seems like they were elminated
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok I'm out too many spoilers
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Could be U6 as well

Kalfura isnt mentioned after her battle with UI goku. Seems like they were elminated

Damn shame it's gonna take his trump card to beat what should've been Gohans test to make him step up
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »

Could be U6 as well

Damn shame it's gonna take his trump card to beat what should've been Gohans test to make him step up

It is what it is wit super.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Could be U6 as well

It is what it is wit super.

Is it..

Bad writing?
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is it..

Bad writing?

The whole arc is bad writing. Probably the worst in the series, and not just because of the power scaling. It's a bunch of ? .

But to keep it 100, Kafla being this strong is consistent with dragonball history. Fusions give characters dumb power boosts they have no business getting. There was no way in hell Piccolo and Nail should have been enough to fight form 2 Freeza. Base Vegito was probably stronger than he should have been. Kafla being this strong isn't garbage because it doesn't make sense in the z-universe, its cause they’re two characters reaching power in three hours we watched the main cast achieve over 20 years.

The power scaling is the worst this series has ever had, but that can be looked past if the story telling is good. But its trash. The writers don’t understand story at all, and they don't give a ? what's already happened in the series. Deadly combination.

ToP is still a fun arc i'm enjoying just because its dragonball. But that’s the only reason. Brand loyalty to characters I would watch no matter what. They could have IC ? writing this show, and because it would still be goku and vegeta and piccolo on the screen, everybody would watch. You could have the dumbest IC posters write Super, and it would probably have the same complain to praise ratio super does right now. That’s how bad the writing is, and how strong the dragonball brand is. Anybody could write this ? and still have a hit show people watched and ? about every week.

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Power scaling is off and confusing. No way should they be able to keep up with SSG or SSB. That’s def bad writing to me on that. I just want Goku to win. And show these ? what’s up. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm for ultra instinct
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Power scaling is off and confusing. No way should they be able to keep up with SSG or SSB. That’s def bad writing to me on that. I just want Goku to win. And show these ? what’s up. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm for ultra instinct

Again the tournament of power arc ends in march it's no where close to anyone winning ATM
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? ... I've been waiting 2 years for this glorious day!! :bawling: :joy:
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah ? that
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol the U6 saiyans went from base form to on the cusp of SS3 in a day
  • OmegaConflict
    Options

Nah ? that

I agree but gohan should die. He has no deaths
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    primewire.ag stopped working anyone know of any site that has the new episodes?
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

Casuals
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    When you think about it they didn't put up much of a fight against SSG Goku. Technically he beat them effortlessly and eliminated them until they used the potara earrings. But I get what y'all are saying.

The thing with Goku is he's always giving ? a chance and it ? with the power scaling you'd think he'd easily have the advantage over which he does of course. Vegeta and Trunks would never stand for that ? and the writer's know that this is why we don't see enemies start with them first. Neither would Frieza or Piccolo stand for the ? . A lot of characters are appearing better than they need to. Goku didn't have to let Krillin think he stood a chance against a SSB in their power exchange before the tournament. Krillin not stupid he knows he's not ? with Goku...

I just wish Buu showed up I'd have loved to see the look on the Kai's faces when they seen him show up LOLOL.

Im glad you rationalize it this way. Reddit be on Toeiyamas ? more than his wife. ? crazy how they with go to lengths to defend the writing
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ? confuse "bad writing" with "I don't like this," which isn't the same argument.

Kale fought ? form by herself. It stands to reason if she fuses she's much stronger than ? form. That ? is basic logic.

The fact is Kale and Caulifla are new, so people hate them for being able to keep up but these same ? were cool with Gohan surpassing a fused SS3 while doing nothing , Goten & Trunks even being able to achieve SS3 (JUST BY SEEING IT ONCE! mind you), i mean if you want to be a ? Gohan harming Raditz is ? . Him hurting Frieza is "bad writing" we can do that ? all day.

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's been known that Gohan has the potential to be the strongest saiyan since his birth but he always holds back so what is you saying
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the most memed moments in the entire Dragon Ball Z series is the statement by Vegeta that Goku’s power level is “Over 9000” when he returns to face off against him and Nappa. It’s now a famous part of internet culture and pops up on nearly every anime message there is.

But not many people know that it’s a mistake. In the manga, Vegeta says Goku’s power level is only 8000. The change was made when DBZ was translated into English. Saying “It’s over 9000” better suited the lip and face animations of Vegeta, so the decision was made to up Goku’s power level by 1000. It might seem a little unfair that Goku got a power boost because of some bad lip-sync, but at least he’s the hero.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the most memed moments in the entire Dragon Ball Z series is the statement by Vegeta that Goku’s power level is “Over 9000” when he returns to face off against him and Nappa. It’s now a famous part of internet culture and pops up on nearly every anime message there is.

But not many people know that it’s a mistake. In the manga, Vegeta says Goku’s power level is only 8000. The change was made when DBZ was translated into English. Saying “It’s over 9000” better suited the lip and face animations of Vegeta, so the decision was made to up Goku’s power level by 1000. It might seem a little unfair that Goku got a power boost because of some bad lip-sync, but at least he’s the hero.

Thanks man
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    ? confuse "bad writing" with "I don't like this," which isn't the same argument.

Kale fought ? form by herself. It stands to reason if she fuses she's much stronger than ? form. That ? is basic logic.

The fact is Kale and Caulifla are new, so people hate them for being able to keep up but these same ? were cool with Gohan surpassing a fused SS3 while doing nothing , Goten & Trunks even being able to achieve SS3 (JUST BY SEEING IT ONCE! mind you), i mean if you want to be a ? Gohan harming Raditz is ? . Him hurting Frieza is "bad writing" we can do that ? all day.

I agree with what you're saying about Gotenks and the others but Kale and Caulifla iuno - Kale isn't stronger than SSG or SSB and I think next episode will show that. Last episode they were tossed by SSG Goku. But the way they portrayed her I think ? off a lot of people. I blame Goku man cuz I know for a fact that Frieza and Vegeta could have handled her. Jiren barely lifted a finger and beat her and SSB Goku and Hit still forced Jiren to try.

She's not stronger, but she can compete.
    Goku was fairly serious in Ep 114 and Kale was still undamaged.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    jono wrote: »

I agree with what you're saying about Gotenks and the others but Kale and Caulifla iuno - Kale isn't stronger than SSG or SSB and I think next episode will show that. Last episode they were tossed by SSG Goku. But the way they portrayed her I think ? off a lot of people. I blame Goku man cuz I know for a fact that Frieza and Vegeta could have handled her. Jiren barely lifted a finger and beat her and SSB Goku and Hit still forced Jiren to try.

>_>

I blame these trash ass writers at Toei. Iono wtf what you talkin bout, fam.