AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has calderon played this season?
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man ? these ?
    not how you operate in crunch time

Got room on that htown bandwagon pleighboi.

flagged off gp. im a one team kinda man. not my fault casey cant draw up a play to save his life and masai lost in the sauce :'(
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knicks overall look much better without melo to start the season and the thunder tonight look better

melo a one man franchise wrecking machine, no wonder phil was openly trying to get rid of him
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Maybe Paul George needs to be the number 1 option....
    37 points on 56% shooting ? be looking effortless...
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    russ is ridiculous he put on some kinda super human speed to grab that steal just now
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He should be the #1 option on offense like Durant was with westbrook there while melo is Jeff green or James Harden but that's the issue
  • Beta
    Options
    Harrison Barnes just needs to get better on D but he's been playing well averaging 24 and 9 the last 5 games
  • Beta
    Options
    “I’ve never been a ? player in my life,” Waiters said. “I went for the ball. Tell him to get out of his feelings and that’s what it is, just like that.”

Shoulda also said Tell em' I said that...?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't think it's like melo been tryna take #1 option from pg, it's just they hadn't figured a pecking order out, billy Donovan offense is ass imo, plus pg was settling a lot. Imo melo was playing the best, or at least scoring the best, I'm glad pg found his groove tho
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knicks overall look much better without melo to start the season and the thunder tonight look better

melo a one man franchise wrecking machine, no wonder phil was openly trying to get rid of him

OLYMPIC MELO >>>>>>>> NBA MELO.

He is a Iverson type player imo. Surround him with defensive oriented players that will get you stops then let him cook on offense. He is 35, maybe he can come out the bench for the Thunder.

When Westbrook, George and Melo are on the floor, i dont even want to watch them. ? looks like playing 2k with a dumb opponent : ball hogging with the supertar.

The Thunder can copy the Grizzlies system. You dont really see the diff between the starters and the bench. Thats why they thriving so far, to the point of beating the Warriors.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

He should be the #1 option on offense like Durant was with westbrook there while melo is Jeff green or James Harden but that's the issue

How about FEEDING THE HOTEST HAND though?
    Its safe to say that with the three star on the floor, a mismatch will probably occur in most of the games. They dont exploit that imo.
    George doesnt need that extra energy Westbrook spends in order to punish the opposition. He is the most efficient of them 3. Yet there will be some Times where TAZMABROOK will be just unstoppable. Same with Melo.
    Sometimes just do do it like the Spurs: they dont care if you are a rookie like Forbes or a 40 yo Manu. Take what the game gives you.

• Beta
    Options
    Well yeah but FEEDING THE HOT HAND isn't the same as HIERARCHY AND OFFENSIVE STRATEGY game in and game out

Lol
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    Well yeah but FEEDING THE HOT HAND isn't the same as HIERARCHY AND OFFENSIVE STRATEGY game in and game out

Lol

Right. Nevertheless there are games where you dictate with your strategy and hierachy and ones where you depend on what is given to you as a team.

I mean by that THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO FORCE THINGS AND BE ONE SIDED. That Thunder offense looks non fuid as ? imo. You can see it at the body language of the players. At this point they will be destroyed at the first round.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    The Rockets still havent learned there lesson from last year. They runnin and gunnin towards a semi final collapse at best. They prepare themselves for a Warriors team they will never meet in the WCF because they will get tired and lazy. You cant play 82 games at this pace ? and be fresh in the playoffs got dammit !!!
    ? Forbid they meet the Grizzlies.

Smh
  • AZTG
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Bruh its the NBA, talent trumps all. Regardless of what it looks like now OKC has alot of talent.

Seen this movie before, a team with a bunch of stars struggle early on, casual fans write them off, team figures it out halfway through the season and looks good, same casual fans give them their props.

Depending on matchups, OKC will get to the 2nd round, and they are talented enough to get hot and beat any team in the 2nd round except for gsw.

I dont expect okc to get passed the 2nd round though.
  • AZTG
    edited November 2017
    Options
    OKC needs to figure out what to do with roberson though. I understand what roberson gives them defensively but your 2 cannot give you 4 points a game shooting 25% from 3. I'm not sure if the answer is on their team cause they got the right idea there with a defensive orientated player but it needs to be someone who can atleast finish layups. No lie i seen roberson cut to the rim from the baseline, get the ball, and miss a open layup multiple times this year.

