sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    sunlord wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    LPast wrote: »
    Check this... There was a time when women were expected to wait till marriage to have sex... Maybe they would wait until they were 21, 22

Think of asking a woman to do that today? How long would she be waiting?

These things are factors...

She's not waiting. women changed the sexual dynamics between the sexes they wanted sexual liberation and they got it and as a result young men basically have almost no respect for women and whole generations of women no longer have and respect for chastity or modesty.

The welfare state, social liberalism, normalization of homosexuality and transgenderism, atheism/ anti-theism, no fault divorce.

all these things being so rampant is a result of the break down of the family and traditional values which would never had happened if not for feminism.

I don't see issues with these. Times are changing and you have to move with change. Change is the only thing constant.

Change makes history but change can lead to death...... change is also inevitable therefore we study the patterns of history and try to avoid making the same societal collapsing decisions.

Yeah none of them societal collapsing.

you might what to study the sexually deviant culture of the latter roman empire and their ? up social welfare system before you make that claim.

when they began to throw away their "roman values" they began to lose their sense of self and family understandings of gender roles and eventually political order broke down. family structures and the sense of order they create empower people but they take a long time to come into being. when they begin to erode the society that created them begins to decline and eventually collapse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8BRdwgPChQ

The greatest roman leaders knew this which is way as far back as Augustus roman rulers often tried to focus on moral family reforms.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    0c2tohmz0mxu.png
    5tt3ufzfc9ks.png
    zo8vnit3oz9g.png

Thoughts?

Dumb ? and part of the reason is hard to take feminists seriously.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    0c2tohmz0mxu.png
    5tt3ufzfc9ks.png
    zo8vnit3oz9g.png

Thoughts?

Why do you always attribute any "dumb ? " any woman may say to feminism

And regardless does feminism have a monopoly on "dumb ? "

Are you a Christian?
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    0c2tohmz0mxu.png
    5tt3ufzfc9ks.png
    zo8vnit3oz9g.png

Thoughts?

Are you a Christian?

he can be a Christian and identify nonsense like feminism for what it is and I don't see how a Christian could support feminism
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    0c2tohmz0mxu.png
    5tt3ufzfc9ks.png
    zo8vnit3oz9g.png

Thoughts?

Are you a Christian?

he can be a Christian and identify nonsense like feminism for what it is and I don't see how a Christian could support feminism

I was gonna say Christians, Democrats, Muslims, Social Conservatives, etc say dumb ? as well

But i dont think we should use that as means to make sweeping generalizations....or as an excuse to disregard, dismiss entire ideologies , religions

At least without good cause...It lazy to me...

And no I'm not an atheist
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    0c2tohmz0mxu.png
    5tt3ufzfc9ks.png
    zo8vnit3oz9g.png

Thoughts?

Are you a Christian?

lol Because feminists are the ones saying that ? . The average female ain't running around complaining about being referred to as females. Claiming that the word "female" is dehumanizing is some feminist ? .

Yes, I am a Christian, and yes a large percentage of people who claim to be Christians are full of ? . Unlike you, me subscribing to a certain philosophy doesn't prevent me from admitting the negatives associated with that philosophy and those who push it.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    0c2tohmz0mxu.png
    5tt3ufzfc9ks.png
    zo8vnit3oz9g.png

Thoughts?

Are you a Christian?

lol Because feminists are the ones saying that ? . The average female ain't running around complaining about being referred to as females. Claiming that the word "female" is dehumanizing is some feminist ? .

Yes, I am a Christian, and yes a large percentage of people who claim to be Christians are full of ? . Unlike you, me subscribing to a certain philosophy doesn't prevent me from admitting the negatives associated with that philosophy and those who push it.

Lol

Have you conducted a survey, done ur own research?

Refer to the older women in ur family as "females" within earshot ...see what they have to say

My mother, who is a traditionalist, believes broads is basically a polite way of saying “? ” so she would have some words for you

And ive admitted the negatives multiple times...in this thread as well when i spoke on conditional feminist

Maybe im not down on feminism as much as you'd like because shocker we dont agree on a lot
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I'd rather be called a broad than a female...cuz broad is funny to me.

Getting called a female gives me "you people" vibes...foh with that ? lol
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

I caught myself using females the other day ...imma blame my time on the IC lol

Heard it a lot growing up but now that I'm alil older it does rub me the wrong way

And usually nothing nice follows
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    0c2tohmz0mxu.png
    5tt3ufzfc9ks.png
    zo8vnit3oz9g.png

Thoughts?

Are you a Christian?

Lol

Refer to the older women in ur family as "females" within earshot ...see what they have to say

My mother, who is a traditionalist, believes broads is basically a polite way of saying “? ” so she would have some words for you

And ive admitted the negatives multiple times...in this thread as well when i spoke on conditional feminist

Maybe im not down on feminism as much as you'd like because shocker we dont agree on a lot

@Madame_CJSkywalker

@atribecalledgabi

How do you two feel about being referred to as "chicks?"
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Idc. Chicks, broads, ? , ladies, hoes...idc. tone/context means more to me than the words themselves.

I don't like female tho lol. I don't get up in arms about it cuz it's not that serious to me...I'd just prefer something else.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    0c2tohmz0mxu.png
    5tt3ufzfc9ks.png
    zo8vnit3oz9g.png

Thoughts?

