Democrat Vs Republican

Options
13»

Comments

• _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    Independent
    also, people might not be sure of what certain terms mean...

just because I'm "Independent," doesn't mean I voted for Bernie, or that someone will automatically support the "Independent" candidate. being Independent means not being beholden to any party. period.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    CapitalB wrote: »
    For the "both parties are the same" folk

Would it be too much to ask for you to list or post examples of some the legislation & policies you support & agree with from Republicans/Conservatives

ex.

I agree with the Democratic party that the national minimum wage should be raise,
    not necessarily to $15, but at the very least $10 in hour
    Democrats officially introduce $15 minimum wage bill
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-officially-introduce-15-minimum-wage-bill/article/2624158

Top congressional Democrats officially introduced legislation Thursday to raise the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2024, up from its current level of $7.25.

The move marks a stark policy change for the party, which was promoting an increase to just $10.50 as recently as 2015.

google Malcolm X ? ? .

I know what Malcolm said and why he said at the time you block head ?

oh so u sayin “times have changed”

what he said 50somethin years ago has no relevancy in todays day!?

is that what ur really tryin to say ? boy?!

No, twinkle toes

I'm saying too many of you smart dumb-? latch on to that one statement made by Brother Malcolm 53 years ago, as if somehow you know he would STILL agree with what he said then

When unlike you, Malcolm showed that he had the capability to grow and change his mind, and admit he may have been wrong or too harsh on some of his previous stances

Because it doesn't fit your chosen narrative, you want to conveniently ignore the fact he became more "liberal" when he returned from his trip from Mecca

Cut it out. He returned more learned, patient and compassionate. Don't drop these euro, anti-people terms on brother Malcolm.

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

Would it be too much to ask for you to list or post examples of some the legislation & policies you support & agree with from Republicans/Conservatives

ex.

I agree with the Democratic party that the national minimum wage should be raise,
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-officially-introduce-15-minimum-wage-bill/article/2624158

Top congressional Democrats officially introduced legislation Thursday to raise the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2024, up from its current level of $7.25.

The move marks a stark policy change for the party, which was promoting an increase to just $10.50 as recently as 2015.

google Malcolm X ? ? .

No, twinkle toes

I'm saying too many of you smart dumb-? latch on to that one statement made by Brother Malcolm 53 years ago, as if somehow you know he would STILL agree with what he said then

When unlike you, Malcolm showed that he had the capability to grow and change his mind, and admit he may have been wrong or too harsh on some of his previous stances

Because it doesn't fit your chosen narrative, you want to conveniently ignore the fact he became more "liberal" when he returned from his trip from Mecca

Cut it out. He returned more learned, patient and compassionate. Don't drop these euro, anti-people terms on brother Malcolm.

liberal: Willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.

• AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Independent
    So, brother Malcolm is a liberal now?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Independent
    _Jay wrote: »
    also, people might not be sure of what certain terms mean...

just because I'm "Independent," doesn't mean I voted for Bernie, or that someone will automatically support the "Independent" candidate. being Independent means not being beholden to any party. period.

We realize both parties are full of ?
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Independent
    are y'all talking about the ballot or the bullet?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Independent

ex.

google Malcolm X ? ? .

No, twinkle toes

cause thats the one statement ? latch too or is it the most pertinent statement to the same ? u continue to ask like ? changed!!?

and lol@ Malcolm bein more liberal POLITICALLY after his return trip to Mecca..
    REALLY!!?!

no seriously ? ..

who the ? sent u!?
  • a.mann
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    So, brother Malcolm is a liberal now?

Not the political caricature envisioned by the likes Rush Limbaugh,Fox News,hotep faux black militants etc.

• CapitalB
    Options
    Independent
    Malcolm was more liberal in the sense he was willing to not be as extreme as he was before in regards to working with white people..

but he made it clear their parameters.. and the conditions he’d be willing to work..

if the ? started leanin towards ANY PARTY please provide ur sources or forever shut the ? up!

Malcolm was about starting an INDEPENDENT PARTY that would vote in line to WHICHEVER Party that would benefit black people as a whole..

so again ? ? !

google or utube if u need answers to yo ? question..
  • a.mann
    Options
    Malcolm was more liberal in the sense he was willing to not be as extreme as he was before in regards to working with white people...

