Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Wonder Woman did 821 million. Spider man did 880 million

im talking about domestic gross

The days when only domestic gross matters are long gone. A lot of these movies don't even debut in the US first anymore.

Nah regardless of an emphasis on the importance of the global market the majority of the return on investment for studios and production companies comes from domestic gross not international.

They get 50% of the domestic gross at a minimum. That is never the case with international. The pie gets divided many more ways globally.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    I'm debating on if i should go see this tonight or just wait til tomorrow and start the day off with it

Really tempted to see It tonight myself, but I'm going early tomorrow to avoid the big ass crowd haha

Same here gonna get there early and kick back in that thang
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    dont matter, WW opened less than Guardians or Spiderman and ended up outgrossing both of them

Because it didn't have that Zack Snyder stench

DC movies never fail at the box office regardless of criticism.

Due to the universe being "newer". You're cool with dc being reduced to transformers status? I'm not, Zack Snyder's absence will be a saving grace for the DCEU
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Got my tickets for tonight can’t wait
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    dont matter, WW opened less than Guardians or Spiderman and ended up outgrossing both of them

Due to the universe being "newer". You're cool with dc being reduced to transformers status? I'm not, Zack Snyder's absence will be a saving grace for the DCEU

Or because people grew up on dc. Wonder Woman sequel will do numbers cause she was awesome in the movie. MoS will do numbers because everyone is anticipating it and Superman has a fan base generations deep. The Batman solo film will do numbers cause its ? Batman. The most popular comic book character in the world. A Batman film has never not done big numbers.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder Woman did 821 million. Spider man did 880 million

im talking about domestic gross

The days when only domestic gross matters are long gone. A lot of these movies don't even debut in the US first anymore.

domestic marketing still matters

they release movies overseas to track how well it will perform here , because at the moment US still the biggest movie market in the world.

Oh no doubt. I'm not knocking domestic marketing. I'm just saying that you have to look at the whole picture when measuring the success of a movie. You can't just stop at the domestic gross.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Everyone that isn't critics have said the movie good to great. Movie critics are usually ? who want a 1hr dialogue describing the color of a tree. My homie saw and said it's not as good as GOTG 1 but close to GTOG 2

I saw a pretty fair reviewer that said it wasn't quite Avengers, but was roughly the same quality as AoU. For me that's cool. I didn't think AoU was great, but it was worth the price of admission.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I hated The Avengers and never bothered with AOU my expectations for JL are pretty much as low as you can get. Snyder has to have really ? up royally for me to come out disappointed.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options

Only the Fast and Furious franchise is Transformers status to me.

DC is trying they just have fans and critics that are never please , i do think yeah Zack Snyder might now have been good at the DC helm but everything DC will be in the shadow of the Dark Knight Franchise , so they will never satisfy anyone. They should just do what they do and say ? it.

• Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    I dont see the hate for AoU. It was dope
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ben Affleck won't be in the next Batman Standalone film the director doesn't want to work with him
  • Broddie
    Options
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Ben Affleck won't be in the next Batman Standalone film the director doesn't want to work with him

BODYBAG!
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

Im hearing a bunch of different reports. Affleck has been hinting that he wants to step down for awhile now. He recently did an interview on Kimmel saying he's trying to figure out how to bow out gracefully or some ? along those lines.

Reeves has stated that if Affleck was to leave he has someone in mind to replace him with.

Reports are saying Reeves wants Jake Gylynnhall (probably ? that up pretty bad) to take over for The Batman, but this will probably make the movie a standalone film, or based in the DCEU, but before BvS took place.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    That ? rumor again? And y'all believe it SMH

Check the sources
  • Broddie
    Options
    That ? rumor again? And y'all believe it SMH

Check the sources

We hear it at least once every 2 weeks. Then Reeves and Affleck deny it. It's becoming a meme at this point.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmfao, now a wave of reports saying affleck is for sure going to be in the batman. ? the internet.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Jake G would make a good Two-Face actually.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah they said he wasn't eyeing Gylynhall I read that last night
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Jake G would make a good Two-Face actually.

A better joker
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this movie was dope man