Are you a Christian?

Lol

I've used the word females around older women in my family. Hell older women in my family have used the word females in reference to women that I or other males in my family have dated. And "broads" is different than "female." "Broad" in the past has been used as a less that respectful way to refer to women. The same can't be said for "female." It's a completely inert word.

And you criticize some feminist viewpoints, but you like to act as if all the negative ? is from extremists. That's not the truth. Just like you know as well as I know, that outrage of the use of the word "female" is not something that is common among the average woman. It's feminist pushed rhetoric. If that's not true, post examples of non feminist women making a big deal over that.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    Feel indifferent towards chicks

Prefer ladies, women naturally
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I say females.

Lady is a title. Woman is a statement of maturity, and since feminists think "not all women have vaginas, not all men have penises" female is the general descriptor but specific enough to exclude foolery.

Feminists hate female because they feel like it's a man's way of calling her a ? without saying ? . You can say the word aggressively.
    This was back in the day when calling a ? , a ? was taboo. ? was scared.

bfzm9lehplqj.gif

I told her if i wanna call you a ? , I'll call you a ? , ? . Just to emphasize the point that females will react like i thought, running they mouth.

Females tryna control labels is part of social engineering. I drew my line in the sand. If you say females now, these hoes will use it as a signal to denote your politics, your willingness to comply.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How the ? does fem male offend y’all??

It’s the feminine version of the male....nothing more than recognizing the difference between ? and ? and according to y’all , yalls difference needs to be recognized as a part of yalls humanity...

Can Somebody articulate why you don’t like it or how it rubs you the wrong way?
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The term female doesn't bother me one way or the other. It's simply a reality, right? The other words the IC and my community use like water hit harder. The use of "b" or "h" (fill it in, I don't swear) to refer to women has become normalized and that's sad.
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    The term female doesn't bother me one way or the other. It's simply a reality, right? The other words the IC and my community use like water hit harder. The use of "b" or "h" (fill it in, I don't swear) to refer to women has become normalized and that's sad.

well said sista

I can't believe we're at a point where ppl (and when I say people, I mean weak minded white women with nothing better to do) are offended by every little thing down to terms like female. Seriously, the ? is stupid and nothing more than a pathetic attempt at gaining strength through control and manipulation. Be mad about the other other words not gender descriptors.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've heard this from women before. The truth is y'all don't like being called females because the word female is associated with being weak and fragile. Again a backwards mindframe to be insecure of who and what you are and that is a female
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when did female become a negative word? im so out da loop
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I use female as apposed to woman a lot of times as a derogatory term for women who aren't quite women yet. Females are the 'strange woman' of the bible, the one people are warned to stay away from. Young girls with no experience in life or men are also females.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    when did female become a negative word? im so out da loop

When women got the right to speak in public. They immediately used that right to ? .

I'm kidding.

It's true though.

wGdM5.gif
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    How the ? does fem male offend y’all??

It’s the feminine version of the male....nothing more than recognizing the difference between ? and ? and according to y’all , yalls difference needs to be recognized as a part of yalls humanity...

Can Somebody articulate why you don’t like it or how it rubs you the wrong way?

I don't know that I have ever, outside of the context of science and research, heard a man or woman refer to other men as "males"

Have you?

But no female isnt inherently a derogatory word
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    0c2tohmz0mxu.png
    5tt3ufzfc9ks.png
    zo8vnit3oz9g.png

Thoughts?

Are you a Christian?

Lol

I've used the word females around older women in my family. Hell older women in my family have used the word females in reference to women that I or other males in my family have dated. And "broads" is different than "female." "Broad" in the past has been used as a less that respectful way to refer to women. The same can't be said for "female." It's a completely inert word.

And you criticize some feminist viewpoints, but you like to act as if all the negative ? is from extremists. That's not the truth. Just like you know as well as I know, that outrage of the use of the word "female" is not something that is common among the average woman. It's feminist pushed rhetoric. If that's not true, post examples of non feminist women making a big deal over that.

Lol

Believe me or not i know women who dont like to being referred to as females ...many whom dont subscribe to feminism ...Or who may use it themselves to refer to a woman or women they typically don't care for

There are worst words. I'm not gonna trip about being called a female. Again im guilty of using it myself. But i can understand and respect another woman for having an issue with it. It has been used to strip women of their subjectivity. Majority of the time i hear the word female nothing nice follows. And I dont believe its our right to tell others how to feel

At the end of the day a words definition is constructed by general consensus. All words. So if women in general decide that a word is an insult, the general population of women keeps asking people not to use it that way, and the majority of people who use it the way they are describing are doing so as a means to disparage a demographic. Then that particular usage is sexist

• atribecalledgabi
    edited November 2017
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

I've heard this from women before. The truth is y'all don't like being called females because the word female is associated with being weak and fragile. Again a backwards mindframe to be insecure of who and what you are and that is a female

I mean you coulda just asked me instead of reaching.

Ever since ice cube said it Friday "man that's a female!" I hated the way it sounded coming out his mouth. Like super aggressive and harsh for no reason lmao So now every time I hear it or read it i hear it in his voice lol. Aint no feminist reason behind it. I really don't care tho...this ain't the hill I wana die on