I agree with the notion that they need roberson and he should still be getting 25 minutes a game but I dont think him and adams can start and finish games together, they're just too easy to shut down like that.
  • Beta
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    OKC needs to figure out what to do with roberson though. I understand what roberson gives them defensively but your 2 cannot give you 4 points a game shooting 25% from 3. I'm not sure if the answer is on their team cause they got the right idea there with a defensive orientated player but it needs to be someone who can atleast finish layups. No lie i seen roberson cut to the rim from the baseline, get the ball, and miss a open layup multiple times this year.

I agree with the notion that they need roberson and he should still be getting 25 minutes a game but I dont think him and adams can start and finish games together, they're just too easy to shut down like that.

Why not? Hes playing with 3 guys who are/can average 20+ points

He has one job and he does it
  • AZTG
    Options

Eh, I got time today.

Question is what are we talking about? 3 stars getting their points? If so, you are right, they are all averaging 20+ points and "doing their job"

Im talking about maximizing wins though. Ill tell you why it doesnt work. If you watch their games, the player guarding roberson always sags off of him and provides help to the on ball defender. This makes it harder for the 3 to "do their job"

If you watch any of their games, whenever they have any type of ball movement, the ball will be cutting up the defense, you will see a play developing, and as soon as roberson gets the ball the defense relaxes, everyone gets back into place and any play that was developing dies.

Im not saying they need another scorer, im saying they need someone who will primarily defend but who the defense will have to close out on. No lie forget letting him shoot, defenses just let roberson cut to the rim just to get the ball in his hand and then either foul him or watch him miss a layup.
  • Beta
    Options
    Also if Billy Donovan's inept ass can't fix the offensive issues as far as pecking order than he needs to at least make PG into the two way player he was I would say...before he broke his leg

PG was there with golden eagle and Jimmy as far as two way players but I feel like when he was hurt he focused more than anything on scoring. And he scores so effortlessly as someone said and honestly when he shoots I expect it to go in Every time...

Like if he can't make melo the third scoring option then turn PG back into the long defender he was and combined with Roberson, opposing wings won't be able to eat
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I assume chris paul is coming back sometime this week. I wish dantoni would bring his ass off the bench though. Eric Gordon been beasting. I understand they gotta get the chemistry/rotation down and all that but I wouldnt ? up whats working.
  • AZTG
    Options
    Also if Billy Donovan's inept ass can't fix the offensive issues as far as pecking order than he needs to at least make PG into the two way player he was I would say...before he broke his leg

PG was there with golden eagle and Jimmy as far as two way players but I feel like when he was hurt he focused more than anything on scoring. And he scores so effortlessly as someone said and honestly when he shoots I expect it to go in Every time...

Like if he can't make melo the third scoring option then turn PG back into the long defender he was and combined with Roberson, opposing wings won't be able to eat

I agree. OKCs offense should always focus on getting the rebound and westbrook attacking the rim and either score or dish to an open PG or Melo get fast break point. When they inbound and dont have a fast break oppurtunity, they should focus on running a play for PG and getting him the ball in his spots, and once that doesnt work, give the ball to melo with 7 seconds left and let him post up or take the jab step jumper.

But also to he totally real, PG stopped defending on the level of Jimmy and Kawhi the year before he got hurt. Hes still a good defender but he hasnt shut anyone down as soon as he became a 20 point scorer.
  • AZTG
    Options

Eh, I got time today.

Question is what are we talking about? 3 stars getting their points? If so, you are right, they are all averaging 20+ points and "doing their job"

Im talking about maximizing wins though. Ill tell you why it doesnt work. If you watch their games, the player guarding roberson always sags off of him and provides help to the on ball defender. This makes it harder for the 3 to "do their job"

If you watch any of their games, whenever they have any type of ball movement, the ball will be cutting up the defense, you will see a play developing, and as soon as roberson gets the ball the defense relaxes, everyone gets back into place and any play that was developing dies.

Im not saying they need another scorer, im saying they need someone who will primarily defend but who the defense will have to close out on. No lie forget letting him shoot, defenses just let roberson cut to the rim just to get the ball in his hand and then either foul him or watch him miss a layup.

k2qoo3mstkyo.gif

beta let me handle this.

edit I gotta check some #'s real quick

Aye, yall could come at me at the same time, im ready for war.