This is basically what I just said you cantankerous son of ?

lol
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Independent
    Malcolm was more liberal in the sense he was willing to not be as extreme as he was before in regards to working with white people...

lol

what that gotta do wit voting democrat and republicans tho as u was tryin to insinuate!?
  • a.mann
    Options

lol

what that gotta do wit voting democrat and republicans tho as u was tryin to insinuate!?

? ain't you the one who injected Malcolm into this, like some bootleg Umar Johnson?

My point was Malcolm changed many of his views and positions when he returned from Mecca, as you just admitted yourself, he became more liberal
    so you can't just used his comments before he went there,as a statements of facts

You, I or anyone else can't say for sure how he would feel about the Democrats or Republicans today...in 2017

I'll say he sure as hell wont be heading over to Trump Towers like those black buffoons (your boy Steve Harvey and the rest) to kiss the ring of the Donald and Republicans thinking THEY will be purposing polices to address education reform,justice reform,health care etc.

• AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Independent

lol

? ain't you the one who injected Malcolm into this, like some bootleg Umar Johnson?

My point was Malcolm changed many of his views and positions when he returned from Mecca, as you just admitted yourself, he became more liberal
    so you can't just used his comments before he went there,as a statements of facts

You, I or anyone else can't say for sure how he would feel about the Democrats or Republicans today...in 2017

I'll say he sure as hell wont be heading over to Trump Towers like those black buffoons (your boy Steve Harvey and the rest) to kiss the ring of the Donald and Republicans thinking THEY will be purposing polices to address education reform,justice reform,health care etc.

Just because someone might be liberal in some views, doesn’t mean that person overall isn’t moderate or conservative. That could be flipped as well. Being conservative isn’t a bad thing. Just like being liberal isn’t, but you should try not to be all in on either.

I doubt he would’ve been down for the voting of the lesser evil, like many ? in here and the outside world were for. If you feel something is evil or it goes against what you believe or stand for, then why vote for it. No matter the party. Like brotha @CapitalB stated, he was for us as a people to make those in the government earn their vote.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Whether Democrat or Republican The same scumbag government. With scumbag ways of running ? " ILL Bill
  • a.mann
    Options

AggieLean. wrote: »

lol

Just because someone might be liberal in some views, doesn’t mean that person overall isn’t moderate or conservative. That could be flipped as well. Being conservative isn’t a bad thing. Just like being liberal isn’t, but you should try not to be all in on either.

I doubt he would’ve been down for the voting of the lesser evil, like many ? in here and the outside world were for. If you feel something is evil or it goes against what you believe or stand for, then why vote for it. No matter the party. Like brotha @CapitalB stated, he was for us as a people to make those in the government earn their vote.

Of course ,no one is ALL liberal or conservative in their personal or political views

but the bold is becoming somewhat of a cop-out for a lot of ? to be idle
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Independent
    i always understood Democrats to be for the poor so that’s why I would vote for them. I have one living Grand Dad and would hate to see him, or others who struggle, negatively impacted by republican policy. And I also happen to believe that the vast majority citizens in this country is more left. But strangely that is not what we see being represented in our government as far as who is in control.

Anyway I quit using Democrat as political designation for myself a few years ago when I found out these mf is no more trustworthy than the average shady corporation.

I chose Independent, but not as much as a political identity as a lifestyle. Lifestyle is one of my biggest objective at the moment, and as far as i can tell, independent is clearly the way to go. I think future belongs to independents and people who have capacity to survive off their own networks. Cuz both these parties work for the same system which is used to ? over people, keep them struggling, and barely getting by these mf is not letting nobody win in this ? . Only independents and rich ? is winning
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im definitely liberal leaning. I'm conservative in some ways ... maybe fiscally ... But Im not against taxes.

The system is inherently designed to provoke distrust and skepticism tho. I've come to the conclusion that there is no form of government that I will ever be exponentially satisfied with.... so at best if Im just mildly disgusted by the actions of the US government, thats actually good for me.

As it stands now, I am thoroughly disgusted.

My super low expectations in general allowed me to thoroughly enjoy President Obama as president.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Independent
    Been registered to vote since 2004...as a Dem.

Voted for Kerry.

Voted in 08 for Obeezie.

Saw that this ? was ? , and registered as an Independent for 2012.

Voted for Dr. Stein in 2012, and 2016.