The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    Not sure about y'all....but I think Affleck is killing it as Batman and Bruce Wayne

And Jeremy Irons as Alfred is just as good. Alfred was never just a mere butler, but to see him THIS engaged in Bruce's "mission" makes far sense than any other film interpretation of the character

They need to get at least 2 Batman films out these guys

The guy in the Dark Knight trilogy was a good fit. He never struck me as just a butler. He gave off that British spy vibe.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gal Gadot is Killing it as Wonder Woman made me look stupid for doubting her. Never liked her like that but idk since she been cast as WW EBRC All Day
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ""professional"" reviews are on some ?

Here's how I see it

(Some) People are going to go see this film with low expectation but yet end of liking to loving it.....
    and they will recommend to their family,friends, co-workers etc.

Word of mouth is what will put this movie over
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure about y'all....but I think Affleck is killing it as Batman and Bruce Wayne

And Jeremy Irons as Alfred is just as good. Alfred was never just a mere butler, but to see him THIS engaged in Bruce's "mission" makes far sense than any other film interpretation of the character

I have no complaints about the cast they really plag off eachother well I'm definitely seeing this again.
  • nujerz84
    Options

It would been cool if He called him Penny One like the comics
  • a.mann
    Options
    Anyone who seen the movie tell me if I was on point or missed the make on my assessment

texas409 wrote: »
    With all the pre & post production chaos , re-writes,re-shots, director having crazy family issues etc,etc

The movie is pretty damn good for what it is

let us know what makes it damn good without spoiling too much

Well, as a longstanding comic book head, I had to "train" myself years ago as to view these films as someone who isn't familiar with and doesn't know anything about the source material

With that, I feel as a movie they got the pacing & tone right, the writing was good (considering the production hell and re-writes, there's actually only a few truly cringe worthy lines), the plot made sense for what it was,(far as you could follow along without feeling lost & overwhelmed) the action was super (no pun intended), they didn't over do it on the comedic element( look at you Thor!) , the throwbacks to the previous film was do very well and made sense

The character interaction exceeded my expectations (something I thought would drag the film,along with the plot)
    The motivate as to what drove each character to join up made sense

My personal favorite part of the movie:
    The big return was handled very,VERY well...again far exceeded my expectations

The following fight was beast.....really showed his power and how the others measure up to it. No one played a "jobber" to make him look good....it was just an honest demonstration as to where he stands on the power-scale compared to them

As someone who came up reading the comics my only gripe would be "Pete Parker" with the Speed Force, (but not THAT bad)
    by comparison Aquaman "dude" was more "tolerable."

Cyborg,Batman,S-man and Wonder Wonder characterization was spot on

• a.mann
    edited November 2017
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    @A.mann I didn't mind Barry getting his fanboy on especially with how he was doing it was funny to me lol. Cosign
    When the League had to face Supes to get him calm enough after the process. I especially liked when Barry tried to speed around him and you saw that Superman was able to see hik through the speed force. Barry with the "oh ? ! Oh ? ! Oh ? !!" Face had me dying lol

True, most of the scenes were genuinely funny and well done, but I couldn't help think this is more Wally's shtick than Barry (that's the comic book head in me) But it in no way ruined the movie for me

And yeah, like I said that was my fav scene.
    You can practically hear Barry thinking to himself""Wait,this ? can see me??!!?""

And that look of utter disgust on Supes's face like ""? you actually think you can sneak up on me?? Do you know who the ? I AM?!?!?""

I love that line he tell Bat's :"You don't me to live and you won't let me die!" (I'm paraphrasing here)

Beautifully done, can't wait for the Ultimate Extended Cut
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought superman was supposed to be in the black suit
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Post credit scene was so fire man
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I loved the movie.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Man seeing Superman back was so dope. Finally a justice league movie wow
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ugh yall got me hype af. Cant ? wait till tomorrow. My theater ain't got no imax 3d showings, but got rpx 3d. For some reason i feel I recall folKS saying there is no imax 3d for the movie is this true?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Non spoiler opinions

I just finished watching it and I'll give it a 7/10

Not bored but not entertained. It's weird.

The DCEU need to follow Wonder Woman and
    super man
    and go from there.

Cyborg was one of the standouts to me over anyone else. He needs his own movie or do him like hulk and have him show up in other movies.

stepphanwolf holds the movie back by a lot....brainiac again could of served the same purpose.

Flash sucks....and the "my man" screaming aquaman does also.

They tried to be to 80's DC with tone and music.

The Good

WW
    Cyborg
    Bats

Bad
    Villain
    Flash
    Aqualad
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    The last post credit screen wooooooooooo!
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Smash on Amber Heard Mera Too
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Smash on Amber Heard Mera Too

He small time on screen was really good
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ima wait to give my opinion on the movie but off the bat i wish hans and junkie wouldve stayed on. his score wouldve been much more epic, elfmans was underwhelming with the except of the originals he sprinkled in.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yeah look at you all now 5 minutes ago all I heard was it projected to make less than wonder woman , the box office numbers, metacritic this, rotten tomatoes that. You guys want some ketchup or steak sauce along with those words you'll have to eat??
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    Why? it's below WW and MOS
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll type a lil review later but anyone that says this movie was straight up bad is lying and looking for attention.

It's at least an ok film but to a guy like me who braced to see a ? of a movie, it was got damn amazing.

8/10
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll type a lil review later but anyone that says this movie was straight up bad is lying and looking for attention.

It's at least an ok film but to a guy like me who braced to see a ? of a movie, it was got damn amazing.

8/10

Looking for attention? Like the guy who posted above you perhaps?
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be in the minority here but considering what this movie could have been i thought it was borderline trash.

Literally as by the numbers as you could make a film, i'll wait for the extended cut and give that a go.