Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still early but I said before the season started that I needed to see more from Capela and so far his numbers are up in every statistical category despite not having a big change in minutes played so far

Biggest and most important improvements imo is his ft% and rebounding.......He's increased his free throw percentage every year he's been in the league (last year he was at 53% now he's up to 71%) rebounding up from 8 to almost 11 per game

That price tag is only going up as the season progresses and he continues to get better but Morey said he'll match any offer that comes his way so it'll be interesting to see how we handle this next summer
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    23405837_2014227121929453_3833307396476414012_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=0fd6bb68b6b1a0f421c01def09ac5149&oe=5A9843C6

It's amazing how Bron separated himself from everybody else but that's a good look for Melo

Iverson in 2001 >>> Melo's career

This isn't to mention Iverson brought a different type of swagger to the league for none basketball related reasons. The cornrows, the tats, the unwavering attitude of not giving a damn. Dude influenced the game as much as anyone after the Jordan era ended.

I've said it before Melo reminds me a lot of another guy who also played in Denver in Alex English. Dude was a scoring machine but not winner outside of putting up numbers.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In my opinion, PG isn't a first option on a championship caliber team, I've said the same thing about Jimmy Butler too.

Both guys are nice additions to teams with already established stars though. KAT hasn't done it long enough for me to call him a star but he's getting there Westbrook on the otherhand is a star.

If Westbrook played in a better system with better coaching with his skill set the ish would be scary. Imagine Westbrook playing for a Greg Popvich coached team for example.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of Iverson’s fans are fatherless
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody always says "if X player played with Pop" how they would be so much better of a player. Its not that simple. A lot of the times the chemistry would not work as well as we would want it to work for basketball reasons.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The amount of players that passed through new orleans in the last 4 years is staggering lol
  • D.D.S.
    Options
    That OKC ? ain’t gonna work. Too many alphas on one team.
  • D.D.S.
    Options
    Beta is such a trolling ? . Go ahead and flag this too and/or reply with thanks man, you idiot
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    Beta is such a trolling ? . Go ahead and flag this too and/or reply with thanks man, you idiot

Quick say something insightful that's not rehashed or an unoriginal basketball opinion
  • D.D.S.
    Options
    Quick! Post something that doesn’t regurgitate ESPN stats
  • D.D.S.
    Options
    You lame as ? . You hide behind computer screens, run from fades, and don’t know how to talk to ? in person. Lol at you calling somebody a clown. And you have a ? Disney tattoo on your wrist like a female. Your father failed you.